Any Tesla Model 3 or Y owners on here?

175,259 Views | 1365 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by hph6203
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
07ag said:

Guitarsoup said:

Oh fun.

Went into service and it was at 12.3v. going to go ahead and take the Landcruiser to pickup the battery.

Next available mobile repair to replace it is Sept 23rd.


pretty sure for that you can just drive to service center and have it replaced, you don't need an appointment

Yeah, I was worried that my car would brick on the drive over, though. So I drove there in my LC and bought the battery ($150, no core charge) and took it home to DIY.

My LC's A/C is not really able to keep up with this Houston heat.
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Test drove the Model Y today in preparation for buying mine very soon. Had no idea I could download the Tesla app, book a time to show up at the Homewood Suites by Hilton on University Dr, and just get on in and take off in one for two hours with nobody even there. All I had to do was upload my driver's license and take a selfie and that was it.

That blew me away as did the test drive itself. Typed in Gringo's for destination, set it to FSD, and it just took me right there flawlessly. There happened to be a wreck on highway 6 that caused about a 10 minute traffic slow down getting over to one lane and it navigated all that just right. Then when I got to Gringo's it found one of only a couple available parking spots and just backed right on into it perfectly.

Something was wrong with the Tesla charger at the pick up spot though (I think). When I picked up the car it had 16% battery. The app advised to take it to the charger and sit there for 20 minutes. I had it plugged in and the Tesla logo was green but we sat there about 15 minutes and the battery level never went up. I would assume that station is a super charger.

So when we made it back to drop off we were only at 4% left which seemed like cutting it close. When I got in my Infiniti to drive home it felt so weird. At one point I got to a stop sign and just sat there for like 5 seconds until I thought oh yeah, I have to drive now.

Can't freaking wait to get mine.
Medaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tesla Makes buying, repairs, and test drive a breeze. I do not know of anyone who has a Tsla who doesn't buy another or traded it in.

I am only on FSD when I really need to speed or take a different mapping route. Then I am right back on FSD.
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Medaggie said:

Tesla Makes buying, repairs, and test drive a breeze. I do not know of anyone who has a Tsla who doesn't buy another or traded it in.

I am only OFF FSD when I really need to speed or take a different mapping route. Then I am right back on FSD.


FiFY

Mine speeds enough on MadMax and some gentle accelerate presses to encourage it to go a little faster occasionally.

I don't think I could go to a non Tesla after only 3 months of ownership of my Model X. I will miss the power doors on my next Tesla.
Medaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for the fix

I have been on madmax but too fast/aggressive for daily driving. I am on hurry most of the time. If I want Madmax, I want to be in full control which probably is just better to let it do its thing.

We have a Y and an X. There are things you really never need but miss when you don't have it. Power doors prob on the bottom of my list.

If Tesla stops making cars I will need to have

1.FSD or something similar. How are other car makers so behind?
2. Cabin temp control
3. Sentry mode
4. No buttons - Yes, people love their buttons but drive a Tesla for a few months and you will hate buttons. Tesla screen is fast and intuitive. Most can be controlled with voice.
5. Grok or some AI
6. No keys/fob
agracer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Medaggie said:

Thanks for the fix

I have been on madmax but too fast/aggressive for daily driving. I am on hurry most of the time. If I want Madmax, I want to be in full control which probably is just better to let it do its thing.

We have a Y and an X. There are things you really never need but miss when you don't have it. Power doors prob on the bottom of my list.

If Tesla stops making cars I will need to have

1.FSD or something similar. How are other car makers so behind?
2. Cabin temp control
3. Sentry mode
4. No buttons - Yes, people love their buttons but drive a Tesla for a few months and you will hate buttons. Tesla screen is fast and intuitive. Most can be controlled with voice.
5. Grok or some AI
6. No keys/fob

And yet, every manufacturer is going back to physical buttons for a lot of functions because the lack of them for a lot of functions was just stupid, not to mention dangerous to take your eyes off the road to do some simple stuff. I have the 12" screen on my Ram, but 99% of what I need can be done with buttons on the steering wheel front and back with out having to take my eyes off the road.

I test drove a model 3 five years ago and I had to go 3 levels deep into the touch screen to get the windshield washer to come on to clean the windshield. I sure that's finally changed, but it was still just next level dumb at the time. I actually pulled into a parking lot trying to figure out which stalk, button, whatever would get them to come on, and finally had to google it and yup, it was in the touch screen menu. IIRC, when I asked on this site someone pointed out you could make one of the thumb wheel's on the center of the steering wheel function as the wiper/washer, but it did not default to that.
LOYAL AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Medaggie said:

Thanks for the fix

I have been on madmax but too fast/aggressive for daily driving. I am on hurry most of the time. If I want Madmax, I want to be in full control which probably is just better to let it do its thing.

We have a Y and an X. There are things you really never need but miss when you don't have it. Power doors prob on the bottom of my list.

If Tesla stops making cars I will need to have

1.FSD or something similar. How are other car makers so behind?
2. Cabin temp control
3. Sentry mode
4. No buttons - Yes, people love their buttons but drive a Tesla for a few months and you will hate buttons. Tesla screen is fast and intuitive. Most can be controlled with voice.
5. Grok or some AI
6. No keys/fob


1. They're behind because they aren't committed to it. They're car makers, not tech companies. Tesla is a tech company that makes cars. Simply a different mindset. What they're all touting today isn't substantially better than what was on my 2019 Hyundai Veloster which had Adaptive Cruise and Lane Keep Assist. Watching them brag about what they can do is like watching a small local bank brag about mobile deposit. Welcome to a decade ago. Meanwhile FSD has improved more in the 22 months I've owned my Y than their offerings have in the 7 years since that Hyundai was built.
3. Haven't done much with this but I do appreciate that it's keeping track of everyone.
4/5 the continued integration of Grok is going to further separate Tesla from everyone else. It's already the most advanced car in the world, now it's just showing off.
6. I laugh at myself because I leave my wallet behind regularly because it's not with a key fob I no longer have. My phone as my key was something I'd wanted for years. Now I have that and my wedding ring as a backup.

I told Mrs LOYAL AG recently that I wasn't sure I'd ever own a car that isn't a Tesla. If I did i might as well get a C2 Corvette. It'll feel the same and a C2 is WAY cooler than anything else on the road. Truth is all cars not called Tesla are closer to their 1970 counterpart than they are to Tesla when it comes to technology.
"The goal of socialism is communism." - Vladimir Lenin
LOYAL AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agracer said:

Medaggie said:

Thanks for the fix

I have been on madmax but too fast/aggressive for daily driving. I am on hurry most of the time. If I want Madmax, I want to be in full control which probably is just better to let it do its thing.

We have a Y and an X. There are things you really never need but miss when you don't have it. Power doors prob on the bottom of my list.

If Tesla stops making cars I will need to have

1.FSD or something similar. How are other car makers so behind?
2. Cabin temp control
3. Sentry mode
4. No buttons - Yes, people love their buttons but drive a Tesla for a few months and you will hate buttons. Tesla screen is fast and intuitive. Most can be controlled with voice.
5. Grok or some AI
6. No keys/fob

And yet, every manufacturer is going back to physical buttons for a lot of functions because the lack of them for a lot of functions was just stupid, not to mention dangerous to take your eyes off the road to do some simple stuff. I have the 12" screen on my Ram, but 99% of what I need can be done with buttons on the steering wheel front and back with out having to take my eyes off the road.

I test drove a model 3 five years ago and I had to go 3 levels deep into the touch screen to get the windshield washer to come on to clean the windshield. I sure that's finally changed, but it was still just next level dumb at the time. I actually pulled into a parking lot trying to figure out which stalk, button, whatever would get them to come on, and finally had to google it and yup, it was in the touch screen menu. IIRC, when I asked on this site someone pointed out you could make one of the thumb wheel's on the center of the steering wheel function as the wiper/washer, but it did not default to that.


We're rapidly approaching or at the point where you just tell Grok to do anything you want done in the car. Five years in Tesla development is an eternity. Nothing is as it was five years ago. Scariest thing right now is how far behind my 2025 will be by 2030. Like I just said all other cars are closer to their 1970 models than they are to Tesla.
"The goal of socialism is communism." - Vladimir Lenin
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agracer said:

Medaggie said:

Thanks for the fix

I have been on madmax but too fast/aggressive for daily driving. I am on hurry most of the time. If I want Madmax, I want to be in full control which probably is just better to let it do its thing.

We have a Y and an X. There are things you really never need but miss when you don't have it. Power doors prob on the bottom of my list.

If Tesla stops making cars I will need to have

1.FSD or something similar. How are other car makers so behind?
2. Cabin temp control
3. Sentry mode
4. No buttons - Yes, people love their buttons but drive a Tesla for a few months and you will hate buttons. Tesla screen is fast and intuitive. Most can be controlled with voice.
5. Grok or some AI
6. No keys/fob

And yet, every manufacturer is going back to physical buttons for a lot of functions because the lack of them for a lot of functions was just stupid, not to mention dangerous to take your eyes off the road to do some simple stuff. I have the 12" screen on my Ram, but 99% of what I need can be done with buttons on the steering wheel front and back with out having to take my eyes off the road.

I test drove a model 3 five years ago and I had to go 3 levels deep into the touch screen to get the windshield washer to come on to clean the windshield. I sure that's finally changed, but it was still just next level dumb at the time. I actually pulled into a parking lot trying to figure out which stalk, button, whatever would get them to come on, and finally had to google it and yup, it was in the touch screen menu. IIRC, when I asked on this site someone pointed out you could make one of the thumb wheel's on the center of the steering wheel function as the wiper/washer, but it did not default to that.

I have a 2018. Not once have I ever gone into any menu to activate the wipers or remapped either steering wheel button. I either press the wiper button on the turn stalk or click the button and say "wipers off" or "wiper auto".
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Medaggie said:

Thanks for the fix

I have been on madmax but too fast/aggressive for daily driving. I am on hurry most of the time. If I want Madmax, I want to be in full control which probably is just better to let it do its thing.

We have a Y and an X. There are things you really never need but miss when you don't have it. Power doors prob on the bottom of my list.

If Tesla stops making cars I will need to have

1.FSD or something similar. How are other car makers so behind?
2. Cabin temp control
3. Sentry mode
4. No buttons - Yes, people love their buttons but drive a Tesla for a few months and you will hate buttons. Tesla screen is fast and intuitive. Most can be controlled with voice.
5. Grok or some AI
6. No keys/fob


Great list and write up. What do you miss from your X when in your Y? That's what I meant by missing power doors! From Tesla to Tesla.
hph6203
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
.
agracer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guitarsoup said:

agracer said:

Medaggie said:

Thanks for the fix

I have been on madmax but too fast/aggressive for daily driving. I am on hurry most of the time. If I want Madmax, I want to be in full control which probably is just better to let it do its thing.

We have a Y and an X. There are things you really never need but miss when you don't have it. Power doors prob on the bottom of my list.

If Tesla stops making cars I will need to have

1.FSD or something similar. How are other car makers so behind?
2. Cabin temp control
3. Sentry mode
4. No buttons - Yes, people love their buttons but drive a Tesla for a few months and you will hate buttons. Tesla screen is fast and intuitive. Most can be controlled with voice.
5. Grok or some AI
6. No keys/fob

And yet, every manufacturer is going back to physical buttons for a lot of functions because the lack of them for a lot of functions was just stupid, not to mention dangerous to take your eyes off the road to do some simple stuff. I have the 12" screen on my Ram, but 99% of what I need can be done with buttons on the steering wheel front and back with out having to take my eyes off the road.

I test drove a model 3 five years ago and I had to go 3 levels deep into the touch screen to get the windshield washer to come on to clean the windshield. I sure that's finally changed, but it was still just next level dumb at the time. I actually pulled into a parking lot trying to figure out which stalk, button, whatever would get them to come on, and finally had to google it and yup, it was in the touch screen menu. IIRC, when I asked on this site someone pointed out you could make one of the thumb wheel's on the center of the steering wheel function as the wiper/washer, but it did not default to that.

I have a 2018. Not once have I ever gone into any menu to activate the wipers or remapped either steering wheel button. I either press the wiper button on the turn stalk or click the button and say "wipers off" or "wiper auto".

The wipers worked, I could not get the washer fluid to squirt onto the windshield to clean it off with the stalk or any other button.
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agracer said:

Guitarsoup said:

agracer said:

Medaggie said:

Thanks for the fix

I have been on madmax but too fast/aggressive for daily driving. I am on hurry most of the time. If I want Madmax, I want to be in full control which probably is just better to let it do its thing.

We have a Y and an X. There are things you really never need but miss when you don't have it. Power doors prob on the bottom of my list.

If Tesla stops making cars I will need to have

1.FSD or something similar. How are other car makers so behind?
2. Cabin temp control
3. Sentry mode
4. No buttons - Yes, people love their buttons but drive a Tesla for a few months and you will hate buttons. Tesla screen is fast and intuitive. Most can be controlled with voice.
5. Grok or some AI
6. No keys/fob

And yet, every manufacturer is going back to physical buttons for a lot of functions because the lack of them for a lot of functions was just stupid, not to mention dangerous to take your eyes off the road to do some simple stuff. I have the 12" screen on my Ram, but 99% of what I need can be done with buttons on the steering wheel front and back with out having to take my eyes off the road.

I test drove a model 3 five years ago and I had to go 3 levels deep into the touch screen to get the windshield washer to come on to clean the windshield. I sure that's finally changed, but it was still just next level dumb at the time. I actually pulled into a parking lot trying to figure out which stalk, button, whatever would get them to come on, and finally had to google it and yup, it was in the touch screen menu. IIRC, when I asked on this site someone pointed out you could make one of the thumb wheel's on the center of the steering wheel function as the wiper/washer, but it did not default to that.

I have a 2018. Not once have I ever gone into any menu to activate the wipers or remapped either steering wheel button. I either press the wiper button on the turn stalk or click the button and say "wipers off" or "wiper auto".

The wipers worked, I could not get the washer fluid to squirt onto the windshield to clean it off with the stalk or any other button.

Maybe a problem with that specific car.

Mine couldn't be more simple

hph6203
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quick tap for wipers. Press and hold for washer fluid. Similar to a lot of cars.
.
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dang the 23 with lifetime FSD sold 40 minutes before I could make it to the dealership.

Has anyone with HW3 had the FAD v14 lite update yet?
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i've had it for a few weeks,, does pretty good, imo. an improvement on what i had before
https://ts.la/eric59704
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good deal. Idk why it has t shown up on our car yet.
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think this is my 2nd or 3rd update on 14 lite
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guitarsoup said:

I think this is my 2nd or 3rd update on 14 lite


same, got that one yesterday evening
https://ts.la/eric59704
cav14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agracer said:

Medaggie said:

Thanks for the fix

I have been on madmax but too fast/aggressive for daily driving. I am on hurry most of the time. If I want Madmax, I want to be in full control which probably is just better to let it do its thing.

We have a Y and an X. There are things you really never need but miss when you don't have it. Power doors prob on the bottom of my list.

If Tesla stops making cars I will need to have

1.FSD or something similar. How are other car makers so behind?
2. Cabin temp control
3. Sentry mode
4. No buttons - Yes, people love their buttons but drive a Tesla for a few months and you will hate buttons. Tesla screen is fast and intuitive. Most can be controlled with voice.
5. Grok or some AI
6. No keys/fob

And yet, every manufacturer is going back to physical buttons for a lot of functions because the lack of them for a lot of functions was just stupid, not to mention dangerous to take your eyes off the road to do some simple stuff. I have the 12" screen on my Ram, but 99% of what I need can be done with buttons on the steering wheel front and back with out having to take my eyes off the road.

I test drove a model 3 five years ago and I had to go 3 levels deep into the touch screen to get the windshield washer to come on to clean the windshield. I sure that's finally changed, but it was still just next level dumb at the time. I actually pulled into a parking lot trying to figure out which stalk, button, whatever would get them to come on, and finally had to google it and yup, it was in the touch screen menu. IIRC, when I asked on this site someone pointed out you could make one of the thumb wheel's on the center of the steering wheel function as the wiper/washer, but it did not default to that.


You could always turn on the windshield wiper fluid by pressing and holding the left stalk button from the beginning. It was one of the first things I did by accident when I received my 2018 Model 3.
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ugh wtf. I want to see what it's all about. After looking at a few Teslas my wife now wants me to get her a white 26 Y and let me have the X. Women always want the shiny new stuff. She's had 4 new cars since I bought my newest.....back in 2013.
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sea Speed said:

Ugh wtf. I want to see what it's all about. After looking at a few Teslas my wife now wants me to get her a white 26 Y and let me have the X. Women always want the shiny new stuff. She's had 4 new cars since I bought my newest.....back in 2013.

I don't think anyone with an X or S has gotten 14Lite.
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well that's lame.
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RoyVal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New ride for a few weeks now. Going on the first roadtrip to Kyle field later today.
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had total knee replacement 8/24. Wife and home PT guy conspiring to keep me home from work for another week. I'm not "cleared for driving."

Elon Musk and I have other plans… And it's my left knee for crying out loud.
hph6203
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
.
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Awesome! Thanks.

In other news, I wanted to look at that 3 I mentioned previously and the guy said he would be available on the weekend at the soonest, so I set up the earliest possible time he was available, and then he sold it. 0 for 2 now. The search for Tesla 2 continues.
ashleyschaeffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Love it!

Now take off those wheel covers:



RoyVal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ashleyschaeffer said:

Love it!

Now take off those wheel covers:





agreed! looks good!
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was in Austin on Friday and the Robotaxi had just been made available to the public at 5 PM and I needed a ride at 6 PM so I tried to grab one but it said it was going ot take an hour.

So I ordered a model Y fully unserprivsed FSD. It got to me within 7 minutes, drove me three miles in Austin rush hour traffic for a total of $17 and obviously no tip.

It was my first time in the backseat of a driverless car and it was a pretty surreal feeling. This model Y actually had the Robotaxi logo on the side and on the back. The whole experience was great.
Medaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am sure many on here are aware but was a new experience for me. My wife was driving her MX, I got a notice that her rear tire was dangerously low. I called her and told her to pull over just right after the car told her to take over from FSD. She pulled over to the side of the road and I went to switch cars with her to get the tire fixed/towed or whatever needed.

on my 30 min drive to her car, I went on the Tsla App and requested tire repair service. They literally arrived 15 min after I arrived. They placed the new OEM tire, to match, and I was on my way home right at 1 hr. Amazing service.

Here is the kicker. The total cost was $325 for the tire and $35 for labor. I literally had someone drive to the car in about 45 minutes, change out the new tire, dispose of old, and charged me $35.

If not for Tesla roadside, I likely would have had to get the car towed b/c the car does not have a spare and I doubt anyone had one sitting in their truck.

Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last time I tried to do that they told me I had to buy both rear tires and wouldn't sell me one single tire because the wear could be uneven.
GCRanger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tesla nerds, I have elderly family that is looking at getting a Tesla with FSD. They really shouldn't be driving anymore and we are trying to figure out if supervised FSD would work for them. They'd like this sooner than later given that it could be a couple years before fully unsupervised FSD cars and cybercabs are sold to the public.

Anyone gone FSD route with elderly family?
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.