BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

572,982 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zeitman's Grocery and Deli posted they are going in on 29th. Looking at address, either tearing down the old carwash next to Pete's or the end of the shopping center where Mrs Bairds Thrift Shop was. Either way looking forward to it!!!!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
I'm super excited about it!
ethridgem
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Several additions to Jones Crossing:

Rusty Taco
Pizza Hut
TBT Bank
Orange Theory

And a place called Brewster Street. Not sure what that is, but if it is related to the one in Corpus, it appears to be a bar and live music venue.

I wonder if the Orange theory is in addition to the Century Square location or instead of. I know they were unhappy with the paid parking situation at Century Square, so not sure if that would have prompted a move.

With these additions, there are only three spots remaining in phase one.

I just reached out to my contact with the leasing group and they told me that none of the above information is accurate. They did ask that I check back in 2 weeks and that there are a lot of moving parts.

Brewster Street and Rusty Taco would please me greatly...
Captn_Ag05
AG
ethridgem said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Rusty Taco
Pizza Hut
TBT Bank
Orange Theory

And a place called Brewster Street. Not sure what that is, but if it is related to the one in Corpus, it appears to be a bar and live music venue.

I wonder if the Orange theory is in addition to the Century Square location or instead of. I know they were unhappy with the paid parking situation at Century Square, so not sure if that would have prompted a move.

I just reached out to my contact with the leasing group and they told me that none of the above information is accurate. They did ask that I check back in 2 weeks and that there are a lot of moving parts.

Just relaying what Oldham Goodwin's website shows...

https://images2.loopnet.com/d2/PuOyTjyubhasxFIASCVfoyTV96lqgOemryd_9bEav6k/document.pdf

ethridgem
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

ethridgem said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Rusty Taco
Pizza Hut
TBT Bank
Orange Theory

Just relaying what Oldham Goodwin's website shows...

https://images2.loopnet.com/d2/PuOyTjyubhasxFIASCVfoyTV96lqgOemryd_9bEav6k/document.pdf

Interesting! Conflicting information from the same company... The plot thickens!
ChampsAg
Oldham Goodwin announces Fajita Pete's and Which Wich in Aspire
ethridgem
AG
ChampsAg said:

Fajita Pete's website confirms this!
dallasiteinsa02
It grows old the list of tenants that get used to get other tenants and then the first list doesn't materialize.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Speaking of materializing, has anyone heard if there has been any further progress on the Big Shots golf facility?
ethridgem
AG
Jones Crossing Update

UPDATED 02/21/2019 4:30PM

HEB - open
Twin Liquor - open
Oishi Sushi - open
Sports Clips - open
Angel Nails - open
Super Cuts - open
CS Dental - open
MOD Super Fast Pizza - under construction
Zero Degrees
Chicken Salad Chick
Chick-fil-A
Threads Boutique
The Joint
CapRock ER
Sweet Horse

Thanks to Oldham Goodwin for the updated info.

SPECULATED - Source
Rusty Taco
Pizza Hut
TBT Bank
Orange Theory
Brewster Street
ethridgem
AG
Someone posted on Reddit that there's a "for lease" sign in front of the Krispy Kreme location and that construction hasn't progressed in some time. Anyone know anything?
JMac03
AG
ethridgem said:

Someone posted on Reddit that there's a "for lease" sign in front of the Krispy Kreme location and that construction hasn't progressed in some time. Anyone know anything?
Interesting. I posted last week or so that the building was almost finished on the outside. I don't normally go down that way. I prob won't be that way for at least a week now.
m3prsive
Seems like Walk-ons is selling their land behind Saltgrass.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Walk-ons?
bcstx06
So there will be three pizza restaurants in one shopping center?

MOD, Pizza Hut & South Flo???
wareagle044
ethridgem said:

Jones Crossing Update

UPDATED 02/21/2019 4:30PM

HEB - open
Twin Liquor - open
Oishi Sushi - open
Sports Clips - open
Angel Nails - open
Super Cuts - open
CS Dental - open
MOD Super Fast Pizza - under construction
Zero Degrees
Chicken Salad Chick
Chick-fil-A
Threads Boutique
The Joint
CapRock ER
Sweet Horse

Thanks to Oldham Goodwin for the updated info.

SPECULATED - Source
Rusty Taco
Pizza Hut
TBT Bank
Orange Theory
Brewster Street

Chicken Salad Chick!
jrhmc
AG
bcstx06 said:

Those are 3 very different types of pizza places and really, I don't think about South Flo as a stand alone place. Pizza Hut hits the delivery or generic pizza market. South Flo hits the pick up something quick at HEB crowd. And MOD hits the custom pizza crowd.
Captn_Ag05
AG
bcstx06 said:

I don't think it will be an issue. One (MOD) is more of a come in and sit down type place, one (Pizza Hut) is largely a delivery place, and the third (South Flo) is in a grocery store and appealing to people doing their shopping and want to grab a pizza to go on their way out the door. I find Super Cuts and Sports Clips being in the same center more odd than the pizza joints.

ETA jrhmc beat me to it.
ethridgem
AG
If the speculated Pizza Hut comes to fruition, it would appear that is the case.
PS3D
Captn_Ag05 said:

Speaking of materializing, has anyone heard if there has been any further progress on the Big Shots golf facility?
The facility would basically require an extension of General Parkway, which hasn't been touched since Aspen Heights was built.

On Jones Crossing, I noticed a few PDFs were removed from their site, and one of these PDFs showed a Kolache Factory logo on one of the buildings. Was that my imagination, are they really going to open a store there? (Also, the Sweet Horse will be inside the H-E-B, not in the main strips).

ethridgem said:

Eh, Rusty Taco had a location on Northgate when I was in college. I wasn't impressed with the food, and it closed after about a year.
Jetty
AG
Drove by Krispie cream earlier in the week and there were several men working on the inside of the building.
Looks like they'll be opening soon??? Wonder if the for lease sign is meant for the Toys r us location?
Anonymous Source
S
ChampsAg said:

What do they have?
Gig 'Em
ethridgem
AG
Anonymous Source said:

ChampsAg said:

What do they have?
Poke bowls
toolshed
AG
Jetty said:

Drove by Krispie cream earlier in the week and there were several men working on the inside of the building.
Looks like they'll be opening soon??? Wonder if the for lease sign is meant for the Toys r us location?
Krispie Cream signage is in the process of going in, so I can't image it's for them. The Oldham Goodwin sign says "Pad Sites Available", I assume the center has other pad sites available to make some money and increase traffic in the area.
AgsWin2011
AG
Is anything ever going to take over the old Bush's location at Towerpoint or have I already missed that boat?
KidDoc
AG
Heismenberg said:

Is anything ever going to take over the old Bush's location at Towerpoint or have I already missed that boat?

I believe a House of Pies.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jrhmc
AG
KidDoc said:

Heismenberg said:

Actually it's supposed to be a Pie in the Sky Pie Co. franchise. There's one in Conroe.

http://www.pieintheskypieco.com/
EBrazosAg
AG
jrhmc said:

KidDoc said:

Heismenberg said:

Actually it's supposed to be a Pie in the Sky Pie Co. franchise. There's one in Conroe.

That was the story as they presented on FB. I think a lease finally got completed, but sure nothing happening that one can see. I suspect they usual franchise #1 pains abound...... but just guessing.........
redd38
AG
The Republic's old building is coming down now.
Captn_Ag05
AG
To make room for another hotel.
dallasiteinsa02
Captn_Ag05 said:

It is actually going to be a chicken finger place on first floor with a hotel rooms on floors 2-5 with floors 6-8 being apartments.
Tailgate88
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

It is actually going to be a chicken finger place on first floor with a hotel rooms on floors 2-5 with floors 6-8 being apartments.
Thank God, because we have a huge shortage of chicken finger places in BCS.
jrhmc
AG
EBrazosAg said:

jrhmc said:

KidDoc said:

Heismenberg said:

That was the story as they presented on FB. I think a lease finally got completed, but sure nothing happening that one can see. I suspect they usual franchise #1 pains abound...... but just guessing.........
I saw the doors standing open and people coming in and out one day in the last week or so when the weather was nice. Who knows...
MarineBQ04
AG
halibut sinclair

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.