**** Disney+ Official Thread ****

74,941 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dave94
Ferg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Its been working fine on my Roku Ultra(first version).
TCTTS
AG
Been working fine on my Apple TV. Granted, I don't use the app a ton, but I haven't had an issue yet.
Breggy Popup
AG
Works fine on my TCL built in Roku.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
I have spectrum through my apartment complex and a six month old Samsung smart tv. Zero issues.
tamusc
AG
No issues on Apple TV, Xbox One X, or iOS over the last few weeks.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I've had zero issues after the first day.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
texasaggie04
AG
I've found that most issues have been resolved, except it's not always good at saving your place for the "watch later" feature - particularly when you've downloaded something.

I watched a little over half of Rogue One on a flight the other day (downloaded to phone, watched in airplane mode). Then I went to finish it on my laptop. I've finished the movie, but my laptop and my phone now both think I'm only 1/4 of the way through the movie.

I'd like to see them fix minor issues like that and add a "viewing history."
texasaggie04
AG
Update: In case anybody else has the same issue, I figured it out. Pop-up blockers (in my case, uBlock) prevent Disney+ from accurately remembering where you left off watching from a PC. If you disable it, it'll remember your spot.
Sully
AG
I'm having playback issues on a Roku Ultra. We can browse but not play as it says "There was an error in the HTTP response. This could mean that malformed headers or an HTTP error code was returned." Anyone else run into this? There isn't an actual error code associated, just the text above.

I've reinstalled the app, reset the Roku, cussed, turned it off and on and cussed some more. Google is useless and I've DMd the Disney+ Support Twitter account to ask them.

Besides just casting, anyone got any other suggestions to actually he able to use the app on the Roku?

Thx!
Sully
AG
Figured it out. The Roku's network switched over to our Circle router and blocked it due to our restriction parameters. So, our Disney Circle blocked Disney+ (in case anyone else runs into this.)
Breggy Popup
AG
Sully said:

Figured it out. The Roku's network switched over to our Circle router and blocked it due to our restriction parameters. So, our Disney Circle blocked Disney+ (in case anyone else runs into this.)

So it worked as designed and this is a bad thing?
Sully
AG
Ha, yep...pretty much. But in my defense our Roku hasn't ever switched from our direct Google 5g connection to our Orbit Circle on its own. Usually its lazy as $h!+ and we have to do that ourselves.

I'm not used to technology actually working like it's supposed to.
Grapesoda2525
The last jedi joins disney +

Saxsoon
AG
Ironically, at least when it launched, Disney plus did not work on the Disney WiFi at Disney world
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Ferg
I would think within a few years it will be in almost every hotel room in the US.
Legal Custodian
AG
Somethings I've seen that aren't on Disney+:

The old-timey Goofy "how-to" shorts. Was really looking forward to watching those again, the ones where the narrator is teaching Goofy how to play football, how to swim, etc. I thought they were hilarious at the time.

A Disney Halloween. The collection of the Disney halloween cartoons that ABC used to air back in the 80's and 90's.
bearamedic99
AG
Legal Custodian said:

The old-timey Goofy "how-to" shorts. Was really looking forward to watching those again, the ones where the narrator is teaching Goofy how to play football, how to swim, etc. I thought they were hilarious at the time.

A Disney Halloween. The collection of the Disney halloween cartoons that ABC used to air back in the 80's and 90's.

There also is a great Goofy short that is missing called Motor Mania, comparing the differences between Me Walker and Mr Wheeler (polite pedestrian and a-hole driver)
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Yes, lots of things from the Wonderful World of Color that ran on Sundays for many years. I am hoping they will slowly keep adding.
Ag Since 83
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Legal Custodian said:

There also is a great Goofy short that is missing called Motor Mania, comparing the differences between Me Walker and Mr Wheeler (polite pedestrian and a-hole driver)
I have specifically looked for this one and am disappointed it's not there. Haven't seen it in years but remember loving it
agdaddy04
AG
Well that's odd, Home Alone and Home Alone 2 are gone.
The Collective
AG
Wonder if they are just going to put them on there around Christmas.
CowtownAg06
AG
Booo

We hadn't gotten to 2 yet. Just leave it all out there Disney.
Grapesoda2525
agdaddy04 said:

Well that's odd, Home Alone and Home Alone 2 are gone.
Didn't think this app would be like Netflix where things are constantly moved in and out.

Disney owns the rights to all of this stuff.
agdaddy04
AG
https://collider.com/disney-plus-home-alone-gone/ Is all I could find on the subject so far. Only reason I noticed is our 6 yo has really taken a liking to them and wanted to watch right now.
agdaddy04
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Wonder if they are just going to put them on there around Christmas.

This wouldn't make sense as there are plenty of Christmas movies still on there.
TCTTS
AG
Post removed:
by user
agdaddy04
AG
If that's the case then what streaming site has Home Alone?
agdaddy04
AG
Not sure If this has already been covered but if you signed up for Disney+ prior to Verizon deal being offered, you can still get the free 12 months by following the links on Verizon and then signing in to Disney +.
Grapesoda2525
With that said,

Live action Aladdin is coming to Disney + on January 9th I think.

Pretty good movie!
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I did a quick google, and I see that Home Alone is now streaming on Philo.

WTF is Philo? Who even watches that?

Disney should just "lose" the papers of that contract and continue streaming the movie. And then just throw however much is needed in court to shut them up.

Or hell, just buy that company and send in a Kendall to fire everyone, Terminator style.
Yoda
AG
Legal Custodian said:

I have run into a pair of those currently live. "How to Swim" and "How to Fish". Looks like they are only keeping a small percentage of vintage shorts live at any time. Not sure what the rationale is, as I would love to have them at our fingertips at all times.

I own a set of limited edition ancient DVD sets of all the classic shorts, inducing the one below, but I mostly keep them on the shelf. My kids would be much more likely to watch the classics on Disney+.

PatAg
AG
It's always surprising that these companies don't learn from their competitors mistakes when it comes to lack of transparency/communication.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.