Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Whoop Strap

28,837 Views | 356 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ragoo
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Someone join with my code?
Vernada
AG
Well I decided to cancel.

I realized that even though I love the data, I don't really do enough with it to justify the $30/mo price tag.

I know that drinking kills my recovery. I'm doing pretty much the same workouts no matter what my recovery is... the only thing I did sometimes was workout a little longer to hit a strain #.

But, for where I am in life, I just don't take advantage of any of the insights/data and just view it is as 'something cool.'
K Bo
AG
Same
Ragoo
AG
I won't renew when my year is up. I like the data but I like seeing it. I don't do anything with it other than understand why I feel like **** in the morning.

Haven't had a drop of alcohol all month and in a normal week my recovery/sleep is non the different.

Granted my recovery is relative to the performance level I am trying to hit. Example: I try and peak perform on a Wednesday because it is long run day. I usually have high teen recovery percentage because my normal might of sleep isn't optimal for peak performance.
lazuras_dc
AG
Stopped wearing after my charger got water damage. Wont renew when my year is up. It was cool to see the data for a little while but I pretty much feel like I have a grasp on things.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I've been tossing the idea too. I'm 1.5yrs in, but the biggest benefit to me is as my baselines continues toclimb it has psychologically forced me to work out harder as well which I personally appreciate.
KY AG
AG
Maybe the wrong thread to ask this question, but I'm hopeful other WHOOP owners have had the same issue.

Started Keto a few weeks ago - which has been great - except that my HRV has plummeted and remains low. Was averaging around 95ms before Keto, now I'm averaging around 50ms.

Any pro-tips to improve HRV (and ultimately recovery) while staying in ketosis?
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

I won't renew when my year is up. I like the data but I like seeing it. I don't do anything with it other than understand why I feel like **** in the morning.

Haven't had a drop of alcohol all month and in a normal week my recovery/sleep is non the different.

Granted my recovery is relative to the performance level I am trying to hit. Example: I try and peak perform on a Wednesday because it is long run day. I usually have high teen recovery percentage because my normal might of sleep isn't optimal for peak performance.
update: officially cancelled and took it off yesterday. Randomly disconnects from my phone and takes hours to reconnect. After wearing it everyday for the last 7 months it finally got annoying and it was applying pressure to my wrist weird. The strap began to stretch and would have to remove and tighten everyday at least. And wasn't getting any real benefit.

So I will stop dominating the leader board.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.