Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Whoop Strap

28,635 Views | 356 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ragoo
girlgolfer12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone have experience with this? Thinking about getting one.
Hoosegow
Never heard of but looks interesting.
Class of '94
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I've had one for almost a year. I really like it. Far better than any Fitbit type device I had before.
selk
AG
I have one. Pretty cool. Like how it tracks sleep as well as daily output.
bam02
AG
I have a physician friend who loves it. She was all geeked up about it.
Trucker 96
Pretty sure my dad had one when i was a kid
TitanAGGIE09
AG
The sleep tracking may be the best feature. Huge insight how food, alcohol and phone use prior to bed affect your sleep in real time. It easily added 30min to my nightly sleep average within 2 months by just being aware of it and not playing in my phone in bed. I've been wearing one basically 24/7 since August. Strap is also pretty comfortable to sleep in as well vs the thicker rubber straps others have
Article 58-10 Offender
if you wear one as an underclassman, you have to push.
LOYAL AG
AG
Thanks for bringing this up. I hadn't heard of it but I'm getting one. I'm 50 and sleep is a challenge for me between a brain that doesn't shut down, snoring bad enough I'm contemplating a tonsillectomy and just the effects of being 50. Combine that with the 50-100 miles a week I spend on a bike and now I'm adding in 2-3 workouts a week to get ready for next years Murph Challenge. I like the idea of having something like this to help me know I'm doing the most I can without doing too much.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
If anyone wants a code PM me. You get some money off and free months. I originally bought one because of Rory and Justin Thomas talking about golfing in theirs and now Joe Rogan is huge on them. They all do the sober October challenge as well and wear them, but Rogan has kept his for awhile
aggiebrad94
AG
From the marketing....
Quote:

A WHOOP membership brings you closer to unlocking your human potential.
That's a pretty high standard they're setting.
girlgolfer12
Thanks for all the replies! Got mine today. Pretty excited!
selk
AG
I am scared to try it, but for those of yall that have one do shower, swim, etc with it on?
AggieOO
aggiebrad94 said:

From the marketing....
Quote:

A WHOOP membership brings you closer to unlocking your human potential.
That's a pretty high standard they're setting.
meh, it just says it brings your closer to unlocking. doesn't say anything about actually unlocking potential. Or how much closer it brings you.

That's straight up marketing fluff.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I do not really ever take mine off. I open the clasp which loosens it when I shower and wipe it off, but that's it. The tracker is water proof so no issues and the band dries quickly
singer10
AG
What do you think of it so far?
girlgolfer12
Enjoying it so far. There's a lot to understand. Very interested to see what I learn. I think I need to try it for a couple of weeks to give an honest assessment.
lazuras_dc
AG
I'm pretty interested in this. Does it give sleep statistics ? Like estimated amounts of deep sleep/wake/rem? I almost pulled the trigger on a oura ring. This seems like it would be helpful in other aspects other than just sleep.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
It does and results are supposed to be about as accurate as you can get in this type of tracker. The big thing with this is strain and recovery not steps. Having it for 9mos now I can almost guess my recovery % as its running the data after I wake up by how I feel now. Usually if I'm surprised it's telling me I am more recovered and ready for higher exertion than I think I feel which is usually a nice boost to your mindset. You don't even get access to the full reports until 30 continuous days of data so it takes awhile to see the pattern and changes. They just added respiratory rate tracking at night as well with the latest update. They had been working on it for awhile and pushed it out due to covid.
lazuras_dc
AG
Covid tracking and notes seems kind of gimmicky to me.

But I think I'm sold on it.
selk
AG
Yes it tracks everything time in bed, light sleep, awake, REM, disturbances, etc
lazuras_dc
AG
Just ordered it!!
TitanAGGIE09
AG
From their release email they were already long working on respiratory rate they just released it earlier than they planned with the update. they've updated it a few times since
LOYAL AG
AG
Got one yesterday. The diary from the prior evening before bed was interesting to me. I'm anxious to see the info that yields. But what I'm really impressed with is that I went for a bike ride today. I didn't think to tell the app I was doing it and when I got home I couldn't figure out how to enter it. Then about 30 minutes later it said it had detected a ride and showed me the info it had from it. How does it do that? How does it know?
RockOn
No thanks - I already know I just need to run more.
culdeus
AG
Why a subscription for this?
TitanAGGIE09
AG
They do a subscription and the strap is "free". Obviously it's not free but that's their angle. It's on the higher end of these type of fitness trackers, but I feel like everyone one of them I've had craps out after 18mos anyway so this isn't really that much more. Given then fact it's more comfortable and completely water proof it's by far my favorite so far.
Vernada
AG
Does it track anything like miles or pace?
LOYAL AG
AG
Vernada said:

Does it track anything like miles or pace?
No. Below is a screenshot of a 22 mile ride I took today. All it shows you after a workout is what it considers the level of strain the workout put on your body. Length, calories burned, Avg heart rate and Max HR. It shows your heart rate during the workout as a line graph too. Guess where I got stopped for a train in the today's ride! It's really not about the workout itself but rather the impact of the workout on your body.

Vernada
AG
So do you wear it on one wrist and a gps watch on another?
Vernada
AG
FYI - I think it looks super cool. But at that price point, it'd be nice if it did everything.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
It will track distances with GPS.

>strain coach
>start activity
>make sure to slide over the selector for track route

This only shows up on the activities that result in distances that can be tracked. I.e. if you're weightlifting there's no selector for tracking
Vernada
AG
Ok - I see. It uses your phone GPS. Hmm tempting.

lazuras_dc
AG
Is there a way to see average heart rate of sleep? I see the graph but a hard # would be nice. Trying to see how much having a drink or two affects my sleep. Seems like disturbances, efficiency and time, etc. were all comparable.
LOYAL AG
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

It will track distances with GPS.

>strain coach
>start activity
>make sure to slide over the selector for track route

This only shows up on the activities that result in distances that can be tracked. I.e. if you're weightlifting there's no selector for tracking

That's good to know. I haven't been telling it I was going for a ride before i started but rather just letting it come back and tell me it found a ride. I'll start doing that.

Thanks!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.