BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,006 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anything new with Century Square? It remains around 50% occupancy and there hasn't been any new tenants announced since the Poke place a few months ago.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Only addition in today's New Development list from College Station is a ~30,000 sq. ft office and warehouse space for National Equipment Corporation. It will be located at 3115 Corsair Drive.
Cyp0111
I think they're about to start an expansion at the street level.
VetSurg
AG
Bowie School bought by an Engineering firm for office.
AggiePhil
AG
VetSurg said:

Not according to KBTX.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/City-of-Bryan-files-demolition-order-for-historical-Bowie-Elementary-School--512484471.html
dallasiteinsa02
I went looking for something that someone has done with an old school that has worked. It doesn't seem to exist. Mostly talk of senior housing. The most interesting one is in Dallas but it is in an incredible location which Bowie is not.
VetSurg
AG
AggiePhil said:

VetSurg said:

Not according to KBTX.
Watch
momlaw
AG
Family Promise has transformed the Bryan Carver School into a place for homeless families (children involved) to transition with training and programming focused on self sufficiency. Ongoing support has resulted in remarkable long term success for those serviced.
momlaw
montegobay
There's one in Colorado Springs that is fabulous. Brewery, several restaurants, and lots of art spaces.
PS3D
dallasiteinsa02 said:

I went looking for something that someone has done with an old school that has worked. It doesn't seem to exist. Mostly talk of senior housing. The most interesting one is in Dallas but it is in an incredible location which Bowie is not.

Waco converted their original high school into lofts a decade ago.
aggie_2005
Daiquiri Barn at Texas Ave and Southwest parkway is now open.
drivinwest
AG
Really? Last time I drove by there I saw a "For Lease" sign.
aggie_2005
We are located at 2418 Texas Ave S, Suite F, College Station, TX 77840 (next to Twisted Noodle & Subway). The one you mentioned is on Harvey Road.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Charming Charlie's is closing - as are all of their 261 locations nationwide.
JMac03
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Charming Charlie's is closing - as are all of their 261 locations nationwide.
Well that is kind of sad - that is a lot of people losing their jobs. While I didn't go in there often it was a good store.
drivinwest
AG
Ohhh. ok, gotcha, thanks. It would help if I had actually paid attention to your post.
TXAGBQ76
AG
For low income folks
eloc62
Now that they are actually building it, I am curios about the Tad's restaurant going in next to Lowe's off WDF. Anybody eaten at one of their places?
KidDoc
AG
eloc62 said:

Now that they are actually building it, I am curios about the Tad's restaurant going in next to Lowe's off WDF. Anybody eaten at one of their places?
My brother has in the Katy area. He says it is widely variable in quality from visit to visit mostly depending on the quality of the manager. When it first opened he said it was great but last few times have been meh.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JayHowdy!
The Tru Fit next to the Bryan Target is now open.
susieq30
I ate at the one in Tomball a year or so ago when I was passing through. I ordered the etoufee and it was way to much rice for the amount of etoufee. When I complained to waitress she took it back and they added more. It had a good flavor. I'm looking forward to ours opening in College Station.
JMac03
AG
Sign up for Which Wich next to CVS in the Rise building across from campus on University.
EBrazosAg
AG
KidDoc said:

eloc62 said:

My brother has in the Katy area. He says it is widely variable in quality from visit to visit mostly depending on the quality of the manager. When it first opened he said it was great but last few times have been meh.

That's the fact in most establishments. People have no idea if they haven't worked in one how important a kitchen/line manager is in a restaurant. Looking forward to Tads.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MarineBQ04
AG
armymom
Balboa Barber Shop opened in Kroger Shopping Center on Longmire
Captn_Ag05
AG
Rapid Car Wash going in on Wellborn, just south of Navarro.
MS08
AG
Been there a couple times already. I used to go that Classic Cuts. I welcome the change and altogether a much better experience. Issac is my guy up there.

Saw Baylor Cupp last time I was in there. Big guy.
jac4
AG
Balboas is great. My sons go to Luke there.
Collectonian
Looks like a new Pizza Hut is opening at Rudder's Landing (shopping center by the Villa Maria/2818 Walmart). It has a sign up labeling it as Pizza Hut 140 (though that's also apparently the space number); looks like they're still working on getting the store set up itself.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Anyone checked out Pie in the sky yet?
AggiePhil
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Yeah. Expensive for what it is.
BQwolf05
AG
They are a little but on the high end but we have enjoyed the pies that we have gotten. Have not done food just the pie. I will say though that they have been busy the couple times we have been in there.
JayHowdy!
Pie in the Sky review -
I stopped in for lunch the other day, and it was very busy, I had the lime cilantro chicken sandwich and a slice of the buttermilk pie. Both were really good. I also tried the red velvet cake ball - great as well
TLIAC
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

They have been packed every time I drive by. I haven't stopped.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.