**** Disney+ Official Thread ****

74,960 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dave94
FTACO97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I noticed some new functionality today on the site that wasn't there before. I've been binging Rebels the past week or so and it now will show the progress bar at the bottom of each episode thumbnail of the ones I have watched on the same computer and give me a resume screen at the top of the episode I was currently watching if it didn't finish.

c-jags
aggie-master said:

Is anyone else having family issues with Disney+?

My wife and kids only want to watch Disney+ now and I am sick of it. I

I'm currently sitting through Doc McStuffins for the sake of nostalgia of my football obsessed 10 year old that remembers watching it with his mom when he was little.

So yes.

ETA: I did have to force them to watch Rocketeer last night and they loved it.
The Collective
AG
Tried to watch Avatar for the second time in my life. It is trash.
bbattbq01
AG
FTACO97 said:

I noticed some new functionality today on the site that wasn't there before. I've been binging Rebels the past week or so and it now will show the progress bar at the bottom of each episode thumbnail of the ones I have watched on the same computer and give me a resume screen at the top of the episode I was currently watching if it didn't finish.

Why oh why don't they have a continue watching carousel
ChipFTAC01
AG
Whatever problem I was having on Wednesday night are gone. Watched Mandalorian last night and turned my kids onto old school duck tales this morning.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I haven't noticed, but is talespin on there?
Al Bula
AG
yep it is there when i search for it.
TXAG 05
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Yep. TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck, and the original Ducktales.
CowtownAg06
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Yep. TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck, and the original Ducktales.

I've watch both Darkwing and Talespin with my kids. They like them both, but I'm shocked how well Talespin holds up.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Talespin was my favorite of the Disney cartoons. The new Duck Tales is great.
wangus12
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Talespin was my favorite of the Disney cartoons. The new Duck Tales is great.
We always watched Talespin and Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers when we were little
c-jags
This morning my family was watching Phineas and Ferb.

This is acceptable.
Gigem314
AG
bbattbq01 said:

FTACO97 said:

Why oh why don't they have a continue watching carousel
Yeah, and I'm hoping they'll add an option to alphabetize the watchlist by title. Basically, more of the functional features like you'd see in VUDU. I'm sure those things are coming.
htxag09
AG
I had a moment of weakness and was going to sign up. But checked my 1st gen Apple TV and it's not compatible. Oh well
Al Bula
AG
Introduced my 2yr old to duck tales and he is already singing the "woo ooooo" part of the theme song.

Damn you Disney for letting me raise my kid on the same cartoons I had growing up. Talespin will def be in the rotation.
israeliag
AG
dromo07 said:

weird mine has resumed just fine where I have left off. Even going from one tv to another or from a mobile device.

Maybe it's just really telling me I shouldn't attempt a rewatch of The Phantom Menace.
The Collective
AG
Introduced my son to Doug, forgot how great this show is.
InternetFan02
AG
Swiss Family Robinson in HD. My 6 year old loved it.

Pirates
Real jungle animals
Guns
Elaborate traps
Gunpowder
Treehouses
Boats
Men who act like men and women who act like women
hph6203
AG
And cross dressing!

Great film.
InternetFan02
AG
Yes cross dressing for legit purposes like avoiding being raped by pirates
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anyone else getting "malformed data" errors when they try playing something? It happens pretty often on my Roku.
Ag_07
AG
Maybe I'm missing something or maybe it's only like this on the Fire Stick but I don't like how it doesn't show the entire library of a category when you browse.

For example if you go to Live Action it only shows 10 selections. For me it should show every live action movie.

A lot of times when I sit and watch I'm not going to watch a particular movie and just want to browse. There's tons of stuff you never see unless you search it.
texasaggie04
AG
Looks like the app just got an update. I have a Continue Watching feature now (finally!). Still some work to do, a few bugs still around and some upgrades would be helpful. But this is at least a big step to implementing a feature that is essentially a necessity in the streaming wars.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice. I'm sure these kinds of improvements will be coming pretty quick in these first few months.
Saxsoon
AG
I really wish I could create folders on my watchlist. Separate out Classic Disney movies from Disney channel shows broken out from cartoons.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
wangus12
AG
What do we think the timeline will be going forward for how long it takes Disney to throw up new films onto Disney+.

Obviously putting Endgame was more about getting people to simply sign up for it. But things like the live action Aladdin and Lion King aren't on there.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
wcb
AG
Ag_07 said:

Maybe I'm missing something or maybe it's only like this on the Fire Stick but I don't like how it doesn't show the entire library of a category when you browse.
From a software development standpoint it's smart to limit data initially. I'm sure as they dial in the user base and allocate back end resources accordingly features like this that require more data to come across the pipe will be enabled.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://deadline.com/2019/11/disney-stock-hits-new-high-as-analyst-estimates-disney-downloads-at-15-5m-1202795455/
PatAg
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Tried to watch Avatar for the second time in my life. It is trash.
For me, that movie was all about seeing it in theaters to get the true experience.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Still the best 3D experience I've had in the theater.
redd38
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Still the best 3D experience I've had in the theater.

That's a pretty low bar though.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Endgame might have been good to draw some people in but I put most all money on the draw for people to buy is the original Disney movies. Not Marvel

Just my opinion
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Just discovered all the old muppet movies are on here.

I had no idea Hans Zimmer did the soundtrack for Muppet Treasure Island.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.