Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Whoop Strap

28,856 Views | 356 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ragoo
lazuras_dc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This weekend showed me that 3 drinks (especially after 6pm) destroy my recovery. Also carb heavy meals and sleeping in a different bed (at the in laws ) probably did not help either.

Normally if I have a drink or two with an early (530pm) dinner it doesn't seem to affect me much. But the third seems to be the tipping point also timing affects it.
Ragoo
AG
My recovery was 37% last night.

Had a beer on the lake.
Chicken and risotto for dinner, beer.
Night cap gin and tonic.
lazuras_dc
AG
Wore my charger into the shower and it's not working anymore. Anyone know if they replace for free ? I see they sell extras for $50 but I'm not really wanting to spend more.
I sent them an email but they are usually slow at responding.
singer10
AG
Probably won't replace it for free since you got it wet and they say from the beginning not to get the charger wet.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Can't imagine they'll replace it either, but I will say this. I did the same thing, but I did realize it super fast so I don't think it was too saturated. I left it on counter for about a week without touching it and it started holding a charge again. If my strap was drained it would only charge to about 70-75% but it's still working a year later. I'd just order another and then try this one in a bit and see.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Count me in. I just ordered a Whoop Strap online using Strings code. I'm a novice tennis player and a slow runner who has put on some weight during this COVID time. I realize that's not a good excuse, but oh well. Any tips on getting started would be appreciated.
AgCMT
AG
I've just started working out again as well and am about to pull the trigger on this bad boy after reading this thread.

What is the price structure? It's not very clear on the website. There's a $30 off when you go to the website.

Feel free to PM me your code as well.

Thanks!
StringerBell
AG
Basically 30 dollars a month and a 6 month commitment. If you use a referral code then you get your first month free. The longer you commit the cheaper the monthly fee is.

If no one else sends you their code feel free to use mine Get a free WHOOP strap and your first month free when you join with my link: https://join.whoop.com/#/99ADD4
Ragoo
AG
Get a free WHOOP strap and your first month free when you join with my link: https://join.whoop.com/#/20AECB
JoeOlson
AG
Just grabbed one for my wife. She's currently 7 months pregnant and she's noticed her HR has been pretty high + sleep is so hit or miss. Going to be super interesting to see her data and how that changes post pregnancy.

In general, I don't see it as a must-have life changing device, but if you enjoy the data and it keeps you accountable (I know it does for me), it's absolutely worth it.
Mollie03
AG
I am one week in with the Whoop. It's interesting data and I think will keep me accountable. My recovery score hovering in the 40-50 range. Not sure I'm ever going to hit the green.
StringerBell
AG
You drinking enough water?
Mollie03
AG
No, trying to get that up higher though. Does it make big difference?
StringerBell
AG
it did for me. when im properly hydrated i see a huge jump up...in fact i get surprised if im drink at least 96 OZ and am not in the green.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I drink 128-150oz of water daily and still end up in the yellow majority of time lol.
Ragoo
AG
I have intentionally done nothing the last 2 days to keep my daily strain low. I've tried to sleep more but my recovery number has gone down. The heck?
StringerBell
AG
Are you drinking alcohol at all?

Even just one drink messes up my recovery.
Ragoo
AG
StringerBell said:

Are you drinking alcohol at all?

Even just one drink messes up my recovery.
yeah. Damn.
StringerBell
AG
That might be it. I can have a beer and be in the green as long as I chase it with a ton of water.

Last night I had two bourbons and I'm in the yellow.
Ragoo
AG
Had a beer and a small glass of wine. Probably already dehydrated though.
Post removed:
by user
Mollie03
AG
Hit high recovery score two days in a row. Not really sure what was the difference. Got good sleep, slightly more water than normal.
htxag09
AG
Don't have one so don't really know how it works, can you look up people to "friend" them? Appears the Tour de France team education first wears whoop straps. Would be really interesting to follow their data. I love looking through their daily strava stats.
JoeOlson
AG
htxag09 said:

Don't have one so don't really know how it works, can you look up people to "friend" them? Appears the Tour de France team education first wears whoop straps. Would be really interesting to follow their data. I love looking through their daily strava stats.
It basically breaks you into groups. There's a TexAgs group for example, but it's not really set up in friends/feed like Strava.
gcracker13
AG
I'm getting one as I ramp up the marathon training. Here's another code for a free month if anyone else is on the fence

Get a free WHOOP strap and your first month free when you join with my link: https://join.whoop.com/#/F4B811
AgCMT
AG
I opted for the Garmin 945 this time. Since I just started back up, I think I'll get more bang for my buck with the watch for now.

I love the data, so I'm sure I'll end up with one of these in the future.
Vernada
AG
Just for a data point, I had my first alcohol last night since early July.

Woke up Green today.

Of course, that was about 20ml of NyQuil so maybe not so useful.

However, I'm currently fighting a sinus infection, and pretty surprised that I'm at 67% today and 87% yesterday.
Ragoo
AG
I ran 7.5 miles last night
Slept less than 6 hours
Had no alcohol
Woke up at 52% recovered

Versus my 19-25% the previous couple of nights having two drinks.
Vernada
AG
the lowest I've managed since I got this was a 47% - but like I say, I have not had a drink since early July.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Alright I got my Whoop Strap! We should start a cigar pass or some sort of contest for who has the best strain score each month.
StringerBell
AG
did a juice cleanse yesterday (wife bought it for me so i decided to hop in). nothing but juice all day. moderate strain day (11.7) --nothing too crazy.

woke up to 96% recovery. highest ive had in a long time.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Have any of y'all had random times where your strap has detected activity (elevated HR) for a period of time when you were doing nothing?

Just checked my heart rate on a whim and it was over 170 on the strap. Manually checked my pulse at my neck and I was just over 80 bpm.

Am I misinterpreting something or is something wrong with the strap?

This has happened three times now and while I'm certainly not at professional athlete fitness levels, I'm also not someone who gets out of breath sitting at my desk at work.

Anything helps.
StringerBell
AG
I'd reach out to customer service. That sounds like an equipment issue.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Never had that happen either, but have you rebooted your strap?
JoeOlson
AG
For your sake, I definitely hope it's a strap issue! Just in case, have you gone to your doctor recently? Never know if there's something going out of nowhere.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.