***Aquaman***

55,114 Views | 451 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Not a Bot
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
HumbleAg said:

The dialog sounds like it's straight from an animated movie.

All the dialogue is ripped from the ANIMATED movie, "Justice League: Throne of Atlantis"
AgfromHOU
AG
My first post

http://collider.com/aquaman-movie-details-story/
OasisMan
AG
Brick Tamland said:

From TCTTS:

This is going to be the only superhero movie my wife will watch
Duncan Idaho
His little scene in that first movie(can't remember if it was a Batman, Superman or wonder woman movie) was terrible.

He looked like he was holding his breath.

My plane landed while I was watching it and Istill haven't finished justice league. So maybe it was in that
Bruce Almighty
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

His little scene in that first movie(can't remember if it was a Batman, Superman or wonder woman movie) was terrible.

He looked like he was holding his breath.

My plane landed while I was watching it and Istill haven't finished justice league. So maybe it was in that

He had a cameo in Batman v Superman.
Duncan Idaho
The fact that I couldn't remember that, shows how terrible those movies are.
AgMarauder04
AG
You mean the video?
Duncan Idaho
That is what I was thinking of
Bruce Almighty
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

You mean the video?
Yes
Quad Dog
AG
Different text on the poster on this one.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Quad Dog said:

Different text on the poster on this one.

That has to be fake
AgMarauder04
AG
Isn't that a Zoolander quote?
Bruce Almighty
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Isn't that a Zoolander quote?

Holy ****, you're right. That makes it better.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Listen to your friend Billy Zane
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Didn't want to make a thread, but for any Collider fans -- apparently Jon Schnepp (host of Collider Heroes) is in pretty critical condition. Life-threatening.

https://www.gofundme.com/getwelljonschneppfundraiser?member=442336
TajMaballer
AG
Hoping for the best for Schnepp. Love Heroes and have gotten so many recommendations for comics to read/horror movies to watch from him.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I had no idea Dolph Lungdren was in this movie.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, no thanks...

AliasMan02
AG
Said this in the other thread but I don't think this trailer lives up to the hype the movie has been getting. Also a LOT of stuff that will be viewed as BP rehash.
TCTTS
AG
I'll go so far as to say I won't be seeing Aquaman in theaters now. Joining The Hobbit movies, the Fantastic Beasts movie, and the last Terminator movie as the only major blockbusters I can think of that I haven't seen in theaters over the past few years.

This looks terrible.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeesh.

This looks to me very similar to Justice League, both tonally and visually. (Over-saturated colors, weird CGI, etc.)

I hope it turns out better than that, but my expecations have basically plummeted.
Ulrich
Combines the understated CGI of The Hobbit with the original storytelling of Avatar and the sharp wit of Schindler's List.

But really though, it's like Schwarzenegger's less charismatic brother starring in a remake of The Phantom Menace.
Post removed:
by user
Ulrich
The story is straight out of something else but I'm blanking on what it is. Not The Little Mermaid, although... sort of also The Little Mermaid.
AgMarauder04
AG
Tonally? JL was dark AF and not fun, Aquaman very much is not. It's a comic book movie with a character pre established in another movie, so visually there had to be similarities.

I'll give it a shot. Looks fun, but I, unlike way too many on this board, just want a fun popcorn flick
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep.

The tone of the DCEU should've stayed as it was in MoS and BvS. That was really working for me, honestly. (Let's call it dark, cliche as that is.)

With JL they started forcing in humor and it just doesn't gel with this universe, imho. And it looks like Aquaman is steering completely in that direction.

I'll give them that though, they are staying true to the Aquaman they showed in JL.
AgMarauder04
AG
I think it'll work much better as the plan, instead of shoehorned in as an afterthought like JL.
rhutton125
AG
My beef is the humor being such... low-hanging fruit. Like in JL - "I heard you talk to fish"? Aquaman has been made fun of for that for decades. You can do better than the most generic joke about it there is.

The redhead joke, for example. Wow you're such a party bro, that's great. Stereotypes are great! I'm really dying over here.

I don't know anything about writing jokes but the DC ones, by and large, feel like it's just the bare minimum.
wangus12
AG
I'll see it because Amber Heard is in it
TajMaballer
AG
I'll be in the minority here, but I really enjoyed the trailer and I'm more excited for this than I was after that bad poster. It has elements of Thor and Black Panther that I dig.

Full disclosure, CGI doesn't bother me in movies. Especially in trailers where it can get better. When it's done well it's just icing on the cake.
AgMarauder04
AG
I'm in.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Have to say I've watched the trailer many more times and it's grown on me quite a bit.

This design looks pretty sick. Very GoT/Avatar-esque, but underwater.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.