*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

87,877 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TajMaballer
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
None of the regular characters are going to call her Daisy
JaxDad
AG
I like the start for this Spring season. Lots of possibilities.
chase128
AG
Great start!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, I am interested in knowing where the story is going with Bobbi and Mac. I kind of think that they are going to be working for Talbot. Fitz seems to have found a kindred spirit in Skye now that she has change thank to the mist.
redline248
AG
Along with the Mack/Bobbi angle, I'm curious about the preview for next week. What is Sif going to know about the inhumans?
SeattleAgJr
Well, Asgard is very aware of the Inhumans, Skree, etc.
Since they watch over Midguard, they probably know the entire history of the Inhumans.
Stupe
S
Ok, I'm not completely up on all of my Marvel Universe knowledge.

Who did Raina turn in to?
aTmLoKi
AG
quote:
Since they watch over Midguard, they probably know the entire history of the Inhumans.
"AHHHHH SKREE SKREE!"

R0GUE
AG
quote:

You combined two alien races into one. The Skrull and the Kree. The Kree are the ones we've been introduced to in AoS and GotG.

quote:
Ok, I'm not completely up on all of my Marvel Universe knowledge.

Who did Raina turn in to?
No named character really. She doesn't have a direct analogue from the comics. She's her own character.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
You combined two alien races into one. The Skrull and the Kree. The Kree are the ones we've been introduced to in AoS and GotG.

Was intentional since so many of the storylines are about the Skrull/Kree wars. Saying Skree is just easier.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Was intentional since so many of the storylines are about the Skrull/Kree wars. Saying Skree is just easier.
If you wanted to be really clever you could call them the Skree'ar. Or the Skreetauri.
Saxsoon
AG
Gosh this show is night and day different from first half of season 1. Such a strong mid season return. Love how the Hydra heads are competing to be the next Whitehall.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
quote:
If you wanted to be really clever you could call them the Skree'ar. Or the Skreetauri.

OK, try the:
Kree
SKrull
Brood
Shi'ar
CHeetauri
Watchers

WatCheeBrooSKree'ar
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Gosh this show is night and day different from first half of season 1. Such a strong mid season return. Love how the Hydra heads are competing to be the next Whitehall.
yeah, 1st half of season one was like a bad ripoff of Criminal Minds. "Super" incident happens at "x" location, and the team flies on their private jet to go solve it.
swimmerbabe11
I thought Raina was Quill...

This episode was fantastic.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I thought Raina was Quill...

This episode was fantastic.
She certainly has similar powers, but Quill is owned by Fox (he's a mutant) and was actually in the latest X-Men movie.
Stupe
Saxsoon
AG
Awesome episode. It was great to see sif turn on Skye and see coulsen stand up for her. Also love the son of Cole line.

OK what are mack and Bobbi up to?
R0GUE
AG
I have 2 theories:

A) they are working with a parallel agency who wants to usurp SHIELD's power, possibly led by Talbot, or maybe the Avengers themselves. The idea being this group still doesn't trust SHIELD after the Hydra thing.
Or
B) they are Skrulls (or Chitauri or whatever shape shifting alien race you want to call them)

B is so much more awesome. :P
Saxsoon
AG
I doubt b because I doubt aliens would give a crap about feeling bad about leaving hunter out.

Was sword a competitor to shield or an evolved from of shield?
Red Five
AG
A little bit of both, I think. Originally it was a part of Shield maybe? then later became a competitor of sorts.
R0GUE
AG
I don't think Abigail Brand reports to Fury or Hill so probably like red said, it's independent by now.
TexasAggie_02
AG
What if they are working for Steve Rogers? Steve told fury in the winter soldier that 'hydra, shield, it all goes.' Now you have shield carrying on with business as usual.
tamusc
AG
And being led by someone Cap thought was dead.
tamusc
AG
And isn't SWORD a splinter of SHEILD tasked with protecting Earth from extraterrestrial threats?
Saxsoon
AG
Sword I think would make for a great counterpoint to shield that isn't hydra. Willing to work together but still competitive. Sword would be interested in why coulsen was dinking around an ancient city.
redline248
AG
Mack is in trouble now. What's he going to do with Hunter? I also wonder where Simmons is going to come down on the Sky issue. Did anyone notice Coulson called them Fitz and Simmons, rather than Fitzsimmons? Subtle nod to their current relationship?
Saxsoon
AG
I think she is torn but I think she will eventually side with Skye. The ending scene though with the team terrified of Skye was much better than them being quite so accepting as coulson.
redline248
AG
Ok, about what the Kree guy was saying of the ancient experiments. They are all abominations, right? It would appear the Kree either really screwed up on other worlds, or just have no idea about what the inhumans are. I'm sure there are some "evil" ones, but based on the fact they've stayed hidden and left everyone else alone I think it's safe to assume they aren't abominations.

Oh, one other thing: Coulson sent a team to find Reyna and they all watched as a force field surrounded her and she went poof. They didn't seem too concerned about that this week.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

Oh, one other thing: Coulson sent a team to find Reyna and they all watched as a force field surrounded her and she went poof. They didn't seem too concerned about that this week.

Was that a shield team, or hydra?

91_Aggie
AG
quote:
Ok, about what the Kree guy was saying of the ancient experiments. They are all abominations, right? It would appear the Kree either really screwed up on other worlds, or just have no idea about what the inhumans are. I'm sure there are some "evil" ones, but based on the fact they've stayed hidden and left everyone else alone I think it's safe to assume they aren't abominations.

If you are scientist doing experiments on mice, and that experiment causes one or two of the mice gain abilities and then turn on you and kill you, you don't sit there and try to find out if maybe some of the mice will use their powers for good.

I imagine the Kree view humans in much the same way.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:

If you are scientist doing experiments on mice, and that experiment causes one or two of the mice gain abilities and then turn on you and kill you, you don't sit there and try to find out if maybe some of the mice will use their powers for good.

I imagine the Kree view humans in much the same way.
He also said that the experiments were all widely thought to be failures. Only a few knew of the "successes" on Earth. He was part of a small group that knew this. He knew that a crystal had been activated and was there to stop whomever opened it before the wrong kind of Kree find out. (think about guardians of the galaxy, the main villian was a rogue Kree; the Kree empire was not involved).
tamusc
AG
In regards to who Mack and Mockingbird are working for/with, what makes sense for a tie in with Age of Ultron? Talbot/US Military? A Cap led group of former SHIELD agents? SWORD or some other SHIELD splinter/rival?

To me, it seems like they really want to get through a pretty major story arc before AoU drops, so that's why I started considering what would make the most sense in regards to tying into that.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I think the arc that will tie in with age of Ultron will be about Inhumans, since scarlet witch and quicksilver are likely inhumans. Whatever Mack and Mockingbird are up to, I doubt it plays a roll in AoU.

Unless... What if they're working for Stark? Maybe Fury's lockbox has some component Stark needs to get his Ultron Initiative off the ground? (If that even jives with how they're handling Ultron's origin. I've been avoiding all Avengers 2 news and spoilers like the plague.)
tamusc
AG
quote:
I think the arc that will tie in with age of Ultron will be about Inhumans, since scarlet witch and quicksilver are likely inhumans. Whatever Mack and Mockingbird are up to, I doubt it plays a roll in AoU.

Unless... What if they're working for Stark? Maybe Fury's lockbox has some component Stark needs to get his Ultron Initiative off the ground? (If that even jives with how they're handling Ultron's origin. I've been avoiding all Avengers 2 news and spoilers like the plague.)
I don't think the twins will be Inhumans based on the trailers, but of course it remains in the realm of possibility until we actually see the movie.

The Stark angle is interesting and could potentially tie in with a Cap led SHIELD group that becomes part of an Avengers organization. This would also tie into a little of what we saw at the end of Winter Soldier with Maria Hill interviewing at Stark.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.