Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

366,107 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by RC_57
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lmao
Bondag
AG
quote:
Yea brain fart....cancelled my Uber. Just had a new opener installed and its got a lock on it that I forgot about

You bought a new opener and didn't spring for the battery backup?
chiken
AG
Power will be out until allegedly 6ish tonight. Fail on chikens household for going to Costco last night.
Post removed:
by user
Reloadags1998
AG
quote:
Power will be out until allegedly 6ish tonight. Fail on chikens household for going to Costco last night.
The freezers will be fine, just don't go opening them up. We had that issue last week from Monday early morning at 12:30 am to 6:30 pm.
AgLA06
AG
A couple bags of ice is much cheaper.
Ghost91
quote:
quote:
Just lost power in Atascocita. However, our power grid goes out when I fart too hard, so there's that.

I just lost mine in Atascocita too

Have you noticed how the traffic signals in the area don't flash red like they used to whenever the power goes out? Now they're just OFF.

MOST people still know to treat the intersection as a 4-way stop (HUH! Old school 101KLOL Lanny the TrafficMaster reference), but this morning I almost got killed at Will Clayton & Atascocita Road. Everyone was stopping and taking turns, then right as it was my turn this broad in a truck blew through going about 80mph - never even looked sideways or slowed down. About ten of us all laid on our horns. Thank God I looked before pulling out.
07fta07
AG
Yep. Guy behind me coming down will Clayton did the same and almost got smoked.
chiken
AG
People in Eagle Springs are acting like this is the end of the world. Their children have to sit in the hallways, not be on their phones, and are being served simple nutritious meals instead of chic-fil-a. The stay at home moms are foaming at the mouth.
Ghost91
quote:
People in Eagle Springs are acting like this is the end of the world. Their children have to sit in the hallways, not be on their phones, and are being served simple nutritious meals instead of chic-fil-a. The stay at home moms are foaming at the mouth.
My wife works at Atascocita Middle School and has been texting me all morning - they have no power and it's hot as hell but they won't let them go home.
chiken
AG
I hate that I know this, but apparently parents are allowed to pick up their children but they cannot send an alert for every parent to pick up their children because it would be chaos. In addition, they do not have bus services for some children to be dropped off their home and some students don't have anyone to let them in.

For the record, I don't even have children. I've just been following the "sky is falling" comments on our facebook page.
07fta07
AG
quote:
quote:
The freezers will be fine, just don't go opening them up. We had that issue last week from Monday early morning at 12:30 am to 6:30 pm.

My tailgate generator has come in awful handy today. Fridge is running and coffee was made before leaving this morning.
Ghost91
quote:
I hate that I know this, but apparently parents are allowed to pick up their children but they cannot send an alert for every parent to pick up their children because it would be chaos. In addition, they do not have bus services for some children to be dropped off their home and some students don't have anyone to let them in.

For the record, I don't even have children. I've just been following the "sky is falling" comments on our facebook page.
That makes sense. I remember my wife bitc...errr, complaining the last time they mass released all the kids at once that a zillion nutty helicopter moms all descended on the school at the same time to gather their precious snowflake(s) and it was chaos.

She said it was like the videos you see of the aftermath of a school shooting where moms are frantically trying to find their little darlings. And this was some weather-related release.
chiken
AG
Well like I said, the stay at home whomevers are bombarding the facebook page with "OMG THEY HAVE TO EAT APPLE SAUCE, GRAHAM CRACKERS, CHEESE, AND YOGURT FOR LUNCH!! THAT'S NOT WHAT I PAID FOR!!! THAT'S NOT ENOUGH FOR MY CHILD!! THEY'RE NOT EVEN LEARNING!!! WHY MUST THEY REMAIN THERE! IT'S HOT INSIDE THERE!!! WHY AREN'T THEY LETTING US PICK THEM UP!!! WHY CAN'T THEY SEND A MASS RELEASE SO WE CAN KNOW IT'S OK TO GO!?!?"

/facepalm

Diggity
AG
that's where I live dog

aTm2004
AG
quote:
Well like I said, the stay at home whomevers are bombarding the facebook page with "OMG THEY HAVE TO EAT APPLE SAUCE, GRAHAM CRACKERS, CHEESE, AND YOGURT FOR LUNCH!! THAT'S NOT WHAT I PAID FOR!!! THAT'S NOT ENOUGH FOR MY CHILD!! THEY'RE NOT EVEN LEARNING!!! WHY MUST THEY REMAIN THERE! IT'S HOT INSIDE THERE!!! WHY AREN'T THEY LETTING US PICK THEM UP!!! WHY CAN'T THEY SEND A MASS RELEASE SO WE CAN KNOW IT'S OK TO GO!?!?"

/facepalm

Dear stupid mother women,

You are allowed to check your child out of school anytime you'd like.

Sincerely,
A man
07fta07
AG
We have power in Eagle Springs
pnut02
AG
quote:
I've just been following the "sky is falling" comments on our facebook page.
It is pretty humorous how everyone is flippin out
Bondag
AG
Back in my day we lost power for an entire day at school and just played basketball and football outside all day. Our moms didnt know because we didnt have cell phones or twitter and they just pawned us off on the school for 8 hours without checking in.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Back in my day we lost power for an entire day at school and just played basketball and football outside all day. Our moms didnt know because we didnt have cell phones or twitter and they just pawned us off on the school for 8 hours without checking in.
and you werent a giant p**** that cried to mom every 2 seconds
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:
Wish we could turn back time.....

to the good ole days.....
7nine
Alex Bregman
AG
quote:
I can't believe you survived!

Did you put on sunscreen? Did you make sure a carry around a water bottle to stay properly hydrated? Hope you signed a waiver in case you were injured playing ball on school property.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Wish we could turn back time.....

to the good ole days.....

That song is stupid as hell. The guys (?) singing it sound about 14, so what exactly are the good old days?
Bondag
AG
quote:
quote:
I can't believe you survived!

Did you put on sunscreen? Did you make sure a carry around a water bottle to stay properly hydrated? Hope you signed a waiver in case you were injured playing ball on school property.

I had one hell of a sunburn and drank from the hose when I got thirsty.
CDUB98
AG
quote:
Hell yeah!!

AND WE LIKED IT!!
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
quote:
quote:
Hell yeah!!

AND WE LIKED IT!!
still to this day there is nothing better than hose water on a hot summer day....well that and beer
spider96
AG
It's like a Tim McGraw song here. I'm just waiting for someone to say I miss back when....
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
It's like a Tim McGraw song here. I'm just waiting for someone to say I miss back when....
It's all in your head.
shano0603
AG
quote:
quote:
It's all in your head.
I knew someone was gonna post Something Like That.
Jock 07
AG
Well we're supposed to get 12"+ of snow here tomorrow which is basically what happened a day or two before all the flooding happened down there, so good luck.
AlaskanAg99
AG
If we got another deluge all hell would actually break loose.
Ag_07
AG
Berger calling for anywhere from 1-3" with some areas getting 5" locally

Getcha bleach refills today and tomorrow!
agnatgas
MelvinUdall
I guess we will get to read and listen to all the Meyerland people b***h and moan about how they flooded, AGAIN.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.