BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

572,995 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New medical software company opens up 200 jobs in the Brazos Valley

Quote:

Skywriter MD is a virtual medical scribe to help healthcare providers take notes in real-time.

The company's current location is in Colorado but its second location will be launched in the Brazos Valley. The company aims to hire 50 people initially, and then add 150 more within the next 18 months.

To be located in Aggieland Business Park.
KidDoc
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

New medical software company opens up 200 jobs in the Brazos Valley

Quote:

Skywriter MD is a virtual medical scribe to help healthcare providers take notes in real-time.

The company's current location is in Colorado but its second location will be launched in the Brazos Valley. The company aims to hire 50 people initially, and then add 150 more within the next 18 months.

To be located in Aggieland Business Park.
OMG TAKE MY MONEY!!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I'm sure they would love to!

More info from the press release: https://brazosvalleyedc.org/news/skywriter-md-operate-brazos-valley
KidDoc
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I'm sure they would love to!

More info from the press release: https://brazosvalleyedc.org/news/skywriter-md-operate-brazos-valley
Yes I already filled out their contact form. Depending on cost I could decrease my admin load and increase volumes while not burning out. I've been telling medical students for a few years that this type of service is the future of charting.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Well, hopefully they continue to grow and hire lots and lots of folks in BCS!
medjunkie
I don't know why, but it's been extremely hard for us peeps to find/get jobs in the medical field around here. Hopefully this helps.
thann07
AG
Garver (civil engineering firm) is opening a Water Design Center in College Station that will serve primarily municipal clients throughout the state on water and wastewater treatment facility design. The office will be located at the old TTI building at the corner of University and 2818.

The vision is for this to be a 50 to 100 person office and include all design disciplines (civil, stuctural architectural, process/mechanical, plumbing/HVAC, electrical, and instrumentation/controls). It's already grown to over 17 people since May.

There are current openings for BIM technicians and the BIM group lead, along with water/wastewater design/group leads.

Very exciting endeavor!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Not sure if this was posted about on here, but this was in the news a couple weeks ago. Some job growth in different fields coming to the area!

Quote:

Nappanee, Indiana NTA Inc., a leading provider of testing services, product certification, inspection, engineering, off-site construction plan review, and code evaluation, held its official groundbreaking ceremony today for its new facility in Bryan, Texas.

Set to bring up to 60 new jobs to the area over the next five years, the NTA corporate campus will consist of a large testing lab, a training facility, and administrative offices.

https://brazosvalleyedc.org/news/nta-inc-bringing-corporate-campus-bryan

Captn_Ag05
AG
The new starbucks at Chimney Hill will open in December.
Collectonian
I don't remember seeing a post about this one. I just noticed a new place called The Rolled Dough Co opened earlier this month in Tejas Center beside the Cricket store. Found their Facebook page and apparently, it's a carry-out pizza roll place that does savory and sweet rolls. The sign is up on the door, but not on the building yet.
TLIAC
AG
CN said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Anyone checked out Pie in the sky yet?
Went this past Saturday for lunch. Place was full but we were able to find a table after ordering. We got our food almost 40 minutes later. It was good but the wait for food was ridiculous. Will try again after they work out the kinks but only on the weekend. I don't have that much time for lunch during the week.

Pies were good though.
Pretty much my experience. I ordered to go and it was really slow. I think they recognized that because they offered me a drink while I waited. I also thought it was expensive. The food was good though.
JMac03
AG
TLIAC said:

CN said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Went this past Saturday for lunch. Place was full but we were able to find a table after ordering. We got our food almost 40 minutes later. It was good but the wait for food was ridiculous. Will try again after they work out the kinks but only on the weekend. I don't have that much time for lunch during the week.

Pies were good though.
Pretty much my experience. I ordered to go and it was really slow. I think they recognized that because they offered me a drink while I waited. I also thought it was expensive. The food was good though.
We ate there Friday. Got there about 12:45 or so. Maybe ordered about 12:50 or 12:55. They did tell me when I ordered it would be 30-45 min wait. I had their chicken salad which was very good.
GeographyAg
AG
JMac03 said:

TLIAC said:

CN said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Pies were good though.
We ate there Friday. Got there about 12:45 or so. Maybe ordered about 12:50 or 12:55. They did tell me when I ordered it would be 30-45 min wait. I had their chicken salad which was very good.
I've tried it the last two weeks on Friday for lunch. The first time I called it in and paid over the phone. Then I drove over and picked it up. They didn't give me a time for it to be ready, so I waited about 15-20 minutes and then went in. It was ready and waiting for me when I got there.

However, this last time the experience was completely different. I called in the order, but then sent my son-in-law (a local) to pick up the food. They told us it would be 30-45 minutes, so he waited 35 minutes to leave the house. When he got there the food was not only not ready, but they had no idea what kind of pies they had in stock and had several different people putting the order together. It was apparently a huge mess. He commented that they'd better get their system figured out or they won't last long. The place was more crowded than the week before and the parking lot was full. They need to designate the spots on the side of the building for take-out only and come up with a better system overall to make the process flow.

The food, however, is really good. I've had the California salad twice, and we did a "tasting set" of the pies and enjoyed them all. My daughter had the Chicken Salad Sandwich, and the SIL had the hamburger. All was good, although not really worth an hour+ wait.
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
EBrazosAg
AG
I'm pretty sure this Pie in the Sky is franchise #1 for the founders. Don't know if the franchisee has any prior experience but one has to suspect not from what the reports are. Glad to hear the food is good. Hopefully the franchiser and franchisee can work to get the problems fixed. Might be best to give them a month or two before expecting much.
dgonzo99
Captn_Ag05 said:

Oldham Goodwin posted this on their Facebook today:

Quote:

Oldham Goodwin is excited to welcome Chick-fil-A to Rudder's Landing in Bryan! Pad sites are available for sale, ground lease, or build-to-suit, and retail space is available for lease.

Call us today to join Walmart, Panda Express and Chick-Fil-A at Rudder's Landing >> 979.268.2000
That Chick-fil-A has been discussed many times on here, but I guess it is happening soon if they posted that on social media
I have been told that Chick-fil-A at Rudder's Landing will be up and running by December. At that time, the store on Briarcrest will close for 3 months while a newer and much bigger store will be built in its place. That will be the first phase of Walmart Reimagined. Panda Express and Jason's Deli will be built in the second phase. Supposedly, a small park will built next to the restaurants.
Captn_Ag05
AG
More from Oldham Goodwin this morning:

They are marketing the new center at Holleman and 2818 (3004 Holleman). Their flyer shows two open spots available for lease. There are four spaces that appear to be leased and they are labeled on the flyer as, Ramen Restaurant, Bakery Cafe, Chinese Restaurant, and Korean BBQ. Not sure if those are actually what are going in or just examples.

Link to flyer: https://app.sharplaunch.com/uploads/5d387c1d2536b/3004_holleman_dr_leasing_flyer.pdf

Anyone know anything about this center?
jeffk
AG
Anyone know when the new playground at Central Park is supposed to open?
rc_cat
Captn_Ag05 said:

More from Oldham Goodwin this morning:

They are marketing the new center at Holleman and 2818 (3004 Holleman). Their flyer shows two open spots available for lease. There are four spaces that appear to be leased and they are labeled on the flyer as, Ramen Restaurant, Bakery Cafe, Chinese Restaurant, and Korean BBQ. Not sure if those are actually what are going in or just examples.

Link to flyer: https://app.sharplaunch.com/uploads/5d387c1d2536b/3004_holleman_dr_leasing_flyer.pdf

Anyone know anything about this center?
Don't know anything about the center, but more traffic at that intersection is just what we need. Are there any plans to alleviate any of that mess sometime in the next few decades?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Probably not, but now you can order and pickup Chinese food while you wait.
rc_cat
Captn_Ag05 said:

SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I can't see how it will ever be any smoother until they build the overpass that they should have built 5+ yrs ago
Which Wich is now open in the Aspire building on University.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Which-Wich-open-College-Station--513345781.html
thann07
AG
There are:
https://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/projects/studies/bryan/fm2818.html

Seems like an annoying concept, but...
Fleen
What's going on at Holleman and Lassie? The concrete culvert material is stamped Poohs Park...
ratfacemcdougal
multi-family infill development
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
jeffk said:

Ribbon cutting is this Friday, August 2 at 4:00 for Phase 1.

https://www.facebook.com/events/915647158771226/
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Collectonian said:

Looks like a new Pizza Hut is opening at Rudder's Landing (shopping center by the Villa Maria/2818 Walmart). It has a sign up labeling it as Pizza Hut 140 (though that's also apparently the space number); looks like they're still working on getting the store set up itself.
Any chance this is a sit down one?

I know I'm probably in the minority but I miss the sit down one on University.
Tailgate88
AG
jeffk said:

The ribbon-cutting is Friday afternoon.
Collectonian
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

From the size and configuration I could see, it looked like pick up only. And yeah, I miss the sit-down Pizza Hut too. :-)
Counterpoint
AG

Collectonian said:

Looks like a new Pizza Hut is opening at Rudder's Landing (shopping center by the Villa Maria/2818 Walmart). It has a sign up labeling it as Pizza Hut 140 (though that's also apparently the space number); looks like they're still working on getting the store set up itself.

Is it weird that I miss the smell of that place too?
jeffk
AG
Thank you, both!
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Counterpoint said:

Collectonian said:

Is it weird that I miss the smell of that place too?
AG
CS New Development: Site plans submitted for a new ~45,000 square foot FedEx distribution center at 4952 Lakeway Drive, a new physical therapy office at 4190 Highway 6 South, and lots for 55 single family homes in the Midtown Reserve.
Tailgate88
AG
CS redid their website and I believe this is the updated link to the New Developments page:

https://www.cstx.gov/cms/one.aspx?portalId=12410917&pageId=13487767
Captn_Ag05
AG
A new Vera Bank is going in near the new Academy in Providence Park.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.