BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

578,117 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cut him a break, not everyone checks this as often as we do.

Plus, the asking price (now $120,000) is lower than the last time it was discussed.
Captn_Ag05
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

To make room for another hotel.

It is actually going to be a chicken finger place on first floor with a hotel rooms on floors 2-5 with floors 6-8 being apartments.
While that would be the most CS thing ever, the talk of the hotel is actually not a joke. There is a Starbucks with a drive-through being added to the land next to the new Republic and then a hotel is supposedly close to signing on to develop the remaining land.

While I know hotel occupancy rates are lagging behind what the owners and Experience BCS would like, does anyone know if there is a breakdown of the hotel occupancy by hotel? I am wondering if the University drive locations are faring quite a bit better to make it still an attractive option for developers.
ethridgem
AG
I would imagine that you could request that data from the City and County tax offices, or maybe even from Experience BCS. I'm sure they track hotel occupancy data.
bionat80
what's going in at the corner of 29th and Villa Maria near St Joseph Hospital?
trouble
AG
bionat80 said:

Blake of Blake's Steaks is building a deli near there. Not sure if that's it or not.
isitjustme
AG
bionat80 said:

Been wondering that myself. A new sign up says it will be Aurora Drive-thru Convenience Store. Not sure the concept will work. but best of luck to them.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Does that just mean a drive through for alcohol?
isitjustme
AG
Don't know if they will carry hard liquor, beer & wine, or what in addition to standard convenience store items. Just reporting what the sign said.
ethridgem
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Does that just mean a drive through for alcohol?
One can only hope!
UmustBKidding
Town and country convenience store in McAllen had curb service since the 60s. They eventually put a drive thru for lottery tickets. Was a crazy long line of cars backed up on tenth street trying get in on the billion dollar drawing.
TLIAC
AG
Jetty said:

Drove by Krispie cream earlier in the week and there were several men working on the inside of the building.
Looks like they'll be opening soon??? Wonder if the for lease sign is meant for the Toys r us location?
It is in the same shopping center as my gym (I am doomed) and I see people arriving to work there in the mornings as I leave. That said, there are several open storefronts in that center. Once the Christian bookstore closes there will be even more.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I hope that a developer comes up with a plan for the mall and that shopping center before that area becomes a ghost town. Continue to be surprised Krispy Kreme picked that for their first location.
australopithecus robustus
I have a developer friend that has been converting malls to medical complexes around the nation. He could do wonders with Post Oak. I'm afraid though that the current owners won't let it go that easy.

As for Krispy Kreme, that location has more visibility and traffic count than any of the Shipley's....
PS3D
a said:

As for Krispy Kreme, that location has more visibility and traffic count than any of the Shipley's....
This. If you look at where the Shipley's are, they really aren't that impressive and are usually closed in the afternoon anyway:
- Southwest Parkway, which has always been very modest traffic-wise (even during rush hour) despite it being one of College Station's "major roads", a full block away from Texas Avenue
- Just off of Greens Prairie Road and Highway 40, good luck seeing the building from William D. Fitch
- Villa Maria at Cavitt, which gets heavy traffic during school seasons/evenings but Shipley's is closed by that time
- Off of Briarcrest in the Target shopping center in a corner
trouble
AG
The Shipley's on Villa Maria is in the middle of traffic in the morning as well. Have you ever stopped there before work/school? It's also pretty easy to get in/out from either direction because of the light.

It's been in that location a really long time. I think they must be doing okay there.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

I hope that a developer comes up with a plan for the mall and that shopping center before that area becomes a ghost town.
They can always turn it into a year-round amusement park.
The Anchor
AG
Howdys Pizza is opening next Friday.
australopithecus robustus
Coming soon signs for Burger Mojo on University next to embassy suites
Sinuso
AG
Just got a note from Howdy wood-fired Pizza. Opens March 8!! I sampled their brisket / smoked sausage. Went beyond "pizza".....
legalbird
Went to look at facebook for pictures, but found a stock photo of someone riding a scooter
VetSurg
AG
Howdy's makes the best pizza I've ever eaten.
Cyp0111
co-owner ?
VetSurg
AG
Haha. No, but I'll be among their biggest customers.
mgreen
The Anchor said:

That only took two years. That better be one beautiful pizza joint.
mgreen
australopithecus robustus said:

Coming soon signs for Burger Mojo on University next to embassy suites
They were moving dirt today when I drove by.
The Anchor
AG
mgreen said:

The Anchor said:

That only took two years. That better be one beautiful pizza joint.
I know the owner personally. There were a lot of things outside of his control.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Just curious, why did you say that?
eloc62
trouble said:

The Shipley's on Villa Maria is in the middle of traffic in the morning as well. Have you ever stopped there before work/school? It's also pretty easy to get in/out from either direction because of the light.

It's been in that location a really long time. I think they must be doing okay there.
Yeah, I remember going there as a kid with my grandfather, and that was back in the 1970's. Good location and good food will keep you open for a long time.
halibut sinclair
eloc62 said:

trouble said:

Yeah, I remember going there as a kid with my grandfather, and that was back in the 1970's. Good location and good food will keep you open for a long time.

That Shipley's was around the corner on S. College in the 70's (where Burger House is now).
JMac03
AG
ethridgem
AG
Folks, that's a Krispy Kreme sign if I've ever seen one!
Fbuckie
Great American Cookie & Marble Slab are going into the closed Nobilitea/Tea2Go spot on Fitch.
toolshed
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Just curious, why did you say that?

Because they were moving dirt when he drove by?
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL; just realize I responded to the wrong posting *forehead slap*!
eloc62
halibut sinclair said:

eloc62 said:

trouble said:

That Shipley's was around the corner on S. College in the 70's (where Burger House is now).
Yep, you are right. I remember going with him to the one on S. College also. When did the one on Villa Maria open?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.