***Aquaman***

55,080 Views | 451 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Not a Bot
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think they held it back. Feels like it's a final act or final scene kind of thing.
canadiaggie
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Silly question but I don't remember seeing the orange and green costume in earlier trailers. Was it something they held back or a later CGI addition?
They held it back. Surprise reveal I guess
canadiaggie
AG
TCTTS said:

I think they held it back. Feels like it's a final act or final scene kind of thing.
Looking at some Chinese tv spots, it looks like he puts it on for the third act
AgfromHOU
AG
As others have said, held back. He gets it after finding the dead king's trident from the trailers
FTACO97
AG
Watched the latest trailer last night. Once again, another film that has now had too much spoiled by a trailer. Had several new story plots that hadn't been in previous trailers. Why oh why do they have to do this?!?!
AgfromHOU
AG
James Wan, the director, claims that the trailers barely scratch the surface of the movie
TCTTS
AG
That's because most of it takes place under water.
DB Coach
AG
LOL!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Movie opened big in China. Things are looking good.

Quote:

"Aquaman," the new superhero origin story from Warner Bros. and DC, opened to a record-breaking $24.6 million in China from approximately 30,500 screens on its opening day.

The film held an 86 percent market share on its opening day, with 100 percent of its screens showing the film in 3-D. The total is also the highest opening day ever for a Warner Bros. film, and it's the highest grossing industry opening day ever in China for the month of December.

"Aquaman" is opening in China two weeks before it hits the U.S., and audience and online reaction to the film has likewise been strong, with the film posting high marks in the Chinese tracking figures, including a Maoyan score of 9.5, Taopiaopaio at 9.4 and Douban at 8.4.
canadiaggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Movie opened big in China. Things are looking good.

Quote:

"Aquaman," the new superhero origin story from Warner Bros. and DC, opened to a record-breaking $24.6 million in China from approximately 30,500 screens on its opening day.

The film held an 86 percent market share on its opening day, with 100 percent of its screens showing the film in 3-D. The total is also the highest opening day ever for a Warner Bros. film, and it's the highest grossing industry opening day ever in China for the month of December.

"Aquaman" is opening in China two weeks before it hits the U.S., and audience and online reaction to the film has likewise been strong, with the film posting high marks in the Chinese tracking figures, including a Maoyan score of 9.5, Taopiaopaio at 9.4 and Douban at 8.4.

That's huge. It may not get to 1bil worldwide but it will come close.

Overcoming the hatchet job done to the DCEU by Hack Snyder would be a borderline miracle.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If I had to put money on it right now, I'd say it passes $1B.

It's already up to $93M+ from China alone, and Venom did $850M.

Fairly sure it'll outgross Venom in many countries.
rhutton125
AG
Venom also had some very soft competition. Aquaman comes a week after Spiderverse and at the same time as Mary Poppins and Bumblebee.

But after that... I guess things really are looking pretty soft until mid-January, at least as far as big blockbusters. If Aquaman catches some momentum, it could ride that until Lego Movie on February 8th. Could have some real legs.

I may be missing something though! Maybe January really is that bad a time for box offices.
TCTTS
AG
Glass comes out mid-January and might be big-ish?
rhutton125
AG
That's the only one that kind of stood out to me between Christmas and Lego Movie in February. Crazy.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
AgfromHOU said:

Final trailer. Looks pretty good.

This looks comically bad.
TCTTS
AG
I just don't think I can bring myself to see this theatrically. It'll likely be the first DCEU/MCU movie I don't see in the theater.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

I just don't think I can bring myself to see this theatrically. It'll likely be the first DCEU/MCU movie I don't see in the theater.
Think we are all just waiting for someone we trust to say it was good after they see it.
TCTTS
AG
Will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread next Thursday night.
AgfromHOU
AG
Seeing it next Saturday. Wanted to see it this Saturday with the Prime early showings but I'll be out of town.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
If either of my kids show any interest, then I'll happily take them. Otherwise, I doubt I'll take the time out of the busy holiday season to see this.
TheBruceWayne
im excited for this, I hope they stop trying to play catch up with the mcu
Kate Beckett
AG
I might not be trusted, but I am going on Saturday night and will share my thoughts.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

If you saw Suicide Squad theatrically, then you should see Aquaman.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Let's be honest: the second trailer for Suicide Squad (The Bohemian Rhapsody one) was one of the best trailers in a long, long time. The Aquaman trailers? Not so much.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Let's be honest: the second trailer for Suicide Squad (The Bohemian Rhapsody one) was one of the best trailers in a long, long time. The Aquaman trailers? Not so much.
Ok. Great trailer <> great movie. Not sure, though, if bad trailer = bad movie.
double aught
AG
I feel like I've been hearing about this movie for a decade. How is it still not released?
Flashdiaz
AG
double aught said:

I feel like I've been hearing about this movie for a decade. How is it still not released?
it's like when a kid has a bad report card they need signed... they're just delaying the inevitable.
AgfromHOU
AG
How? They haven't delayed the movie once.
canadiaggie
AG
Flashdiaz said:

double aught said:

it's like when a kid has a bad report card they need signed... they're just delaying the inevitable.
It's not considered a bad report card by Asian standards
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I find it odd to watch Justice League, but then draw the line at Aquaman, which by all accounts appears to be good.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

This movie beating the original's opening weekend is still a tall order......
c-jags
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Ok. Great trailer <> great movie. Not sure, though, if bad trailer = bad movie.
i'd like to remind everybody that gladiator had a trailer with kid rock in it and batman begins had a trailer with nickelback in it.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I find it odd to watch Justice League, but then draw the line at Aquaman, which by all accounts appears to be good.

DCEU fatigue hadn't quite set in yet. JL was not only the last straw, but introduced an Aquaman I have no desire to continue watching.
TCTTS
AG
I mean, this just sounds so incredibly mind-numbing...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.