Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

366,097 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by RC_57
LostInLA07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
45 main lanes were open to get to/from the woodlands but that's about the only route and traffic was awful.
Dan Scott
AG
Anyone know if XOM campus flooded?
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Anyone know if XOM campus flooded?

Not sure but I think Rayford is closed.
Post removed:
by user
Ag_N_Houston
AG
We wanted to get to The Woodlands (mall area) from Louetta/249. We planned a route to and from based on the road closures. Less than half way into our journey, we found out they had closed the 45 feeder roads so we turned around and came home. We're supposed to be in Conroe tomorrow, but we'll see if that happens.
Dan Scott
AG
Spring Creek over 108 feet at 45
Dan Scott
AG
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Pulling over with your kids to look at the flooding while cars zoom by...that seems like it was a wise choice. Those people are dumb.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Pulling over with your kids to look at the flooding while cars zoom by...that seems like it was a wise choice. Those people are dumb.

It was filmed horizontally so they're geniuses in my book!
GCRanger
AG
There were about 30 cars there today about 5. People were walking around in the exit lane for Rayford. Cars pulling 8n to traffic without looking they all got a long horn honk and finger from me. That'll teach em. Cops should really go ticket them.
shano0603
AG
quote:

What are the normal levels?
Bondag
AG
quote:
quote:

What are the normal levels?
I think flood stage is like 98.
spider96
Post removed:
by user
TX scallywAG
AG
Well we're at 107.7. Seems to be slightly slowing down. My neighborhood streets look like rivers. Checking at 4am again.

According to KHOU, level had to be 109.6 for the Northpointe Levee to crest.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
Ag_07
AG

So where are all the Mezcuns gonna flee to now?
Buck O Five
AG
Jock 07
AG
quote:

So where are all the Mezcuns gonna flee to now?

For some reason I find it completely hilarious that ol boy is wearing a captains hat in that picture
Ag_07
AG
quote:

Yeah...Its Memorial Day weekend. That's summer time not winter time.
Cromagnum
AG
OTGP >>> ITGP
TX scallywAG
AG
Did you guys see this video of the Northpointe Crossing levee yesterday?

http://www.khou.com/mb/news/local/northgate-crossing-levee-in-spring-close-to-cresting/219703701
---
Post removed:
by user
TX scallywAG
AG
quote:
quote:
"This is the first time I've seen water this high -- period. I've lived in Spring Creek over 50 years, and this is the highest I've ever seen Spring Creek," Lashomb said.

He must have been out of town in '94 when it was 17' higher.

I thought the same, but my neighbor was here in 94 and said certain areas got it worse yesterday than they did in 94 even though the creek water level was higher then.

Not sure about Northpointe area/levee specifically back then, but a mile west of me, water in people's 2nd story. The construction and all the new neighborhoods draining have changed the water path. Our neighborhood drains VERY well. Multiply that times 50 or more, that's a lot of water efficiently flowing into Spring Creek & retention ponds, that was flooding spread out over flat land before. Many places to flood now that were woods in 94. I'm no civil engineer but seems logical.
---
Post removed:
by user
Dan Scott
AG
Some nice homes got flooded

redag06
Further downstream the humble/kingwood area is (west fork) is still rising.
Currently the west lake Houston bridge is closed.
Post removed:
by user
Al Bula
AG
quote:
I'm just sayin', regardless of changed flood plains, '94 made this look like nothing.
i really don't think the past matters in 2016. Waaaaaay more development nullifies using the '94 flood as the flood "gold standard." A lesser weather event doesn't have to be as bad as '94 for the destruction or financial impact to be greater today or in the future.
Buck O Five
AG
Im a fan of these drone coverage videos.
redag06
Also the flooding from 94 had more to do with improper management of the Conroe damn.
Post removed:
by user
JSKolache
AG
Just read this Conroe dam story yesterday. It's a few years old, but talks about the issues with creeks below the dam - Spring, Lake, etc.

http://m.yourhoustonnews.com/archives/flood-of-history-could-repeat-itself/article_e26745ff-92a0-5bbd-97c0-749b27290af8.html?mode=jqm
aTm2004
AG
quote:
Further downstream the humble/kingwood area is (west fork) is still rising.
Currently the west lake Houston bridge is closed.

Found this out the hard way. Went to go to Atascocita after church and was stuck in traffic.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
Also the flooding from 94 had more to do with improper management of the Conroe damn.
Care to elaborate? I hear a lot blamed on dam operators in general, but I frequently don't think folks have a clue what they're talking about...

I'd like to hear
Bondag
AG
quote:
quote:
Care to elaborate? I hear a lot blamed on dam operators in general, but I frequently don't think folks have a clue what they're talking about...

I'd like to hear
Most common rumor is the guy in charge of the dam was out of town hunting and the guy that was left there got a phone call from a rich guy on the lake that his house was about to flood. "Operator" opened the dam without coordinating downstream. The rivers down stream and were already at flood stage. When the water from the dam joined those rivers there were entire houses completely under water.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.