Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Whoop Strap

28,874 Views | 356 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ragoo
TitanAGGIE09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm on roughly day 8 or 9 of a streak of red and yellow recoveries. Ever since I woke up with that crazy 1% recovery and followed it up with a a day off 9hr sleep and 30% recovery I haven't bounced back much. I've taken 3 days off during this period and my last performance weekly report my sleep was 21% above normal. Other than 48hrs of fatigue I never had any sickness symptoms. Who knows...
Vernada
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

I'm on roughly day 8 or 9 of a streak of red and yellow recoveries. Ever since I woke up with that crazy 1% recovery and followed it up with a a day off 9hr sleep and 30% recovery I haven't bounced back much. I've taken 3 days off during this period and my last performance weekly report my sleep was 21% above normal. Other than 48hrs of fatigue I never had any sickness symptoms. Who knows...
Is your HRV/RHR doing anything weird?
TitanAGGIE09
AG
HRV was down and RHR went up for 3 days then right back down to mid 50s but recovery stayed down during all that fluctuation. Respiratory rate also went up for 2 days into the Upper 15s then fell back into the 13.3-13.7 range it's always in.
wealeat09
AG
Sounds like you might have been battling something but didn't really have symptoms.
Post removed:
by user
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Could be.. I've been fairly tired in the evenings which is unusual. Wake up fine every morning though
lazuras_dc
AG
That would be crazy. I think you should go Get a Swab stuck up your nose now to confirm our theory.
lazuras_dc
AG
I'm still kind of at a loss at this. I love seeing the metrics... but for example

Monday I had a normal day of work night I had like 3-4 drinks for a friends bday went to bed at 1130pm and wokeup at 650am and was at 90% recovery with 92 HRV.

Yesterday I did a light workout, no alcohol and slept from 10p-7a and had 72hrv and 59% recovery. Very odd.

Still haven't found a consistent logical reason to increase my HRV or have better recovery. Seems like alcohol helps- nights I have an early drink or two before dinner I seem to "recover" best but that can't be that good.

And I feel equally rested both days.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I'm still cruising along in the yellow. Ended a quick vacation 15-19, came back to gym and was in green 2 days, then bam something happened and I've stayed low ever since.

TitanAGGIE09
AG
This was the week leading up to all that. Sleep performance during all this was 91%, 89%, 91% and 87%. Usually hang out in the 81-85% so that hasn't dipped.

Vernada
AG
So I just realized whoop doesn't have "yard work" as a listed activity. With how large their list is that caught me by surprise.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ok, I am in.
lazuras_dc
AG
Join the group, guitarsoup!

Anyone ever had 100% recovery? I got 98% right now, think that's the highest I've been- I had a stressful day, didn't work out, and had popeyes for dinner last night and HRV is as high as its ever been. lol
Seven Costanza
AG
I may have missed it, but have any of you tried the Oura Ring for sleep tracking?
Vernada
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Join the group, guitarsoup!

Anyone ever had 100% recovery? I got 98% right now, think that's the highest I've been- I had a stressful day, didn't work out, and had popeyes for dinner last night and HRV is as high as its ever been. lol
I've had one 98% and a 96%.
lazuras_dc
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I may have missed it, but have any of you tried the Oura Ring for sleep tracking?

Haven't tried it but was very close. The one time initial cost ended up dissuading me because I wasn't sure if I'd use it long term. But after seeing metrics in whoop and enjoying following it, it seems like the oura is probably more technical and has a more robust platform so probably worth it since after a year the whoop and oura cost the same.

Seems like whoop strap has the added bonus of the strain stats and the social community for motivation/competition.
LOYAL AG
AG
For those of you wearing this thing 24/7 have you taken it off at any point to look at your skin? I just took mine off after almost three months and I've got a couple of red spots that looks like they are from getting wet in the shower and just not drying timely. Think I'll stop wearing it in the shower just so it doesn't get went anymore.
Vernada
AG
If I do two showers in a day many times in a row, it stays too wet for too long and I find myself needing to take it off for a bit.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I noticed after awhile my skin looking a little off under it. I was wearing it 24/7 and literally never taking it off. This went on for probably 8-9mos. I Would just slid it when wet and clean my skin etc and pat it with towel. Few months ago I started swapping it at night when I shower and sleeping with it on my left arm and I swap it back to my right arm when I shower in morning. That's pretty much ended any concern. Also, if you unclasp it and squeeze it in a towel it dries quick.
DuckDown2013
AG
For what it's worth, I haven't had any issues and I never take mine off.
StringerBell
AG
Just got mine

What's the code for the group?
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Name - TexAgs
Code - COMM-C9B4B9
JoeOlson
AG
For those who have a strap, do you also wear an Apple Watch?
lazuras_dc
AG
I do not
DuckDown2013
AG
JoeOlson said:

For those who have a strap, do you also wear an Apple Watch?

Yes
JoeOlson
AG
Any issues/discomfort? About to pull the trigger as well if anyone has a coupon/referral code
StringerBell
AG
I've had mine for about 10 days now and haven't noticed any discomfort. I don't even notice it's on anymore.

Referral code: Get a free WHOOP strap and your first month free when you join with my link: https://join.whoop.com/#/99ADD4
Ragoo
AG
Would this replace a Garmin chest strap during workouts?
Ragoo
AG
Vernada said:

93%.

Today was 6miles for 10.4.

75% Friday

96% Thursday

Friday was 4 miles for 10.9
Thursday was 4 miles a for 10.6
are you tucking at the same time everyday? Air temp and humidity play a big role in stress during activity.
Ragoo
AG
StringerBell said:

I've had mine for about 10 days now and haven't noticed any discomfort. I don't even notice it's on anymore.

Referral code: Get a free WHOOP strap and your first month free when you join with my link: https://join.whoop.com/#/99ADD4
stringer I used your code
StringerBell
AG
Thanks man
DuckDown2013
AG
JoeOlson said:

Any issues/discomfort? About to pull the trigger as well if anyone has a coupon/referral code

I wear watch on left wrist and whoop on my right. Don't mind it at all.
DuckDown2013
AG
Ragoo said:

Yep! I used to wear a my one strap and prefer the whoop strap on my wrist versus the chest strap and it's not close. The whoop is also more of a full picture and tracks much more than workouts.
Vernada
AG
JoeOlson said:

It took a little bit to get use to since I wear it on right wrist and haven't worn anything there before. But now - don't really notice it.

If you have used a code yet:

Get a free WHOOP strap and your first month free when you join with my link: https://join.whoop.com/#/EB56DC
htxag09
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

Ragoo said:

Yep! I used to wear a my one strap and prefer the whoop strap on my wrist versus the chest strap and it's not close. The whoop is also more of a full picture and tracks much more than workouts.

Does it sync to garmin as a sensor/accessory to display on your watch while running? The strap itself doesn't have any kind of display, correct?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.