Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

367,223 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by RC_57
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Ch 11 is trying to turn this Greens Rd thing into the katrina bridge. All they need is Geraldo.
Yeah, this Greenspoint thing is probably gonna get a lot of bad national air time.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Who is the ****y reporter for Channel 2 in Greenspoint? She sounds like she's trying to get slapped by the city councilman she found. "WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?" Stupid slag can't understand why she hasn't seen a rescue vehicle in 30 minutes. Does she think there's some magic waterproof army that's magically in place to rescue everyone who ignores weather warnings?

Then she follows it up by tossing out some random rumors about dead bodies in the water. Classy.
CDUB98
AG
You expected better?
lne2011
AG
They need rescue vehicles at Greenspoint! People are having to take their children to safety themselves! Neighbors are having to help neighbors! Hurry up water boats!
CDUB98
AG
The frig has returned.
Satellite of Love
quote:
Ch 11 is trying to turn this Greens Rd thing into the katrina bridge. All they need is Geraldo.

There is nothing else to report. Water is everywhere. Not as many stranded cars like Memorial day. This literally all they have to talk about because there is a camera crew there.
Al Bula
AG
Katrina refugee just on c13
Bondag
AG
Did he just call the fridge a boat?
Vernada
AG
quote:
Katrina refugee just on c13

Maybe thy can evacuate to NOLA!?
CDUB98
AG
Well, it is now....technically.
CDUB98
AG
nm, that wasn't fair
Javelina
AG
Black trucks are only for bodies.
El Mero Guero
quote:
quote:
Wtf?!?

WTF is right. thats some ghetto stuff right there. "Hey La-a (LaDASHa), you and the boy get in the fridge and I'll float y'all out".

I guess whatever works....

I thought it was cool to see young kids/teenagers/men from the complex and other areas coming together and using refrigerators small boats and blow up mattresses to evacuate people and get them to higher ground. Everyone on first floor had 5-6 ft of water in their place and there were many babies. Was good to see these kids banding together and working their asses off to help others, when there are so many bad apples that typically hog the limelight.
CDUB98
AG
What is frustrating is that, after this week, it probably won't rain again until the end of May.
Post removed:
by user
Buck O Five
AG
I doubt these new stainless steel fridges float. Need to hang onto the older model, and add it to my stores of bleach and canned goods.
Olsen
AG
Fox 26's Mike Iscovitz blasting employers for putting employees to work today and he ain't playing around!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/darlene.housley.98/videos/744268809035357/
agdaddy04
AG
I think it's crappy how shocked the media sounds when it's just citizens helping each other out.
txaggie02
AG
Media reporters are dirtbags. Always trying to make a story out of nothing. It's not surprising at all.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Just saw "Diamond Trueblood" interviewed in Greenspoint.
Post removed:
by user
Dan Scott
AG
Houstonians stepping up. More evidence that government just sucks balls
CDUB98
AG
It's interesting how all these private citizens are starting to show up to help , but for some reason, the city can't get any vehicles out there.

Yeah gov't!!
Vernada
AG
I need a big gerbil wheel for these dang kiddos.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I wonder if at some point, the city and counties just put special airboat divisions in place for the areas that always flood.
MouthBQ98
AG
My grandpa's house in cypress has 6" water in it.
MouthBQ98
AG
When I was driving towards Austin this morning I saw a small convoy of fire vehicles towing rigid inflatable boats headed towards Houston.
CheeseSndwch
quote:
quote:
Why is no one asking these people why they are leaving their 2nd floor apartments?!
Probably because of no power.
Yep, probably just looking for power so they can e-file.
MyMamaSaid
AG
NOT happy about this...
Dan Scott
AG
This looks so bad on Sylvester turner.
jetch17
AG
quote:
NOT happy about this...

About what?
CDUB98
AG
quote:
You already know Gov. Abbott will take all the blame. No way they can blame a Democrat.
El Mero Guero
quote:

I am far from a fan, and I think he sounds like an idiot, but I'm not sure what could have been done about this. You never really know if it's gonna be bad, or how bad it's gonna be, and what areas are going to receive crazy amounts of rainfall. Should we have the national guard at the ready any time a huge storm hits Houston?

Sh** happens. And Americans sometimes have to fend for themselves and help eachother out. Unfortunately too many people think it's realistic for the government to always be the superhero ready to swoop in as soon as anything bad happens.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.