***Aquaman***

55,085 Views | 451 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Not a Bot
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dudes riding great white sharks is badass. It's science.
SeattleAgJr
Sex Panther said:

Dudes riding great white sharks is badass. It's science.
yes, think of how the sharks' aerodynamics are completely shot to hell with a huge lump on their back.
israeliag
AG
T&P to Aquaman's army if Austin Powers is canonical DCEU

Brick Tamland
AGinHI
AG
Aquaman--smh

Maybe Zan can transform into "form of a lake" and Aquaman can go jump in it

call some trout and such

save the day!

“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
double aught
AG
MAROON said:

Broba Fett said:

This has no chance, none, nada.
the ONLY way this was going to work was if Adrian Grenier was cast as Aquaman.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brick Tamland
TCTTS
AG
Something is definitely up. The trailer was 100% set to debut by Monday at the latest...

TCTTS
AG
The imminent release of the trailer was basically what this whole EW push has been for the past couple of days. Those kind of things almost always hit just before the trailer debuts.

The trailer literally premiered privately at CineEurope earlier this week, followed by EW marketing push, which was supposed to be followed by the public release of the trailer a few days later.

Now it's suddenly delayed five weeks?
double aught
AG
Where are you seeing that?
TCTTS
AG
Where am I seeing what? Warner Bros. literally said - at the CineEurope presentation earlier this week - that the trailer would be debuting publicly "in the next few days." Now it's not.
double aught
AG
Where are you seeing that it's not debuting in the next few days? I guess I'm missing something in your linked tweet.
Brick Tamland
Look at my tweet from the director
TCTTS
AG
In the post literally above mine where Brick has embedded a tweet that has a big, official image saying, "AQUAMAN TRAILER DEBUT SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON"
Brick Tamland
Just saw that tweet and came to post it. I wonder if they're milking the publicity or they didn't get the trailer reaction they wanted so they want to go edit it, or spruce up the VFX.

I'm betting they didn't get the trailer reaction they wanted
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

In the post literally above mine where Brick has embedded a tweet that has a big, official image saying, "AQUAMAN TRAILER DEBUT SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON"
Oh. I didn't know when Comic Con was.
TCTTS
AG
I honestly don't know. It always made the most sense to debut it at Comic-Con anyway. But yeah, I'm guessing something about the reactions scared them off? Even though I haven't really seen any negative reactions to the footage or any of the images.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, not 'til July, likely on Saturday, July 21.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, the way things are trending, this could very well be the last big studio presentation at Comic-Con. Nearly every other studio has dropped out / is doing their own thing now. No Marvel this year, and even HBO decided not to bring GoT or Westworld. I've seen a dozen articles in the past few days saying the big studio presentations at Comic-Con are likely finished.
SeattleAgJr
TCTTS said:

Btw, the way things are trending, this could very well be the last big studio presentation at Comic-Con. Nearly every other studio has dropped out / is doing their own thing now. No Marvel this year, and even HBO decided not to bring GoT or Westworld. I've seen a dozen articles in the past few days saying the big studio presentations at Comic-Con are likely finished.
in some ways that is good. it has become way too dominant at the con, and so much else is smothered by it.

granted there is a percentage of people who will no longer go if there are no tentpoles presentations, but the con will do OK with its focus on comics and tv.
bearamedic99
AG
TCTTS said:

that may be a good thing. Let the conventions shrink some so I can get in.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. I went a couple years ago and it was a miserable experience. I will never go back again, so I could not care less. Besides, CinemaCon in Vegas every April has basically taken its place in terms big studio presentations with exclusive new footage, celebs on stage, etc. Then there's of course D23 and Star Wars Celebration and all that. Studios are still doing the presentations, just more on their own terms and in a more controlled environment.
Fenrir
It's the same with video games. E3 is losing favor. The digital age makes it easier for companies to show their creations in more controlled environments and not have to share the stage with other big announcements.
Brick Tamland
I hope they do their own presentations in the future, a la Apple, Google, Marvel a few years ago, etc.
SeattleAgJr
Fenrir said:

It's the same with video games. E3 is losing favor. The digital age makes it easier for companies to show their creations in more controlled environments and not have to share the stage with other big announcements.
Yep.

PAX for the win, although even those are getting too crowded.
double aught
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Fenrir said:

Yep.

PAX for the win, although even those are getting too crowded.
It's funny. E3 was started so that video games could be separate from CES.
Brick Tamland
General Zod has joined the hype train

dave94
AG
TCTTS said:

Agreed. I went a couple years ago and it was a miserable experience. I will never go back again, so I could not care less. Besides, CinemaCon in Vegas every April has basically taken its place in terms big studio presentations with exclusive new footage, celebs on stage, etc. Then there's of course D23 and Star Wars Celebration and all that. Studios are still doing the presentations, just more on their own terms and in a more controlled environment.

But CinemaCom is definitely not for the masses. It's so hard to get into the bigtime studio presentations. That's never gonna be an alternative to what the other Cons have been able to do in terms of letting regular folks see some cool stuff early.
TCTTS
AG
Col. Steve Austin
AG
The dialog sounds like it's straight from an animated movie.

I am not the Six Million Dollar Man, but I might need that surgery. "We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
HumbleAg said:

Probably bc it is. Fake trailer.
Belton Ag
AG
HumbleAg said:

All of that footage is from Justice League and Japanese monster movies.
jackie childs
Belton Ag said:

HumbleAg said:

All of that footage is from Justice League and Japanese monster movies.
wow...the fact that anybody thinks this could be a real trailer kinda tells you all you need to know about DC
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Come on guys.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.