BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,046 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have no idea what Jesse was doing opening a 2nd location just down the road. Made no sense.

He needs to find an investor and go to south CS. He'd clean up
KidDoc
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I have no idea what Jesse was doing opening a 2nd location just down the road. Made no sense.

Yes!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ethridgem
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I had the exact same thoughts. When he stopped serving supper at the new location, I knew it was a done for.
SchnauzerMom
I wish Jesse's was open for dinner. I know the second location was open until 8:00 at first, but the majority of the time I am not even thinking about dinner until 8:00 or later.
TXAGBQ76
AG
will they have live music?
AggiePhil
AG
Looks like The Hook is coming back to beautiful Lake Bryan.
double b
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

So far every business in that shopping center has closed their doors.
Rapier108

UmustBKidding
Sweet horse tea inside heb was open today.
patrick.redmill
Rapier108 said:

It's been a LOOONG time since I've been to Cenare. When I did go, they never had the same menu twice. It was good when they had a Lebanese menu (I think Mrs. G is Middle Eastern). When they wiped that out...
UmustBKidding
Got email that Gumby's on Koppe bridge is closed. To everyone wishing Trackside good luck with the doomed strip center here is another data point.
law80
AG
It is now Pizzano's Aggieland. One of the Gumby's employees bought the store and changed the name.
UmustBKidding
Aggieland express car wash coming soon on the old ft Shiloh lot
ethridgem
AG
law80 said:

It is now Pizzano's Aggieland. One of the Gumby's employees bought the store and changed the name.
Is there a facebook (or other social media) page yet? I can't find anything? Have they already opened?
law80
AG
Not sure about social media or website but I called yesterday to check it out and the new owner answered. Store is open and doing business.
FlyRod
Primrose path is open, adjacent to The Republic. And its good.
D_Wag97
AG
Went to Cenare a couple of weeks ago for a work lunch, and it was pretty dead. Food was good, but it didn't look like they were doing well.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Piasano's seems to still have the same menu as it did as Gumby's, and they still have the 75 cent pepperoni rolls on Tuesday
Wicked Good Ag
Would Gumby's be better suited to do the pepperoni rolls deal on a different day then Tuesday.
I have always equated Double Dave's with Tuesday pepperoni rolls night
rc_cat
FlyRod said:

I've not been paying attention - what kind of food is this?
trouble
AG
Small plates mostly with some risotto and pasta dishes.

The bacon wrapped dates are what I want to try the most.
rc_cat
Thanks!
halibut sinclair
rc_cat said:

FlyRod said:

It's primarily a wine bar.
The Anchor
AG
halibut sinclair said:

rc_cat said:

FlyRod said:

It's primarily a wine bar.
I thought it was a child care place based on the name. Ha!
jac4
AG
rc_cat said:

FlyRod said:

I've heard it's a tapas and wine bar. It has a small footprint and shares a kitchen with the Republic. I think the plan is to change concepts every 3-4 years.
dstarr6442
AG
Please just tell me it's the Granddandy's coming back...
MarineBQ04
AG
Ajollyag
Restaurant and fast food market is so overly saturated. I dont understand how any of business can afford to stay open.

I would assume most people are like me and only have 5 or 6 restaurants they normally eat at.
TheOC16
AG
ajolly said:

Restaurant and fast food market is so overly saturated. I dont understand how any of business can afford to stay open.

I would assume most people are like me and only have 5 or 6 restaurants they normally eat at.

I just wish there were more places to get healthy lunch options. I eat out for lunch almost every day, but am essentially relegated to C&J's, Fish Daddy's, Cheddar's, and the soul food places. Get the same thing each time at the first three places, so that gets old. There's also nothing close to my office.
JMac03
AG
TheOC16 said:

ajolly said:

I just wish there were more places to get healthy lunch options. I eat out for lunch almost every day, but am essentially relegated to C&J's, Fish Daddy's, Cheddar's, and the soul food places. Get the same thing each time at the first three places, so that gets old. There's also nothing close to my office.
Newks and McCallisters have healthy options and are in that vicinity.
TheOC16
AG
Thanks, I'll check those out. Still not close to my office, I'm up HWY 60 West past the exit for HWY 47.
Ajollyag
TheOC16 said:

Thanks, I'll check those out. Still not close to my office, I'm up HWY 60 West past the exit for HWY 47.
The gas station a little further down Hwy 60 past Hwy 47 has good cheesburgers...
TheOC16
AG
Haha yeah I used to get those. But again, I'm looking for healthy options. None of that on the West side of town.
JMac03
AG
TheOC16 said:

Wings N More has a good grilled or fried chicken salad. They have the express one on 21.
eloc62
Eat a turkey or ham sub at Jersey Mike's. You will love it for lunch and it won't weigh you down the rest of the day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.