Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

138,270 Views | 1988 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Grapesoda2525
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wait…the "I don't engage in trash talk" bit wasn't a joke?
eATMup-Reveille
tjack16 said:

Astros have now DOUBLED the amount of division titles than the rangers have

Astros - 14
Rangers - 7

I'm somewhat surprised at the 7. I would have guessed around 5.
tjack16
AG

Simplified version

ASTROS
- 2 WS Titles
- 5 Pennants
- 14 division titles
- 4 wild card
- 18 total playoff appearances

RANGERS
- 1 WS title
- 3 Pennants
- 7 division titles
- 2 wild card
- 9 total playoff appearances
Daddy-O5
AG
RED AG 98
AG
this dropped off my watchlist because it was dead for so long
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Nice team and season, Astros fans
South Platte
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Yep pretty impressive. Won't say congrats, and I hope they lose quickly, but that was a damn good turnaround. Much respect.
EaDoAg
AG
Remember that one year the Rangers actually showed a pulse and had this thread popping? Hopefully, within the next decade, they'll remain competitive beyond the All-Star Break so we can continue to enjoy the excitement once again.

tjack16
AG
South Platte said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Yep pretty impressive. Won't say congrats, and I hope they lose quickly, but that was a damn good turnaround. Much respect.

I'd rather lose quickly in the playoffs than not make it at all
GoAgs11
whoever trolled them over there got them all riled up bunch thin skinned small d*** Ranger fans. LMAO
Mathguy64
AG
Whoever made a sock to troll them on their thread is a tool.

You want to gloat here in the trash talking thread? Gloat. I'm not going to do that. It's kind of like kicking the fat kid in the bathroom in school. The first time you do it, it's fun. But doing it 8 years in a row it loses its entertainment value. It's just kicking the fat kid in school because you can and you know there is nothing they can do to stop you.

Now I must admit, getting a free shot in on the fat kid's chuggies every now and then does hold a small measure of satisfaction.

agproducer
AG
GoAgs11 said:

whoever trolled them over there got them all riled up bunch thin skinned small d*** Ranger fans. LMAO
Yeah, it was a jerk move to do that on their thread. Uncool overall.

Tip of the cap to Rangers fan. It's always fun to talk trash with you boys.
GoAgs11
Mathguy64 said:

You want to gloat here in the trash talking thread? Gloat. I'm not going to do that. It's kind of like kicking the fat kid in the bathroom in school. The first time you do it, it's fun. But doing it 8 years in a row it loses its entertainment value. It's just kicking the fat kid in school because you can and you know there is nothing they can do to stop you.

Now I must admit, getting a free shot in on the fat kid's chuggies every now and then does hold a small measure of satisfaction.

nah see how they really think they did fine

Quote:

DannyDuberstein
3:07a, 9/25/24

AG

Typical small dicked houston loser. The anchor fanbase of aggie sports. Always so obsessed with other teams, other programs, etc. Broken.
South Platte
tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Ya think?!?!

mscnhou
The Rangers need to perform better for them to be a rival. The stros have been on another level. In reality the stros own the AL West. One game in eight years is really all the ranger fan has.
tjack16
AG
South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Ya think?!?!

I'm just saying… I can see it now if the Astros get bumped before the World Series. Rangers fans will be vocal even though they didn't get invited to the party
cc10106
Prosperdick
AG
GoAgs11 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Quote:

DannyDuberstein

AG

Typical small dicked houston loser. The anchor fanbase of aggie sports. Always so obsessed with other teams, other programs, etc. Broken.

That Danny dude is a lunatic...he's convinced Houston fans are the reason Aggie football hasn't been competitive, it's insane.
West Roxbury
Baseball trash talk…. Whatever. SMH. Anyway. Go Astros!!!

First, as Aggies, we should be the first to acknowledge that bringing up history is a silly proposition. Yes, if it's all you got fine. But nobody today gives a **** about whether the Yankees were once dominant. What have you done for me lately!? Same thing with the Horns. Shut up t-sips.

I have rooted for the Astros for 50+ years. I am proud of my Astros and this team was a tough one to follow for most of the season. I'm just glad the window hasn't closed entirely.

cc10106
Arlington fans like to yap about the Astros and their fans, but most can't face the music here.

Saw one whining about the Astros in an Entertainment board thread about the Michigan assistant coach the other day. Free rent FTW.
GoAgs11
Prosperdick said:

GoAgs11 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Quote:

DannyDuberstein

AG

That Danny dude is a lunatic...he's convinced Houston fans are the reason Aggie football hasn't been competitive, it's insane.
yep him and Cmiller hiding behind a computer they are legit insane.
GoAgs11
Quote:

t's honestly pretty damn funny - the fanbase that seeks so much validation from other fanbases wins a title in a fashion that forever makes other fanbases not give them full credit for it.

It's a scarlet letter that they'll forever wear, and barring any actual run of titles, people will always remember them in that matter.

It's why they are so desperate to frame division titles and ALCS appearances as a "dynasty".h
holy **** these people are certifiable insane do Ranger fans realize their franchise is irrelevant literally no one cares about the WS you won it will be forgotten like a fart in the wind.

Enjoy the playoffs oh wait.
byfLuger41
AG
This guy sounds like a king size bag.

TO THE DROP ZONE!!!
EaDoAg
AG
GoAgs11 said:

Quote:

t's honestly pretty damn funny - the fanbase that seeks so much validation from other fanbases wins a title in a fashion that forever makes other fanbases not give them full credit for it.

It's a scarlet letter that they'll forever wear, and barring any actual run of titles, people will always remember them in that matter.

It's why they are so desperate to frame division titles and ALCS appearances as a "dynasty".h
holy **** these people are certifiable insane do Ranger fans realize their franchise is irrelevant literally no one cares about the WS you won it will be forgotten like a fart in the wind.

Enjoy the playoffs oh wait.

Next year won't be any better for them either. Destin to be a 3rd place team unless the A's keep the same momentum from this year and drop them to 4th. They got excited after one anomaly of a year, but they are back where they belong, being cellar dwellers since 2016.
Marvin
AG
South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Ya think?!?!

i laughed... and will keep this for a future response!
South Platte
This Oakland A's thing sucks.

Any thoughts on possibly seeing AJ Hinch in the WC? They are currently in a 30-11 stretch. I honestly can't name a single Tiger, but I do know that MLB needs more guys like Mickey Tettleton in the league. Make chaw great again.
jkag89
Detroit is the one team I don't want the Astros to see in the first round of the postseason. The Twins are done IMO so hopefully the Tigers are the 5 Seed and the Royals are the 6 Seed.

Hinch will win the AL Manager of the Year Award with KC's Matt Quatraro and the Astros Joe Espada being the runner ups.
Farmer1906
AG
jkag89 said:

Detroit is the one team I don't want the Astros to see in the first round of the postseason. The Twins are done IMO so hopefully the Tigers are the 5 Seed and the Royals are the 6 Seed.

Hinch will win the AL Manager of the Year Award with KC's Matt Quatraro and the Astros Joe Espada being the runner ups.
Stephen Vogt should probably win it.
tjack16
AG
South Platte said:

This Oakland A's thing sucks.

Any thoughts on possibly seeing AJ Hinch in the WC? They are currently in a 30-11 stretch. I honestly can't name a single Tiger, but I do know that MLB needs more guys like Mickey Tettleton in the league. Make chaw great again.

Not worried about Hinch.

I worry about Skubal
jkag89
Farmer1906 said:

jkag89 said:

Don't disagree, the A's have played good ball since the All-Star Break.
Farmer1906
AG
jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

jkag89 said:

That's Kotsay. Vogt is Cleveland.
jkag89
Farmer1906 said:

jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

jkag89 said:

That's Kotsay. Vogt is Cleveland.
D'oh
Ciboag96
Not a huge obscure MLB trivia guy, but just wondering how many teams playing their last game in a venue prior to relocating to a whole new city win that last game by beating the defending World Champion?

West Roxbury
I think the Rangers will bounce back and then some. I see a better year on the horizon for them. That said, as an Astros fan, I have to say that this division may be primed to otherwise get pretty weak. Seattle just can't seem to figure it out.
jkag89
Ciboag96 said:

Not a huge obscure MLB trivia guy, but just wondering how many teams playing their last game in a venue prior to relocating to a whole new city win that last game by beating the defending World Champion?
From my research this is the first time.

The Expos lost to the reigning WS Champs Florida Marlins in '04
The Milwaukee Braves lost to the Effin' Dodgers who would go on to win the Series in '65.
The Philadelphia Athletics lost to the reigning WS Champs, the Damn Yankees in '54

9/26/24 - The A's defeated the Texas Rangers 3-2 in final game at the Oakland Coliseum. The A's will play in Sacramento for two seasons while new stadium is being constructed in Las Vegas.

9/24/04 - The Expos lost to the Florida Marlins 9-1 in their final game at Olympic Stadium. (Washington Nats)

9/30/71 - The expansion Senators forfeited their final game at RFK Stadium 9-0 to the New York Yankees due to fans pouring onto the field with two outs in the top of the ninth with the Senators winning the game 7-5. (Texas Rangers)

10/02/69 - The Pilots lost to Oakland 3-1 in their final game at Sick's Stadium. At the time it was not known this would be the only season in Seattle. In the off season Frackin' Bud Selig purchased team. Well into Spring Training it was not known if the MLB would allow the move to Milwaukee for the '70 season or not. (Brewers)

9/27/67 - The Athletics took both games of a double header over the ChiSox 5-2 & 4-0 in their final contests at Kansas City Municipal Stadium,

9/22/65 - The Milwaukee Braves lost to the Effin' Dodgers 7-6 in 11 innings in their final game at County Stadium.

10/2/60 - The original Senators lost to the Orioles 2-1 in their final game at Griffith Stadium. (Minnesota Twins)

9/27/57 - The Giants lost to the Pirates 9-1 in their final game at the Polo Grounds

9/24/57 - The Dodgers defeated the Pirates 2-0 in their final game at Ebbets Field.

9/19/54 - The Philadelphia Athletics lost to the Damn Yankees 4-2 in their final game at Shibe Park.

9/27/53 - The St. Louis Browns lost to the ChiSox 2-1 in their final game at Sportsman's Park. (Baltimore Orioles)

9/21/52 - The Boston Braves lost the Dodgers 8-2 in their final game at Braves Field.

9/24/02 - The original Baltimore Orioles lost to Boston Americans (Red Sox) 9-5 at American League Park, The team folded/contracted to make way for an AL team in New York.

9/28/01 - The original Milwaukee Brewers lost both games of a double header to the Boston Americans (Red Sox) 8-3, 10-9 at the Lloyd Street Grounds. (St. Louis Browns)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.