Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

138,143 Views | 1988 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Grapesoda2525
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Rangers have finally discovered the solution to not losing.

Just don't play.

Bunch a Mensa level nasa nerds up there conning the ship.
Ciboag96
Winning feels so normal
Mathguy64
AG
Lost again. 39-47. Tied with Detroit. Worse than the freaking Nats.

Can you boys have some freaking self respect and pretend you want to defend your title?
gigem1223
Where was this update 2 nights ago?
Mathguy64
AG
gigem1223 said:

Where was this update 2 nights ago?
I thought you were tired of daily updates on your suckitude.

I mean if you want daily updates, I'm happy to oblige.

And by the way, in case you haven't looked at the standings (and by "you" I mean the plural "you" that covers most all Rangers fans who are all avoiding looking at the standings right now), Daddy is just 2 back of the Mariners for the top spot in the Division.

But back to your point, thanks for asking. Your request is being processed and I expect our crack team will be able to meet your needs.
gigem1223
This thread is so sad. You're beating your peen nightly to being above a lifeless World Series champion Rangers team and yet you're not even the in the playoffs. If nothing but for entertainment, I hope it heats up in the 2nd half.
Farmer1906
AG
Not as sad as being 7 out in July with postseason odds at a tiny 7.6%.

One hit wonder

Fluke

Happy accident

Luck

It's all over now.
gigem1223
Farmer1906 said:

One hit wonder

Fluke

Happy accident

Luck

It's all over now.

Ahh there he is, the fangraphs *****. How'd those playoff/ World Series % play out last season? For someone that seems to watch a decent amount of baseball, you sure do put a lot of stock in useless fangraphs *****
All I do is Nguyen
Ooooooh dis getting SPICY

Farmer1906
AG
gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

One hit wonder

Fluke

Happy accident

Luck

It's all over now.

Ahh there he is, the fangraphs *****. How'd those playoff/ World Series % play out last season? For someone that seems to watch a decent amount of baseball, you sure do put a lot of stock in useless fangraphs *****

Like all things in life, they aren't predetermined. There are odds and likelihoods to everything. Yall overcame the odds once… in your entire history. Call your shot. Is it happening again? How much faith do you have?
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin
AG
I trust the respectful Ranger fans will applaud all the All-Stars during the upcoming game... including the best second baseman in the American League on his way to the Hall of Fame.
Hornbeck
AG
"sEmIeN sHoUlD bE iN tHe AlL-sTaRs OvEr AlTuVe!!!!"
Mathguy64
AG
gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

One hit wonder

Fluke

Happy accident

Luck

It's all over now.

Arghh! Numbers and lines on paper! Probability! Simulations and projections!

Tell me without telling me you took 141 twice.
Hornbeck
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Tell me without telling me you took 141 twice.

Shots fired!
tjack16
AG
I'm staying out of the trash talk until the Astros clinch a playoff spot.

I will say though it's pretty wild that the Rangers offense has underperformed so much this year. It did seem like last year a lot of guys had career years… so maybe they've returned to the mean
Ciboag96
tjack16 said:

I'm staying out of the trash talk until the Astros clinch a playoff spot.

I will say though it's pretty wild that the Rangers offense has underperformed so much this year. It did seem like last year a lot of guys had career years… so maybe they've returned to the mean

Ran out of booger sugar I guess
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Ranger fans have gone from the top of the mountain to talking math smack in 9 months? At least you have Cowboys training camp starting soon.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Ranger fans have gone from the top of the mountain to talking math smack in 9 months? At least you have Cowboys training camp starting soon.
Life is better with a beagle
Mathguy64
AG
Because Rangers fans asked for it, you get it. I know this looks like I'm beating up the fat kid in Jr High, but remember he wanted daily updates so you get daily updates.

I may or may not have been imbibing some Kentucky brown water so it's a little hard to type with my opposable thumbs right now so I better get to this.

Without further ado, on America Day…

Daddy wins again, taking 3 of 4 in the land of poutine, maple syrup and the greatest 3 piece rock band to ever walk the Earth.

Meanwhile, little buddy up I-45 drops another heartbreaker to the Friars of Southern California.

If you are keeping track, that puts Daddy just 1.5 games back of Seattle, whose ball sack has pulled up into their belly. And that makes your Arlington Rangers the BEST 39-48 team in baseball.

Who is worse than Arlington you ask? The Chicago White Sox, the Disney Angels, a team with no home called the A's, and two really bad NL teams that nobody watches.

TLR? Rangers lost. Again. Like clockwork.
JPN06
Marvin said:

I trust the respectful Ranger fans will applaud all the All-Stars during the upcoming game... including the best second baseman in the American League on his way to the Hall of Fame.
Maybe Altuve and Roughned will be in the same HOF class.
fullback44
AG
Rangers are looking like pile of hot smoldering cat sheet
Farmer1906
AG
What's it like to be closer to last than first in a season where you're going for it?
Grapesoda2525
Farmer1906 said:

One hit wonder

Fluke

Happy accident

Luck

It's all over now.
You're always moving the goal posts. It's hard for either Astro or ranger fans to take you seriously. You were always the most vocal about the Astros being " our daddy", our team is a mess, and we will never figure it out.

Well….now that we have 1 championship to your teams 1 and a half you're reverting to calling us one hit wonders.

No matter what it will always be the low point with you.
MelvinUdall
Grapesoda2525 said:

Farmer1906 said:

One hit wonder

Fluke

Happy accident

Luck

It's all over now.
You're always moving the goal posts. It's hard for either Astro or ranger fans to take you seriously. You were always the most vocal about the Astros being " our daddy", our team is a mess, and we will never figure it out.

Well….now that we have 1 championship to your teams 1 and a half you're reverting to calling us one hit wonders.

Go smoke a blunt.
gigem1223
Farmer1906 said:

What's it like to be closer to last than first in a season where you're going for it?

You tell us.
All I do is Nguyen
Grapesoda2525 said:

Farmer1906 said:

One hit wonder

Fluke

Happy accident

Luck

It's all over now.

Heres the difference:

The Astros have been to 7 straight ALCS, 4 World Series and won 2. Discredit 2017 all you like, you can hopefully, now that your team has won it all, appreciate how difficult a run that it to achieve.

It's why there hasn't been a repeat WS champion since the Yankees did it back in what the 90s? Early 2000s?
Mathguy64
AG
Sorry I'm a little delayed tonight. I know you are sitting waiting for these nuggets. It took a while to unclinch from that 9th inning nail biting win against the Twins.

Great win for the Arlingtonians tonight. You are now the best 40-48 team in baseball!
Funky Winkerbean
AG
The reign is over before it started.
South Platte
You can tell just by looking at Hader that he's suffering from monkeypox.
Mr Gigem
AG
Houston peeps stay safe down there
fullback44
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

The reign is over before it started.

Wow… they bought a team now they want to let it go.. that's got to suck if your teams management just let all your pitchers go.. if I'm a Rangers fan I would not be too happy …. They basically just said F it, we did our thing we are about done
Hornbeck
AG
2023 Rangers = 1997 Marlins
Ciboag96

Daddy Altuve says you're welcome. Love that the Arlington Senators pimp it so shamelessly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.