BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,086 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
jrhmc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jersey Mikes posted that they will open January 23. They've had some construction delays but things are moving along now.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I had seen a year ago that YMCA was coming to College Station. Is that still happening?
techno-ag
AG
aggie1819 said:

I had seen a year ago that YMCA was coming to College Station. Is that still happening?
I heard the last hurricane caused them to pull back at least for now.
halibut sinclair
halibut sinclair
So apparently there's a new Pizza Inn Express on S. Holleman in CS? Anybody been? Pizza Inn used to be our favorite when they had restaurants in B/CS years ago.
ethridgem
AG
halibut sinclair said:

So apparently there's a new Pizza Inn Express on S. Holleman in CS? Anybody been? Pizza Inn used to be our favorite when they had restaurants in B/CS years ago.
Oh man, I love Pizza Inn! Haven't had their pizza in years, so this should be a treat!
toolshed
AG
It was posted in May on last year's thread that Berryhill had pulled out of Century Square. There was another Mexican style food place that had signed on, but I can't recall who it was. I scrolled through a couple of the following pages but didn't see anything.
Captn_Ag05
AG
It looks like the EatBCS webpage and Facebook page are no longer in existence. Wonder what happened?
Captn_Ag05
AG
toolshed said:

It was posted in May on last year's thread that Berryhill had pulled out of Century Square. There was another Mexican style food place that had signed on, but I can't recall who it was. I scrolled through a couple of the following pages but didn't see anything.

Ambriza is the place that was rumored to be coming to Century Square.

https://www.ambriza.com
Collectonian
Captn_Ag05 said:

It looks like the EatBCS webpage and Facebook page are no longer in existence. Wonder what happened?
I noticed about 10 days ago the RSS feed for the website had switched to nothing but phone repair stuff. Sadly not surprised, it seemed like more and more of his posts were either paid adverts or regurgitating the same stuff over and over again. :-(

Looks like he renamed his Twitter too from EatBCS to EasyPhoneCS without commenting on why the sudden switch.
trouble
AG
He started annoying a lot of people by posting things that had nothing to do with food or BCS.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I'll admit, I unfollowed his page once he started doing political posts. I could look past the annoying constant reposting of the same information for the rare new information but lost me with the political crap. There seemed to be a lot of followers, so surprised he folded up completely.
Captn_Ag05
AG
A place called Grass Stains Boutique is going in at Century Square next to Lululemon.
EBrazosAg
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

A place called Grass Stains Boutique is going in at Century Square next to Lululemon.
Yes, we must have a real shortage of boutique's in town, because KBTX thought it was news that another one is opening.......
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Wicked Good Ag
Urban Table looks to open in about two to three months. Chef Tai new place at Fitch and Barron
trouble
AG
They are doing tasting dinners for their menu at veritas. Not sure if there are any spaces still available.
JMac03
AG
trouble said:

They are doing tasting dinners for their menu at veritas. Not sure if there are any spaces still available.
I can't wait. We go Saturday.
Wicked Good Ag
trouble said:

We went last night. And also we are going on the 5th of Feb
trouble
AG
We're also going Saturday.
Wicked Good Ag
trouble said:

We're also going Saturday.

Only 20 seats so maybe a Texags reunion.
AgsWin2011
AG
Howdy's Pizza seems to be picking up steam per their Facebook page. Looks like they will open in the next month or so.
theycallmemrtibbs
Juicy Crawfish on Texas Ave is hiring according to Facebook so they must be close to opening. In the strip between Walgreens and Target.
JMac03
AG
An article on KBTX says Eskimo Hut has closed for good.
bushytailed
AG
JMac03 said:

An article on KBTX says Eskimo Hut has closed for good.
I've seen a few comments on the interwebs that it'll reopen in a few weeks under new ownership with a new name.
eloc62
Juicy Crawfish sign has been up for at least 6 months. Are they only open during crawfish season? Crawfish season is right around the corner.
JMac03
AG
Toyota dealership changed ownership.

Quote:

You may have noticed Atkinson Toyota is now called Bryan/College Station Toyota.

The transition recently happened after longtime owner Paul Atkinson retired and sold the dealership.

Management says they are committed to continuing the same great service.

"It's been a you know very, very smooth transition. Our goal, and our re-brand of our U.S. operations is trying to line up more with our parent company and with the deep roots that we have with them. We want to include the individuality of the local communities involved," said Jason Pennell, General Manager of Bryan/College Station Toyota.
lockett93
AG
Atkinson sold a few years ago, but stayed onboard as an employee.
bcstx06
Hopefully they finally add Lexus like they were talking about doing in the past.
Goose83
AG
Harley's Mens Wear shuttered their doors today.
eloc62
New Coopers BBQ place moving dirt and planning to be open this summer. It's a big place. Which local place will it affect more? C&J's, Fargo's, Rudy's...etc.
Love Gun
eloc62 said:

New Coopers BBQ place moving dirt and planning to be open this summer. It's a big place. Which local place will it affect more? C&J's, Fargo's, Rudy's...etc.

None. It will be like another Dickey's.
LastHamlet
AG
Love Gun said:

eloc62 said:

Doubt that.
Love Gun
LastHamlet said:

Love Gun said:

eloc62 said:

Doubt that.

Great post. Would read again.
LastHamlet
AG
Love Gun said:

LastHamlet said:

Love Gun said:

eloc62 said:

Doubt that.

Dickey's was garbage. I have eaten at Coopers before and it blows them away. It won't be another Dickey's.
dallasiteinsa02
LastHamlet said:

Love Gun said:

LastHamlet said:

Love Gun said:

eloc62 said:

Doubt that.

Dickey's was garbage. I have eaten at Coopers before and it blows them away. It won't be another Dickey's.

Dickey's original location was terrific. As they franchised out, the model went downhill kind of like Sonny Bryan's.

Of the list in the original post, I just don't understand C&Js. It is average at best. I think they only exist because people like being able to order a plate instead of the per pound and side route.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.