Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Whoop Strap

28,862 Views | 356 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ragoo
JoeOlson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had a 19.7 day yesterday where I went to Discovery Cove with the family using a life jacket, snorkeling/lazy river and drinking. Part of it just it's my first few days using it and I expect it will start to normalize effort before too long, but the strain numbers are a bit tough to understand right now.

I'm assuming the walking and drinking (I rarely drink during the week) just elevated my HR enough that it thought I was working at a consistent level for a few hours
Ragoo
AG
Just check at 16.4 for the day and I haven't even done my workout for today. Yikes.
lazuras_dc
AG
Yeah it gets harder and harder to get bigger numbers as it calibrates and normalizes. Yes elevated HR and time as a function is what drives strain.
Ragoo
AG
When did you move to New Braunfels? I grew up in southbank.
Vernada
AG
Been here for 4 years now.
Ragoo
AG
Nice. Great spot to be.
Ragoo
AG
Also, you should go Ruck up Rosemary.
JoeOlson
AG
So I've found my sleep scores are typically fairly strong - 95+% efficiency, 7:40-8:00 hours usually, but my recovery scores have been trash. I just got the band so it's still doing a lot of calibrating, but any quick thoughts? Im assuming it's something like hydration, stress or over training but unsure
StringerBell
AG
My recovery scores got much better once I started taking in at least 64 oz of water a day
Vernada
AG
Ragoo said:

Also, you should go Ruck up Rosemary.
Ha! I have not done that, but I have rucked up Parkview (2 blocks over) a few times. My inlaws live there so I've rucked over there a handful of times.
JoeOlson
AG
Awesome, thank you!
Ragoo
AG
JoeOlson said:

So I've found my sleep scores are typically fairly strong - 95+% efficiency, 7:40-8:00 hours usually, but my recovery scores have been trash. I just got the band so it's still doing a lot of calibrating, but any quick thoughts? Im assuming it's something like hydration, stress or over training but unsure
i haven't changed much for sleep or excessive exercise. Yesterday was light work. But I was only 31% recovered this morning. The heck?
Vernada
AG
What did your deep sleep look like? If my Rem + SWS is low, I'll log a low recovery. And normally I do feel more sluggish.
Ragoo
AG
Not too bad.

Vernada
AG
I bey it's you total sleep. Whoop is probably telling you 8 or so hours is what is needed. Just a guess.
StringerBell
AG
Think recovery is based a lot on how your HRV is from day to day.

If it stays the same then hours likely in the high yellow. If it goes up then you're likely in the green.
lazuras_dc
AG
Definitely more based on HRV. I slept great last night. 8:30 Time in bed and 7:50 in total sleep. Felt pretty good waking up but my HRV was low from the 3 whiskeys I had with dinner. My recovery was 30%
JoeOlson
AG
Yeah, I think HRV is the big driver for sure. I slept 10 hours and I'm at 34% recovery. I figure I also just got the band so it's going to take some time to truly calibrate. It's a great motivator though to get after it
Post removed:
by user
lazuras_dc
AG
Sweet Jesus. I haven't slept until 10am since college. With kids now 8am is a rare sight.
Post removed:
by user
Ragoo
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Sweet Jesus. I haven't slept until 10am since college. With kids now 8am is a rare sight.
8? My kids are up 5:45-6 am everyday.
Post removed:
by user
lazuras_dc
AG
Ragoo said:

lazuras_dc said:

8? My kids are up 5:45-6 am everyday.

Look what time I'm posting at lol ! I said 8 is a RARE sight. Like if the kids are at the grand parents or if we're on vacation.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
My sleep refuses process this morning. Going on an hour+ without processing
singer10
AG
Same here. Just check whoop website and they're having a company wide issue with it currently. Says they've identified the problem with sleep processing and are working to fix it.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Yep, just saw that. Thought it was weird
Vernada
AG
My stuff is all processing, but I keep the message that Whoop can't connect to the server.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Ragoo said:

Not too bad.

I've only had the strap for five or six days...where do you find this screen?

Is it something that comes with later calibration?
DuckDown2013
AG
Go to menu, click your name, and then click on your sleep.
Vernada
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

Go to menu, click your name, and then click on your sleep.
to be a little more specific, you have to click on the number "hours of sleep" on the sleep performance screen.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Awesome, thanks.

I just joined the community and am almost at a week of wearing it so I'm still not understanding everything it's telling me.

My recovery has gone down the last three days from Saturday 49% to Sunday 40% to Monday 33% to 14% this morning. Can y'all shed some light on that?

I did work out Sunday at a 13.2 strain and my "sleeps" have been in the upper 70's%. Do you really just need to sleep the required amount even if it means going to bed at 8 to wake up at 5:15 the next morning?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions.
Ragoo
AG
bodaciousbood14 said:

Awesome, thanks.

I just joined the community and am almost at a week of wearing it so I'm still not understanding everything it's telling me.

My recovery has gone down the last three days from Saturday 49% to Sunday 40% to Monday 33% to 14% this morning. Can y'all shed some light on that?

I did work out Sunday at a 13.2 strain and my "sleeps" have been in the upper 70's%. Do you really just need to sleep the required amount even if it means going to bed at 8 to wake up at 5:15 the next morning?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions.
water and alcohol seem to be be drivers in recovery
DuckDown2013
AG
Yep! More Hours of sleep doesn't necessarily translate to being more recovered.
UpstateAg
AG
I'm about to an "Experiment" of sorts with sleep and IMF and how it influences RHR HRV, perceived exertion and recovery. Going to give it a month and compare. All that to say, whoop gives me the data I didn't think I wanted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.