BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,078 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
Collectonian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw renovations are underway for new place opening at Post Oak Mall called Southerns. It's opposite Chuck E. Cheese and looks like it will have an outside entry and/or patio area.

According to the Post Oak site, it will be a food, drink, and entertainment venue with "the biggest names in the Texas Country and Red Dirt music scene" performing weekly, while being open seven days a week with food and drink. The mall page says its slated to open January 18th or 19th, while Southerns FB page says grand opening weekend is January 23-25th.

Found their website: https://www.southernstx.com/
BrandoC
AG
Of all the places you could build this you choose POM?!? Your asking to go under before you even start.
redd38
AG
Probably got a good deal on it, not like anything else has been in that old Rocky's spot in years
techno-ag
AG
Puppy Station in POM shut down according to KBTX. Evidently a lawsuit by a customer led to the closing of its doors.
techno-ag
AG
The Silk Stocking building is scheduled to be torn down tomorrow according to KBTX.
BrandoC
AG
RIP.
cajunken
techno-ag said:

The Silk Stocking building is scheduled to be torn down tomorrow according to KBTX.
How many HazMat trucks will be on site for the demolition?
MS08
AG
It's Underway, just drove by. Going, going, gone.
techno-ag
AG
Would you say that site is topless now?
halibut sinclair
ChampsAg
Burger MOJO and Royal Touch are open I believe

Aaron's Automotive opening in March between the gas station and the church on Graham at the south feeder road
PS3D
BrandoC said:

Of all the places you could build this you choose POM?!? Your asking to go under before you even start.

Rockies did well for years in that spot and was kicked out for that Toby Keith bar that never opened. Besides, it doesn't even open into the mall.

ChampsAg said:

Burger MOJO and Royal Touch are open I believe

Aaron's Automotive opening in March between the gas station and the church on Graham at the south feeder road

Royal Touch Laundry was supposed to be at Southland and Wellborn according to an old New Development announcement. A parking lot was partially built but construction stopped several years ago and now the whole lot is for sale.
BrandoC
AG
Yea that makes it even more of a weird reason to put it there. Smashed between the old closed down Sears loading dock and the entrance way to the Mall, beautiful scenery.
D_Wag97
AG
What is being built in the Aggieland Business Park at the end of Lakeway (towards the speedway)? A new company move to town, or is a local company just building a new building there?
TXAGGIE10
D_Wag97 said:

What is being built in the Aggieland Business Park at the end of Lakeway (towards the speedway)? A new company move to town, or is a local company just building a new building there?

If I'm not mistaken, it's a new FedEx facility.
redd38
AG
PitaPit closed
wasntme
not sure if this has been posted or not, but I hear a "Twin Peaks" is coming to Bryan.
bcstx06
wasntme said:

not sure if this has been posted or not, but I hear a "Twin Peaks" is coming to Bryan.

Where did you hear this? Glassdoor does have an opening for a general manager for Twin Peaks Bryan.

" Position Overview: This job requires the General Manager to direct the work of all other store employees in order to create and maintain a profitable store"
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

If I'm not mistaken, it's a new FedEx facility.
Will it include pickup/drop off, or just a distribution center? They have really outgrown the ship center on Longmire.
southerner
AG
wasntme said:

I heard the same. Rumor is that they are going into the old Kreuz building.
ratfacemcdougal
it is supposed to replace longmire
Tailgate88
AG
The new FedEx facility address is 4952 Lakeway. Google Maps shows it across from Stata but the site location on the submitted drawing makes it look like it will be farther down, by the TEEX building.

https://www.cstx.gov/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=15840655

Captn_Ag05
AG
I recently heard that Duluth Trading Company is coming to BCS. Anyone else heard this? I thought they were an online store mostly.
BlueMiles
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I recently heard that Duluth Trading Company is coming to BCS. Anyone else heard this? I thought they were an online store mostly.
We're not showing up on their "coming soon" map, but that could always be out of date. Their web page says they have over 60 store locations now.
bcstx06
bcstx06 said:

wasntme said:

Where did you hear this? Glassdoor does have an opening for a general manager for Twin Peaks Bryan.

" Position Overview: This job requires the General Manager to direct the work of all other store employees in order to create and maintain a profitable store"

There is more than on opening for Twin Peaks Bryan on GlassDoor, here is one post for general manager:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/bryan-tx-general-manager-jobs-SRCH_IL.0,8_IC1139896_KO9,24.htm?src=GD_JOB_AD&rdserp=true&srs=EI_JOBS&jl=3408887880&ao=23480&s=210&guid=0000016f2ab2981b80f5f1636a67432d&pos=102&t=EMPLOYER_SEARCH_RESULTS

It also seems like the for sale/lease sign is gone at the old Kreuz building.
Collectonian
JM04 said:

I doubt I heart Mac and cheese will be open by the end of year, but I have seen blueprints and it is coming.

You called it :-P They have shifted the opening date to January 18th
Post removed:
by user
Ajollyag
Still waiting on info about the HEB thats suppose to go up on booneville.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Any news on the old Ninfas location? Thought I heard there was a lot of interest in the space when they closed, but nothing since.
AggieMania
Twin Peaks!!
redd38
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Any news on the old Ninfas location? Thought I heard there was a lot of interest in the space when they closed, but nothing since.

It's too far from the bypass
techno-ag
AG
KBTX reporting on the job postings for Twin Peaks.
halibut sinclair
ajolly said:

Still waiting on info about the HEB thats suppose to go up on booneville.
Boonville
AggiePhil
AG
Please add Dairy Queen to the coming soon list.
halibut sinclair
Walk on's

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.