Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

360,817 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
Scientific
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Water got into the car as i slept all night. By the time I was awake all i could do was wait for the rain to die down. Water came down & the engine still turned on.

Maybe i shouldve flooded it when i had the chance.
txags92
AG
They just stated metro was shut down on CH 11.
RangerRick9211
AG
https://twitter.com/METROHouston
Dan Scott
AG
San Felipe is a parking lot now
Producers_96
AG
The backfilling is reminding me of Memorial Day. This is no bueno.
Waffledynamics
AG
Nearest sensor on White Oak Bayou to me says the water level was at 49.52' as of 6:47 AM. Top of the bank is 53.90 feet. No signs of this rain letting up soon.
sts7049
AG
my plane back from Argentina last night was diverted to New Orleans. gonna be a long day.
OnlyForNow
AG
Just finished raining at 723/359. For a short time at least pool over filled and spilt out.

Front yard looks like a pond!
Post removed:
by user
Dr. Faustus
AG
Just moved the gf's car about 30 minutes ago. Everything between Washington Ave and I-10 is bad, but not Memorial Day 2015 levels...yet. Rain still coming down steady, but it sounds like it's slowed up a little.
Vernada
AG
quote:
Nearest sensor on White Oak Bayou to me says the water level was at 49.52' as of 6:47 AM. Top of the bank is 53.90 feet. No signs of this rain letting up soon.

I can see it from my house. This is the first time since the upgrade that I've been able to see water in it from my house.
Fitch
AG

I'm at T.C. Jester and Washington. Maybe another inch or two and water is in the garage. The SUVs in the street already have water up to the running boards.

Edit: just checked, maybe another half inch and water will be in the garage...no signs of slowing. My brother is in the upper Heights and he said 18th is a pond. Just got the 'stay at home' email myself...
Waffledynamics
AG
Right after I posted that, it started to calm into just a steady rain but not a downpour. Am I a wizard?

Edit: Maybe I'm not. It's raining harder again.
98Ag99Grad
AG
They're about to close I 10 at houston ave. The bayou is too high.
Silky Johnston
Sh/t is getting real. A pack of dogs just ripped up and killed a cat right outside my house. Heard them and whistled at them and they took off, but it was too late. RIP kitty
Post removed:
by user
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
This water hasn't hit Houston yet. Downtown is ****ed once all this water moves downstream. Don't get stuck thinking the rain is over and flooding isn't bad. This is going to get worse ITL.
Hoyt Ag
AG

This was coming into downtown at 5:45am. Getting into downtown was impossible, had to turn around and take 59S by the juice box.
OCEN99
AG
quote:
Sh/t is getting real. A pack of dogs just ripped up and killed a cat right outside my house. Heard them and whistled at them and they took off, but it was too late. RIP kitty
Was it this pack?
El Mero Guero
quote:

I have a dog. Really makes you think.
Serotonin
AG
The animals are always the first to know. Time to head out of the city before the apocalypse hits and learn to live off the land. Anyone have a boat?
Producers_96
AG
quote:
The animals are always the first to know. Time to head out of the city before the apocalypse hits and learn to live off the land. Anyone have a boat?
IHIOGA that there's sanctuary at Terminus...
Dill-Ag13
AG
I hear they've got a good BBQ joint
blackgoldag11
AG
Live on channel 13 just now a dude drove into the water at studemont and the news guy swam out to help the man. Crazy
Jackal99
AG
Reporter on channel 13 literally just performed a water rescue on live TV.
agdaddy04
AG
Was wondering if anyone else saw that. Holy crap.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Anyone just see Steve Campion just help save a dude.
agdaddy04
AG
Didn't even drop the mic
AgsLv44
AG
School cancelled, but the power is out. Hopefully it will return soon so today can be productive at home. This is my second Spring in the Houston area. Goodness...
canadianAg
AG
Saw that water rescue! Pretty crazy
12f Mane
AG
What an idiot
aggiemom2011
S
Watched live, too! Why don't they park patrol cars at the entrances of these flooded roads!?
Post removed:
by user
Bert315
AG
Ya that guy was an idiot. Said he thought it was a puddle...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.