Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Whoop Strap

28,869 Views | 356 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ragoo
Vernada
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone compared the HR monitoring to another device? When I was researching his, I came across a pretty lengthy review that basically concluded it was one of the worst HR monitors out there. (Compared to some other big names)
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I've worn it and my chest monitor while on our Peloton before and it was consistently within 0-2bpm difference for what that's worth.
wealeat09
AG
Vernada said:

Has anyone compared the HR monitoring to another device? When I was researching his, I came across a pretty lengthy review that basically concluded it was one of the worst HR monitors out there. (Compared to some other big names)
That guy's review was great with the detail, but I haven't seen anyone complain about the accuracy like he did. Everyone else says it's great.
K Bo
AG
My Whoop strap seems to be pretty well in line, in terms of measured HR, to my Garmin HRM-Run. I'll try to look at some info side by side today.
lazuras_dc
AG
Just compared my bpm on whoop to manually taking pulse for one minute- it was within 2bpm and that's probably more an effect of the inaccuracy of my own reading.
K Bo
AG
Just looked at 7 random points of data from my run this morning and the WHOOP was on average 1.2% / 1.71bpm lower than my Garmin HRM-Run chest strap. That's pretty dang impressive for a wrist-mount monitor, IMO.
Vernada
AG
Thanks for that.

K Bo
Vernada
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

Sent
I just used your code to sign up and give it a try.

If someone else would like a code, just let me know.
reproag
AG
Love mine
reproag
AG
Also started a TEXAGS team if you would like to join

TEAM CODE is COMM-OF976E
reproag
AG
Great podcast on how it works

https://talkingelitefitness.libsyn.com/fitness-with-friends-21-mike-lombardi
gcracker13
AG
So those of you that use this and run/ride how do you track your runs mid run? I typically use my Apple Watch but I would feel real silly wearing a Whoop strap and an Apple Watch. Do you just pull your phone out and look at it mid run?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Vernada
AG
Send me an email and I'll get you a code.

Vernada1999 Gmail
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Short answer is yes, you need WiFi or cellular connection to use it. Your app will not connect to the server without it and thus your functionality will be pretty limited.
Post removed:
by user
lazuras_dc
AG
I believe it needs to connect to their server to calculate strain and sleep stats. If it's just on blue tooth you can see your heart rate. But that's pretty useless for what you're paying for IMO
Post removed:
by user
OaklandAg06
AG
Well I went ahead and ordered one along with an arm band- looking forward to seeing how it does with burpees and other body weight calisthenics. I'll probably even give it a try in a BJJ class too at some point if the rona ever subsides to the point my gym can open back up.
lazuras_dc
AG
It should work with all of the above. My only suggestion would be you may try and put an ace bandage or self adhesive pre wrap over it for BJJ bc it does have some edges that could arch your opponent and make them not so happy
TitanAGGIE09
AG
They have a new impact arm band. That might be what's mentioned above

https://shop.whoop.com/collections/impact-sleeves/products/whoop-impact-series-upper-arm-sleeve?utm_source=members&utm_campaign=shopify-store&utm_medium=email&utm_content=impact-sleeve-back-in-stock-repeat-buyers&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJzY290dC5iLmhheXNAZ21haWwuY29tIiwgImtsX2NvbXBhbnlfaWQiOiAiUEFCbldLIn0%3D
lazuras_dc
AG
Anyone know why HRV is only tracked during sleep ?

Is there any significance to waking HRV?
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Don't think it'd be overly accurate during the day. Too many variables. Reason they measure it at night is because it's a controlled setting.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Double post
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I tried to join. When I search name or submit the code I'm not getting any team results. Anyone else have luck?
girlgolfer12
Same here.
UpstateAg
AG
The sleep data is interesting and crazy. So many disturbances.
Vernada
AG
mine comes in tomorrow. excited to get logging.
BryanAggie2013
AG
Trying to decide if I want to try this out.

I have an Apple Watch, and I think I would miss all of the smart watch capabilities if I replaced it with this on my wrist. And I don't know that I want to have something on both wrists. Are the arm bands also designed to be worn 24/7? Just trying to decide if there is a way to get the best of both worlds.
K Bo
AG
Yep, designed to be worn 24/7. I wear a watch on my left wrist (during the day) and the Whoop strap on my right. I've only had it for almost two weeks, but I hardly even notice it's there.
wealeat09
AG
I got mine today. One thing I'm curious about is just checking your heart rate easily.

Is the only way to do it through the strap settings section?

I was able to sync it to Cyclemeter, my app of choice for cycling tracking, but it'd be nice if it just showed up in the Health app.
K Bo
AG
Or by selecting Strain Coach. I also wish there was an easier way to check HR.
wealeat09
AG
K Bo said:

Or by selecting Strain Coach. I also wish there was an easier way to check HR.
Since this thing is really just a glorified heart rate monitor, you'd think they'd put it front and center.

Maybe something shows up her later but it would be so simple to put the number where the W is.

This thing has some weird quirks that I'm sure I'll get used to but I find it very strange that your current heart rate is hidden for the most part.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.