Aggieland
Sponsored by

Local Restaurant Review / Discussion (2026)

183,657 Views | 970 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Rex Racer
ChampsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was wishing that Zeitman's was still around on Thursday and decided to Google sandwiches in Bryan. The Sunbeam/Owl came up and the menu looked good.

I had the Havana and really liked it. Looking forward to trying some other sandwiches soon. May have to try breakfast too. Some good looking options there.
hot dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rosie's was great. We'll absolutely be regulars.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hot dog said:

Rosie's was great. We'll absolutely be regulars.


Username does not check out?
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had Rosie's today, their pepperoni rolls will change your life.
84AGEC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where is this ?
Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
84AGEC said:

Where is this ?


We are located next door to the South CS Blue Baker. 4501 Mills Park Circle Ste 100. Just down the block from La Bodega
Bucketrunner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had the BLT for lunch yesterday. It was life changing.
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

84AGEC said:

Where is this ?


We are located next door to the South CS Blue Baker. 4501 Mills Park Circle Ste 100. Just down the block from La Bodega

Too far south.
Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rex Racer said:

Costa and Andreas said:

84AGEC said:

Where is this ?


We are located next door to the South CS Blue Baker. 4501 Mills Park Circle Ste 100. Just down the block from La Bodega

Too far south.


I'll totally take the bait here and say I'd be lying if I said our team hasn't already discussed a second unit located more central in town lol.
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Too far from the bypass.

Not too far from my house.
Average Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I'm going to bring my 3 girls by to try it this weekend. They love pasta, but are also insanely picky. If they all like it then I might need to inquire about investment opportunities.
Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Average Joe said:

I think I'm going to bring my 3 girls by to try it this weekend. They love pasta, but are also insanely picky. If they all like it then I might need to inquire about investment opportunities.


I'm not sure we can take just any average joe as an investor. (Sorry I just couldn't help myself)
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

We are located next door to the South CS Blue Baker. 4501 Mills Park Circle Ste 100. Just down the block from La Bodega

Do you have gluten free items? I looked at your menu and didn't see anything.

Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes quite alot actually. Soup, salad, and any pasta entree can he gluten free
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

84AGEC said:

Where is this ?


We are located next door to the South CS Blue Baker. 4501 Mills Park Circle Ste 100. Just down the block from La Bodega


I'm curious (not questioning, just curious). Do you look at the possibility your restaurants will dogfood each other when they are in close proximity? I know it's not the same food so it's not quite dogfooding but you are still competing with yourself in a sense.

I know that Starbucks (for example) doesn't seem to care. Their customers seem to be store loyal as much as brand loyal and in big downtown area they can have stores a block from each other and they don't have that issue.
Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mathguy64 said:

Costa and Andreas said:

84AGEC said:

Where is this ?


We are located next door to the South CS Blue Baker. 4501 Mills Park Circle Ste 100. Just down the block from La Bodega


I'm curious (not questioning, just curious). Do you look at the possibility your restaurants will dogfood each other when they are in close proximity? I know it's not the same food so it's not quite dogfooding but you are still competing with yourself in a sense.

I know that Starbucks (for example) doesn't seem to care. Their customers seem to be store loyal as much as brand loyal and in big downtown area they can have stores a block from each other and they don't have that issue.

This is such a good question. Every situation is different, and we don't know where opportunities will present themselves. For this location we were mindful of course about La Bodega being proximate to it, so that consideration was embedded into the crafting of the concept. We know there will be some overlap, but the two concepts have little threat of "dogfooding" as you've put it.

Clustering of restaurant concepts proves to be successful provided the stars align across a variety of metrics.
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the correct term is cannibalizing,
and that seems to be a non issue with those 2 restaurants

Rosie's is great food. Similar to Piada but better and free parking
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiepaintrain said:

the correct term is cannibalizing,
and that seems to be a non issue with those 2 restaurants

Rosie's is great food. Similar to Piada but better and free parking



Dogfood each other?
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dogfight?
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Costa Vida served something closer to dogfood. Everything I've seen from Rosie's, on the other hand, has looked wonderful.
jac4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went to Casa Monarco for the first time tonight on the recommendation of several people. It was quite good. Coconut margarita was great.

Place was busy with at least a 30 minute wait. Service was very attentive and everyone in the restaurant was working their tails off.

Strongly recommend.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jks08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jac4 said:

Went to Casa Monarco for the first time tonight on the recommendation of several people. It was quite good. Coconut margarita was great.

Place was busy with at least a 30 minute wait. Service was very attentive and everyone in the restaurant was working their tails off.

Strongly recommend.


That place is phenomenal!
jac4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jks08 said:

jac4 said:

Went to Casa Monarco for the first time tonight on the recommendation of several people. It was quite good. Coconut margarita was great.

Place was busy with at least a 30 minute wait. Service was very attentive and everyone in the restaurant was working their tails off.

Strongly recommend.


That place is phenomenal!


Attention BCS townies (and college students), support this place (and others like it)!
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Casa MonarcA
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jac4 said:

Went to Casa Monarco for the first time tonight on the recommendation of several people. It was quite good. Coconut margarita was great.

Place was busy with at least a 30 minute wait. Service was very attentive and everyone in the restaurant was working their tails off.

Strongly recommend.

Wow. I just looked at the pictures, and they sure plate beautifully! I need to go there!
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.