The LS OBS...5.3 swap into 95 C1500 build thread.

198,610 Views | 677 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Silvy
Silvy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silvy
AG

"Bad rocker arm? Have you considered a full top end rebuild?" - Me, 2020
Dill-Ag13
AG
RIP
Centerpole90
AG
This is so me. You need to find a better sounding board.

When I got my FJ40 it ran hot. I convinced myself the head was cracked. Everyone else said the radiator need to be rodded out... including the guy at the machine shop who didn't spend 2 seconds looking at the head and then looked up and said 'you've got a problem somewhere else, this head's not cracked.'

When we hear hoofbeats there no reason we shouldn't assume they aren't zebras.
Silvy
AG
Running on an old stock rocker till some new bushings come in.
Silvy
AG
Finally got it retuned. It plateaus around 6300 and is either being restricted by the intake manifold or headers, I suspect it's the 1-3/4" headers. I need to get the bottle filled and see how she runs on nitrous.

Subscribe to my Onlyfans for exclusive content.

Flaith
AG
Quote:

Subscribe to my Onlyfans for exclusive content.
moore42
AG
silverado_lover said:

Finally got it retuned. It plateaus around 6300 and is either being restricted by the intake manifold or headers, I suspect it's the 1-3/4" headers. I need to get the bottle filled and see how she runs on nitrous.

Seriously doubt its your headers. I dont remember your setup, looks like your just spraying. And i dont know what exhaust you have downstream of the headers...

But I have 1-3/4" primaries into 3" mids with stock mufflers and have made ~200+ whp more than you. I also have a tuner/builder that made well over 900whp on 1-3/4" primary headers. Both are FI builds, but i dont think that would matter?
Silvy
AG
If more air and fuel are given, the engine will certainly make more power, but the headers can still be inefficient. Plenty of folks have made 1k+ on the intake manifold as well.

Boost likely does make a difference as it was the reading from MAP sensor that started dropping at 6300.

No nitrous was used today, but I have found a shop nearby that sells it. Hoping that I can make it to this track this Friday and see how it looks with a 100 and 150 shot.
Silvy
AG
Furthermore, for those unaware, I recently purchased a house. I'm getting into the mode of maintaining vs. modifying the fleet so that I can avoid owning a traphaus and also build a shop in the back. I'm thinking climate controlled 40x40x12 and 4 post lift w/ a bridge jack.

Getting racetrok up and going after the refresh was the last big step away from my modification mindset.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Who knew being a tire monkey pays so well?!

~egon
manwhosoldtheworld
You're still messing with this POS?
Silvy
AG
Your mom wants me to take her out to a nice seafood dinner in it so idk
Silvy
AG
Needed new tires, so took the opportunity to get away from heavy, black steelies. Went from 255/70-15 to 275/60-15 on some ching chong tires. Since last update, I've swapped rear drum brakes to disc. I have parts coming in soon to refresh the front suspension and steering.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.