BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,048 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nashvilleaggie11 said:

Does anyone know who's behind the new dance hall? Or can help me figure out?

My bet is the former Ninfa's owner!
PS3D
Heismenberg said:

Maybe that will be the death of Post Oak mall. Malls are becoming obsolete unless it's a Galleria type mall.

I would love to see the mall be knocked down and a new development of restaurants and stores replace it.
I would say that it's just a problem with retail as a whole that has built up over the years and the specific problems with Post Oak Mall, like way higher rent than the rest of town but still can't build up a good store base, with a lot of vacancies and one-off stores that always seem empty.

Having a dance hall that's walled off from the rest of the center, instead of, say, a restaurant, isn't helping matters much.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
nashvilleaggie11 said:

Does anyone know who's behind the new dance hall? Or can help me figure out?
Some married couple from Pasadena that made some money working in the oil industry.

halibut sinclair
^ I really doubt those 2 train wrecks are still married after all these years.
techno-ag
AG
Sharp bringing in another $65 million.

http://wtaw.com/2019/10/02/texas-am-system-and-the-army-futures-command-announce-a-multi-million-dollar-research-agreement/
95_Aggie
AG
Remember when the bio-corridor was supposed to bring in billions of dollars from contracts?
bcstx06
95_Aggie said:

Remember when the bio-corridor was supposed to bring in billions of dollars from contracts?

I think RELLIS is becoming what the two cities envisioned the the Bio-Corridor to be. With that said, I don't this the Bio-Corridor is a failure. If you ride threw there there is a new office development going up and the Health Science Center is still growing. I think more could be added to the retail area around the Stella Hotel. It's a really nice area, just needs more to walkable development and reason for people to come to the area.

In other news, it looks like a 4 story hotel is being planned across the freeway from Premiere Cinema and Kroger. I believe it's a Comfort Inn & Suites.

And C&J BBQ seems to be moving forward with a new location on William J Bryan next to Aggieland Credit Union.
GSS
95_Aggie said:

You have to be patient...Traditions is just now transitioning from a CoB tax $$ consumer, to a tax $$ producer. Another few years, and it will be in the black!
CN
Latest word on Cooper's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que from their Facebook page is that they're hoping for the end of October. A friend who's judgement I trust said he had it in Austin and he didn't like it (something about them using vinegar on their ribs). I'm still going to find out for myself.

iPho will have a soft opening from 10/28-11/10. Friend of a friend claims the owner is a good cook but I don't know how well that translates to cooking for a restaurant.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

With that said, I don't this the Bio-Corridor is a failure.
I was referring to the $1B in research contracts we were supposedly going to get that never materialized.
rocketscience
AG
95_Aggie said:

Quote:

With that said, I don't this the Bio-Corridor is a failure.
I was referring to the $1B in research contracts we were supposedly going to get that never materialized.

There was the $300 million Center of Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing out there off HSC Parkway so I guess Sharp is still out $700 million on that promise.

https://ciadm.tamhsc.edu/about/
rocketscience
AG
bcstx06 said:

95_Aggie said:

I think RELLIS is becoming what the two cities envisioned the the Bio-Corridor to be. With that said, I don't this the Bio-Corridor is a failure. If you ride threw there there is a new office development going up and the Health Science Center is still growing. I think more could be added to the retail area around the Stella Hotel. It's a really nice area, just needs more to walkable development and reason for people to come to the area.

In other news, it looks like a 4 story hotel is being planned across the freeway from Premiere Cinema and Kroger. I believe it's a Comfort Inn & Suites.

And C&J BBQ seems to be moving forward with a new location on William J Bryan next to Aggieland Credit Union.
http://wtaw.com/2019/10/03/bryan-council-approves-traditions-owner-request-to-pursue-buying-more-land-over-one-councilmans-objection/

It looks like further development of that area is what the goal of this transaction is.
Captn_Ag05
AG
WIngstop going in at Jones Crossing.
Bunk Moreland
Captn_Ag05 said:

WIngstop going in at Jones Crossing.

Welp. That's the end of me. I could eat their Louisiana Dry Rub wings all day. If they open a Fuego there I'll never have to go north of 2818 again
aggiemom89
Does anybody know what's going in next to thunder elite on Boonville Road ?
Broncos
aggiemom89 said:

Another Angry Elephant.
halibut sinclair
Broncos said:

aggiemom89 said:

Another Angry Elephant.
No, it's the Tilted Pint bar. Angry Elephant is going into the strip center at Boonville/Copperfield Dr.
kevmiller
Didn't see this posted
But Another Broken Egg is going in jones crossing
CN
kevmiller said:

Wow, that menu looks fantastic.
JMac03
AG
CN said:

kevmiller said:

Wow, that menu looks fantastic.
I haven't looked to see if our local menu is posted yet, but the menu varies at each location from what I understand, to pick up the local flavors/flair. And that the coffee cups are different to make them collectible. I ate at the one in Nashville and it was so good.
war hymn aggie
AG
Looks like an Upscale Cheapskate (used apparel & accessories store) is opening up soon next to TruFit on Texas & Southwest Parkway.
https://uptowncheapskate.com/
dgonzo99
A new Drew's Carwash is going in across the street from Carter's Burger on Texas Avenue in Bryan.
TheOC16
AG
Fajita Pete's is open today.

They're doing a "soft opening" with a Grand Opening coming in a month or two. They gave me free samples of their frozen margarita and chips/salsa.

I was impressed. Better than I was anticipating for a chain place that will probably do the majority of their business carryout/delivery/catering.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Where are they located?
TheOC16
AG
On Univeristy between Church and Nagle under what I think is an apartment complex. Same complex that CVS is in.
aggiepaintrain
AG
TheOC16 said:

On Univeristy between Church and Nagle under what I think is an apartment complex. Same complex that CVS is in.

is there parking?
RGRAg1/75
AG
Cool. Thx
TheOC16
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

TheOC16 said:

is there parking?

I parked at the coffee shop next door, but the owner told me they had designated parking spots for customers in the garage (even though there's a sign on the entrance of the garage indicating a permit is required).
bcstx06
TheOC16 said:

aggiepaintrain said:

TheOC16 said:

is there parking?

I parked at the coffee shop next door, but the owner told me they had designated parking spots for customers in the garage (even though there's a sign on the entrance of the garage indicating a permit is required).

It would be nice to know where you can park in this area. I want to try Which Wich, but don't know where to park where I won't be towed.
EBrazosAg
AG
bcstx06 said:

TheOC16 said:

aggiepaintrain said:

TheOC16 said:

is there parking?

It would be nice to know where you can park in this area. I want to try Which Wich, but don't know where to park where I won't be towed.

Exactly...... and why I just don't go try any of them. I'm sure they don't miss my money, and I'm doing fine not missing their food. To be fair, I'm certain my demographic isn't their market. I'm just not spending any time driving in circles trying to find designated parking or willing to worry if I parked in the right space.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TheOC16
AG
Yes, I know in particular Fajita Pete's is anticipating the vast majority of their business will be student foot traffic and delivery.
AggiePhil
AG
Just park at the McDonald's and walk over.
tb9665
When is the new Drew's car wash going to open? The one on Texas close to Villa Maria. Does anyone know if it will be a full service or do it your self?
JayHowdy!
There is open parking on the first floor in the garage for Which Wich and Fajita Pete's.
phatpat21
Any idea what's going on at the old Dickey's BBQ building, in front of At Home? It looks like they have been doing some work there lately
there were skittles in there!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.