***Aquaman***

55,124 Views | 451 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Not a Bot
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also, there is a video of Momoa doing the Haka at the premier
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cromagnum
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

RT has basically become meaningless to me when it comes to comic book movies.

The critics couldn't stop raving about Civil War, WW, Black Panther, etc, and totally **** on Man of Steel and BvS, which are much better movies.

I'll see for myself. I trust no one when it comes to MCU and DCEU.

BvS was one of the worst comic movies in recent years so I know you're trolling.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Never give anything but my honest opinions on this board.
toucan82
You're still the Buster
PatAg
AG
He's not wrong about RT being a worthless site now.
canadiaggie
AG
Got prime tickets for me and my SO. She and I both have stubs so it was free too. Anyone else going to the prime early screenings?
Kate Beckett
AG
Just got done.

Me and my dad enjoyed it. We had a really rough week (my grandmother passed away unexpectedly) so it was an escape for us.

Yes, some parts were cheesy and predictable, but I found myself laughing at several points during the movie and really enjoyed it. I am one though who doesn't really super criticize movies.
D12Lloyd
AG
Man that was awful. I thought it was cringeworthy in some scenes. The humor fell flat and the cgi was terrible. I thought black manta was somewhat ok...but sheesh.
canadiaggie
AG
Kate Beckett said:

Just got done.

Me and my dad enjoyed it. We had a really rough week (my grandmother passed away unexpectedly) so it was an escape for us.

Yes, some parts were cheesy and predictable, but I found myself laughing at several points during the movie and really enjoyed it. I am one though who doesn't really super criticize movies.

I'm sorry for your loss and I agree that it was a fun, cheesy escape. Atlantis looked great too. Audience clapped at the end.

DC ought to stick to these single character movies for now.
kyledr04
AG
Saw it yesterday. It wasn't bad but kinda cheesy and very predictable. Felt like Tron + Sword in the Stone + Lord of the rings.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Saw it with the Prime tickets, and thought it was actually pretty good. I had low expectations going in, and yeah it wasn't the best movie ever but it's at the top of the DC movies for what that's worth
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Got my thursday ticket for IMAX 3D.

Hoping this is good.
wangus12
AG
kyledr04 said:

Saw it yesterday. It wasn't bad but kinda cheesy and very predictable. Felt like Tron + Sword in the Stone + Lord of the rings.
It may just be me, but that sounds like an awesome mashup
canadiaggie
AG
wangus12 said:

kyledr04 said:

It may just be me, but that sounds like an awesome mashup
It is. It's a bizarro high-fantasy/sci-fi/adventure flick. People drawing Thor comparisons aren't completely off the mark, but that has more to do with Momoa's portrayal = Hemsworth's portrayal than with the feel of the movie. It's just it's own weird thing and it works for the most part. Doesn't really feel like any of the other superhero movies out there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was thinking the same.
AgfromHOU
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sex Panther
AG
That's even funnier seeing HBO put that out
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So who's watching tonight?
AgfromHOU
AG
Saturday

Meant thumbs up
Kate Beckett
AG
Jason Momoa at Dallas Comic Con in May.

Yes please
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Loved it. That was awesome. It was big, epic, fun, and the best kind of cheesy. It's everything Justice League tried to do and failed.

Also, visually spectacular. CGI was fantastic. And most of the movie was filmed in IMAX (fills the screen), so definitely do IMAX for this if it's available.

Just the kind of movie you go to the theater for. A ton of fun, and saw it with a great crowd, too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Very solid 86% audience score. Hoping this one does well and gets the DCEU back on track.
Squirrel Master
AG
Saw last night. Our group had a fairly universal opinion - fun, pretty good. I rank beneath MoS and WW, but above BvS and JL in the DC universe. I liked Momoa, felt that Amber Heard isn't good enough to be the second lead in a blockbuster (though she looked good), and that the story was good, while predictable.

Surprised to hear someone say they thought the CGI was fantastic. I thought it was distracting at times how artificial it felt. Atlantis was cool, but people's faces were constantly freaky.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This one felt very much like Man of Steel meets Black Panther. But underwater. And with the "fantasy" notch turned way up.

Man of Steel is still my favorite DCEU movie, but I think this may be a solid second for me.
Squirrel Master
AG
Yeah, I can agree with all that.

I actually thought the big battle at the end reminded me of star wars, maybe mostly because of how much the Ocean Master's big ship looked like the big Imperial ships.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Avatar for me. For several reasons. ie. Having all of the ocean's creatures on his side, riding the biggest and baddest one, etc.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
First of all, how could they not work in a Khal Drogo vs. Ivan Drago joke? It was right there for the taking.

Second of all, there should have been a musical number with Jango Fett/Moana's dad taking Arthur around singing "Where You Are" from Moana to young Arthur.

"Arthur! Make way! Make way! Arthur it's time you knew, the kingdom of Atlantis is all you need.
"The octopus is practicing, it's playing a giant drum. Who needs a new drum in the RIng of Fire?"

Third, when Mera hops on the orca to go to war, they should have had the orca look right at the camera and say "Even this is better than Sea World."

And finally, not to be Johnny Raincloud, but that movie was really not good. I would have enjoyed it a lot when I was 14, but alas, I am not. I voluntarily took a nap during Trenchville and woke up to find Nicole Kidman was queen of Avatar.

Big props to my wife for recognizing that this project of her celebrity crush Mr. Momoa was not so good. Or as she said after, "It's like Little Mermaid meets Power Rangers meets Bubble Guppies meets When is this going to be over?"
ramblin_ag02
AG
I didn't think The Little Mermaid's live action prequel would be this intense, but it sets things up nicely
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
InternetFan02
AG
Fun! I'm putting it in the So Bad it's Good section. They had me at "in the ocean our tears wash away....well here on land we feel our tears"

Patrick Wilson! Took me awhile to figure it out...thought it was Gavin the bad guy from Silicon Valley. And they did have Tommy Chung from Veep in a cameo so my mind was already on hbo

Had some dumb and dumber vibes, mom and dad save the planet, platoon, das boot...all over the place
pfo
AG
I didn't like Aquaman very much. It was cheesy and predictable. However, the film was colorfully beautiful and the special effects were adequate.

BCSWguru
[This is not a political movie and we are not going to let it get derailed. -Staff]
wangus12
AG
That movie was awesome! Ton of fun
The D
AG
if this movie had a little more humor it would have been good. It felt like some of the marvel movies but just missed it at some points. A little took long but some of the visuals were increbible

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.