Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Where high school did you attend and the best FB player from your high school.

135,115 Views | 926 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Jim Hogg is angry
saw em off
How long do you want to ignore this user?
West Orange-Stark

Kevin Smith
Earl Thomas
bigjag19
AG
Clear Brook

Anthony Hill I believe is our only draft pick. We had a guy bounce around a bit as a deep snapper.

Ben Emmanual played for a bit at SF. I think he had a pick on Carr, but really who didn't?

I don't think we have had a single football player at A&M.

Mike Northen would have made it if not for weed. Kicked out of OU his first week there as a K/P.

Ag_SGT
AG
Jim Thorpe, Carlisle High (PA)
AtlantaAg12
AG
Atlanta High School, Class of '08.

Phil Epps (Packers)
Derrick Blaylock (Chiefs) - backup to Priest Holmes for a few years, started while Priest was hurt
Dallas Washington (UArk) - made the Patriots preseason squad, but was cut

Baseball: Drew Stubbs - center fielder for the University of Texas, played for the Reds for a few years and now is the backup CF to Michael Bourn at Cleveland.

Also of note: Packers GM Ted Thompson is from Atlanta. We also played against Ryan Mallett (QB, Texarkana, TX/Texas High), LaMichael James (RB, Texarkana, TX/Liberty-Eylau), and Will Middlebrooks (QB/P, Texarkana/Liberty Eylau - now 3B with the Boston Red Sox) while I was in high school.
TexAgII
AG
Baytown Sterling

Rocky Bernard - A&M; Seahawks and now NYG.

Might have been Michael Hendricks (FSU). Started as a True Fish after injury to TE in front of him but hurt his knee and came back home to then have his life cut way too short.

"In the long run, we get no more than we have been willing to risk giving." Sheldon Kopp
TexAgII
AG
valvemonkey - add Brian Johnson and Lee put out 4 straight, starting D-1 QB's...they always took the best!! haha

"In the long run, we get no more than we have been willing to risk giving." Sheldon Kopp
dagwood13
AG
Lumberton High School

I graduated with Terence Kitchens - K - Texas A&M
THEH1Raider-98
AG
Atlanta AG 12! AHS C/O 94 Here!!!
heddy Lamarr
AG
Turd Ferguson
carl spacklers hat
Norm Evans
Swat 91
AG
St. Pius X - Houston

Gary Kubiak
Chris Harrington
coachallout
AG
Sealy High School

Eric Dickerson (SMU and pros)
Fred Smith (nowhere)
Ricky Seals-Jones (Texas A&M currently)
NE PA Ag
JF Dobie - Pasadena ISD

The best player post high school is Trevor Cobb, Rice running back that is second in SWC career rushing yardage to Darren Lewis. He played for the Bears with limited snaps for a couple of years after that.

The best player that I knew about from there while playing in high school was Lawrence Mitchell. He was a running back that started on varsity for three seasons (80, 81 and 82). His freshman year in high school he ran track and finished in the top 5 at the state meet in the 100. He was a pre-season high school all-American going into his senior year and listed on various national 100 recruiting lists in the college preview magazines. He was hurt some his senior year and didn't have quite the season he was predicted, but still got a scholarship to A&M. He apparently loved the ganja a little too much and was real lazy. Didn't pan out and left A&M after a year or so.
Endo Ag
AG
Mayde Creek...We put Don Brown into A&M...he was class of 98/99.

Best player was probably Curtis ***an...Won a National Champ ring with OU.
sc00ter1
AG
Johnny Manziel (Kerrville)
Houstonag
AG
LaMarque-Me
PineAg
Caldwell High School

Charlie Krueger - Texas A&M
Alfred Jackson - t.u.
Jim Hogg is angry
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.