Aggieland
Sponsored by

Local Restaurant Review / Discussion (2026)

190,949 Views | 1045 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Dustoff00
ChampsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maroon barchetta said:

It's going to rain Friday.

SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

You'll scare it away!
jbeaman88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Look Out Below said:

Went to Damiano's in DT Navasota on Saturday. Very impressed!
That's still on our list to check out.
rjames
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We love that place - they do an awesome job. Not texmex - very fresh
Burn-It
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First time for us to try Rosie's Pasta Bar. Very good as has been reported here by others. We tried the Chips & Formagg - unique twist on chips & queso, very tasty. My wife got the Bacon Shroom pasta and liked it very much. Their pasta servings are pretty sizable, so she ate about a third and brought the rest home for leftovers. I had the Classic Italian sandwich, very very very very awesome. This is a great lunch spot for sure.

Service was great, the place filled up for lunch pretty fast after we arrived.
AKA 13-0
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Had lunch at Rosie's today as well. Got there at 11:15 and we were only the 2nd customer. But there was a steady stream of folks arriving while we were there. Ordered the chip and dip trio, classic Italian sandwich, and Italian grilled cheese. It was all very good.
Prosper92Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another high recommendation for Rosie's. We ate dinner there tonight and tried several things: Dip Trio, Pepperoni Rolls, wife had Bacon Shroom and I had Baller with chicken substituted for the meatballs.

All 3 dips were great! The Formagg was a great Italian version of queso, the Salsa Calabrese was especially good, but I think the Whip was the best of them all. It was outstanding.

Pepperoni rolls are really good but on the small side. $11 for 3 that size seems a little high.

I love that I was able to sub chicken for the meatballs on the Baller, and the staff was very helpful and eager to do what they can to make the dish what you want.

As mentioned by others, portions are generous and easily enough for 2 meals for light/med eaters.

Also love the various flavored breadcrumbs. Great as a light crunchy topper on really anything … pasta, salad, soup.

Couple of suggestions because I know Costa reads this thread:

1) Different shape bowl for dine-in

The deep bowls make it hard to mix the pasta well and the sauce tends to stay at the bottom. The deep bowls are great for take-out because it's easy to handle or I can put it in my own bowl if I take it home. A wider, shallower bowl would be great for dine-in.

2) Shades on the windows

That west sun is a killer for the seats facing out during dinner time.

3) Smaller salads without chicken

Salads definitely are like entree salads. They may be available because I didn't ask, but smaller salads without chicken at a lower price would be great as a side to a pasta.

This will definitely be in our normal rotation for lunch and/or dinner!

TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prosper92Ag said:

Another high recommendation for Rosie's. We ate dinner there tonight and tried several things: Dip Trio, Pepperoni Rolls, wife had Bacon Shroom and I had Baller with chicken substituted for the meatballs.

All 3 dips were great! The Formagg was a great Italian version of queso, the Salsa Calabrese was especially good, but I think the Whip was the best of them all. It was outstanding.

Pepperoni rolls are really good but on the small side. $11 for 3 that size seems a little high.

I love that I was able to sub chicken for the meatballs on the Baller, and the staff was very helpful and eager to do what they can to make the dish what you want.

As mentioned by others, portions are generous and easily enough for 2 meals for light/med eaters.

Also love the various flavored breadcrumbs. Great as a light crunchy topper on really anything … pasta, salad, soup.

Couple of suggestions because I know Costa reads this thread:

1) Different shape bowl for dine-in

The deep bowls make it hard to mix the pasta well and the sauce tends to stay at the bottom. The deep bowls are great for take-out because it's easy to handle or I can put it in my own bowl if I take it home. A wider, shallower bowl would be great for dine-in.


2) Shades on the windows

That west sun is a killer for the seats facing out during dinner time.

3) Smaller salads without chicken

Salads definitely are like entree salads. They may be available because I didn't ask, but smaller salads without chicken at a lower price would be great as a side to a pasta.

This will definitely be in our normal rotation for lunch and/or dinner!



this yes - my son ordered vodka pasta when we were there sometime last week and it was like on-fire steaming hot. After 15-20 minutes, it was still too hot to eat and the pasta overcooked way too much in the bowl/cup/whatever to make it edible. I'd certainly get rid of those in-house.


stay low boys. keep those feet moving. go be perfect.

- chavez (fnl)
mason12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife also commented that the bowls were too deep.
Here is her review from last Wednesday:

Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello there. Thanks so much for your business!

" 1) Different shape bowl for dine-in
NOTED. WE HAVE ALSO RECEIVED A TON OF COMPLIMENTS ON THIS DESIGN AS PEOPLE HAVE LOVED HOW THE PASTA REMAINS HOT THROUGHOUT THE MEAL. IT'S CLEARLY A PERSONAL PREFERENCE THING. THE CONCEPT WAS DESIGNED AROUND THE CUP, SO I WOULD SAY THAT THE CURRENT MOMENTUM FAVORS KEEPING THE CUP. WE ARE ABOUT TO PUT A GRAPHIC ON THE WALL SAYING "STIR YOUR PASTA FOR FLAVOR" FOR THOSE WHO NEED A LITTLE PRO-TIP ON HOW TO NAVIGATE THE CUP.

2) Shades on the windows
NOTED

3) Smaller salads without chicken
WE DO HAVE SIDE SALAD ADDITIONS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST

Salads definitely are like entree salads. They may be available because I didn't ask, but smaller salads without chicken at a lower price would be great as a side to a pasta.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Hello there. Thanks so much for your business!

" 1) Different shape bowl for dine-in
NOTED. WE HAVE ALSO RECEIVED A TON OF COMPLIMENTS ON THIS DESIGN AS PEOPLE HAVE LOVED HOW THE PASTA REMAINS HOT THROUGHOUT THE MEAL. IT'S CLEARLY A PERSONAL PREFERENCE THING. THE CONCEPT WAS DESIGNED AROUND THE CUP, SO I WOULD SAY THAT THE CURRENT MOMENTUM FAVORS KEEPING THE CUP. WE ARE ABOUT TO PUT A GRAPHIC ON THE WALL SAYING "STIR YOUR PASTA FOR FLAVOR" FOR THOSE WHO NEED A LITTLE PRO-TIP ON HOW TO NAVIGATE THE CUP.

2) Shades on the windows
NOTED

3) Smaller salads without chicken
WE DO HAVE SIDE SALAD ADDITIONS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST

Salads definitely are like entree salads. They may be available because I didn't ask, but smaller salads without chicken at a lower price would be great as a side to a pasta.

then have some paper plates on the side or something because it was way too hot to eat. you need more surface area to cool it down. kinda like my dad did with coffee on a deep plate in the old days.


stay low boys. keep those feet moving. go be perfect.

- chavez (fnl)
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I noticed the website is not working. I could have sworn it was up and running before.
Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Of course we can provide you with an additional vessel for your meal, just say the word!

Thanks
Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just logged on to the site. It's definitely up
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe I'm going to the wrong place. What is the url? This is what I get.


Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very odd. Try searching it and then hitting on the website link.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is what it did when I went to the "website" link on a Google search. It does it on both my phone and computer.

https://rosiespastabar.com/
LastHamlet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Your link works for me on my phone
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guess I'm not allowed to access their site lol. It didn't work on IPad either.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NO PASTA FOR YOU!
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Costa is conspiring with my doctor.
bushytailed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Maybe I'm going to the wrong place. What is the url? This is what I get.




I get this as well when I click on this link and the link from the FB page.

When I google the restaurant and click on the website link, I'm taken to the menu page.

They look to be the same web address, so IDK what the issue is.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's for your own good.

I'm sure you've tried this but clear your cache?
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Try putting in www first.
Try it without www.
Try it with https/http only.
Try it on a different browser.
Try it in a private browser window.
Something something
Green eggs and ham.
The left cannot kill the Spirit of Charlie Kirk.
kosmostx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Captn_Ag05 said:

Maybe I'm going to the wrong place. What is the url? This is what I get.




I get this when I follow your link or when I search it and follow that link when using Duck Duck Go browser, but it works fine in Firefox.

Based on my kids' reviews I'm going to have to check it out in person soon.
Jetty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Costa, are any of your sauces dairy free? I'm lactose intolerant. Thanks! And congratulations on your new business!
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That link does not work for me.
aggies4life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Happy for y'all's continued success

Def miss those harissa rubbed Moroccan lamp chops from eccell and Peter's beef fajita tacos he had at Mad Taco (beats any fajitas around).

How about a fajitas and margaritas concept next?!
bushytailed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It should also be noted that Rosie's sells Italian margaritas (the Mad Taco brand), wine, and beer.
Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you all for your interest and business. We are thankful.

We have a couple things in the pipeline. A second Mojo Tortilla Co in Bryan and another surprise in Bryan that's Peter's brainchild and part of something big. We've launched the Mojo Torilla Co food trailer finally as well.

I do have a Mediterranean QSR I'd love to do, but the right location has to present.

Thanks all!
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bushytailed said:

It should also be noted that Rosie's sells Italian margaritas (the Mad Taco brand), wine, and beer.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OnlyForNow said:

That link does not work for me.


I had four coworkers check. It worked for two and not for the other two. Felt better that I wasn't the only one.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Costa and Andreas said:

Thank you all for your interest and business. We are thankful.

We have a couple things in the pipeline. A second Mojo Tortilla Co in Bryan and another surprise in Bryan that's Peter's brainchild and part of something big. We've launched the Mojo Torilla Co food trailer finally as well.

I do have a Mediterranean QSR I'd love to do, but the right location has to present.

Thanks all!



I'm going to go all in on the second Mojo Tortilla being in the Shell station on Villa Maria and 2818 after McDonald's vacates.
Curator of [url=http://csroadsandretail.blogspot.com/]Brazos Buildings & Businesses[/url], the area's premier local history site.
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

OnlyForNow said:

That link does not work for me.


I had four coworkers check. It worked for two and not for the other two. Felt better that I wasn't the only one.

Link does not work for me either.
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's either a DNS issue, or a load balancer issue is my guess.

If one person gets the "coming soon" page, and another gets the real page, something isn't working right in the plumbing, and if you get it consistently, there's webpage persistence locking you there.
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Real website must be stuck at the bottom of the bowl along with the pasta sauce.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.