***Aquaman***

55,116 Views | 451 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Not a Bot
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This one falls just short of being dead last in the DCEU for me, with BvS holding that honor. Of course, I saw the preview for Shazam which has already told me to hold it's beer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$100M domestic (or close) as of Christmas Day, and up to $500M worldwide.

Considering JL topped out at $657M, I'd say WB must be happy with the numbers. Should be able to surpass it with the good word of mouth. (In comparison to JL at least.)

I bet we get a sequel announcement sooner than later.
YouBet
AG
We may go see this on Friday. I'm still fascinated by it purely from the spectacle of it based on reviews here.

I will wait for Shazam on whatever free movie service ultimately gets it. That looks terrible.
PatAg
AG
Zachary Levi is awesome, so I was hoping Shazam could be good...
Lucas Jackson
Call me.....BLACK MANTA"

I nearly spit out my coke.
canadiaggie
AG
PatAg said:

I'm not sure why people think Shazam looks bad. It's clearly oriented at teens given who Billy Batson is, and they've barely revealed anything of the movie except 3 jokes and that Mark Strong is a buff Dr. Sivana
Cromagnum
AG
canadiaggie said:

PatAg said:

I'm not sure why people think Shazam looks bad. It's clearly oriented at teens given who Billy Batson is, and they've barely revealed anything of the movie except 3 jokes and that Mark Strong is a buff Dr. Sivana

canadiaggie
AG
Cromagnum said:

canadiaggie said:

PatAg said:

Pretty serious. The trailer had good social media reactions, the movie seems funny, geared towards families, and it didn't really give much away.

Slap a Marvel sticker on that baby and it's a 99% on rotten tomatoes guarantee, but since critics won't be able to cash their Disney Bux on this one, it'll probably end up with critical reception between Aquaman and WW and do decently at the box office.
Cromagnum
AG
canadiaggie said:

Cromagnum said:

canadiaggie said:

PatAg said:

Pretty serious. The trailer had good social media reactions, the movie seems funny, geared towards families, and it didn't really give much away.

Slap a Marvel sticker on that baby and it's a 99% on rotten tomatoes guarantee, but since critics won't be able to cash their Disney Bux on this one, it'll probably end up with critical reception between Aquaman and WW and do decently at the box office.

canadiaggie
AG
Cromagnum said:

canadiaggie said:

Cromagnum said:

canadiaggie said:

PatAg said:

The Last Jedi sure lived up to its ratings
Bruce Almighty
AG
Disney doesn't need to buy reviews for The Last Jedi to make a gazillion dollars.
canadiaggie
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Disney doesn't need to buy reviews for The Last Jedi to make a gazillion dollars.

Wasn't talking about the $$$$ performance overall, but iirc TLJ made significantly less money than TFA.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I want to weigh in on the above but don't want to derail. Posting on the Star Wars thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://screenrant.com/aquaman-box-office-total-billion-dollars/

Oh wow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I honestly don't think it quite reaches $1B, but that's a massive, smashing success if it even comes close. Not even WW made that
Laser Wolf
Can't wait to see this. Aquaman is a BAMF.
YouBet
AG
Laser Wolf said:

Can't wait to see this. Aquaman is a BAMF.
Engine10
AG
Just got back from this one.

Agreed with everyone above, script was trash. Went for a lot of RDJ Ironman 1/2 type humor for Mamoa and whiffed most of them.

But cmon - there's dudes riding sharks shooting laser beams and ***** Once the action got started and the quest began, it was a fun ride.

Not that it's worth much, but I can't wait for all of the GIFs to come from this movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

It's so cool seeing him turn into a kid at the sight of a nice hotel suite. You gotta love this guy.
Serious Lee
i was looking for for stuff to watch in 4K the other other day on youtube and came across the trailer for this movie. it felt like a chore to sit through those 4 minutes. truly awful
YouBet
AG
I just read that there is an octopus playing a drum solo in this movie.

I'm in for the idiocracy. May go to see it today.
dave94
AG
YouBet said:

It was a truly prequel-like moment. I can't believe more people haven't blasted that.
Sex Panther
AG
YouBet said:

Lmao... I completely forgot about that. I half expected Sebastian to pop out and sing Under The Sea when that happened
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
80s Guy
Sex Panther said:

YouBet said:

Lmao... I completely forgot about that. I half expected Sebastian to pop out and sing Under The Sea when that happened

If the got Sebastian Bach to voice it, I'm so in!
YouBet
AG
80s Guy said:

Sex Panther said:

YouBet said:

If the got Sebastian Bach to voice it, I'm so in!
User name checks out! Lol.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow, maybe it CAN get to $1B. Already up to $615M. Money seems to be pouring in over the holiday corridor.
Kate Beckett
AG
YouBet said:

Me and Dad started busting out laughing at that.
FL_Ag1998
AG
YouBet said:

Holy ****, are you serious? Lol, yeah been flip flopping on whether to spend money seeing this in the theater... I think you just solved my dilemma and saved me some money.
Forum Troll
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

YouBet said:

Holy ****, are you serious? Lol, yeah been flip flopping on whether to spend money seeing this in the theater... I think you just solved my dilemma and saved me some money.

Maybe I'm just different but it makes me want to see it even more. That and men riding sharks into battle.
canadiaggie
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

YouBet said:

It's not as awesome or as bad as everyone describes it tbh. It's like a 2 second shot. Not full on Ariel and Sebastian
fig96
AG
Forum Troll said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

YouBet said:

Maybe I'm just different but it makes me want to see it even more. That and men riding sharks into battle.
The movie is kinda ridiculous for exactly the reasons you're mentioning, but it's also a lot of fun.

If you're the kind of person who debates physics in superhero films you probably won't like this one. If you want to see Atlanteans riding battle sharks then this will be your cup of tea.
Laser Wolf
Best DC universe movie ever.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.