Outdoors
Sponsored by

2022 Western Hunting Thread

47,193 Views | 496 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TH36
lazuras_dc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For the life of me I can't find the regs for transporting an animal carcass back home to Texas from out of state. I remember there being some form you needed or. Cwd check ? But I can't find anything on that. Anyone know ?
DG96
AG
lazuras_dc said:

For the life of me I can't find the regs for transporting an animal carcass back home to Texas from out of state. I remember there being some form you needed or. Cwd check ? But I can't find anything on that. Anyone know ?

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/hunting/cwd/carcass-movement-restrictions

TH36
I could go dig through the internets but maybe one of you can answer this, I had a Colorado preference point but didn't buy one this year. Does that mean I'll lose the one I had?
lazuras_dc
AG
Thanks ! That's what I had seen before but couldn't find tonight.

Question 1: It says transport from a state known to have cwd. Does that mean any state that has had any cwd case period? guess either way sounds like I just need to have that form filled out and have it on me when driving back home.

Question2: since tpwd says you cannot process beyond quarters until final destination so I guess that doesn't allow you to debone meat on the mountain to make hauling/packing any easier then driving the meat back in coolers ?
lazuras_dc
AG
No, it should stay on your account.
Hoyt Ag
AG
No
TH36
Perfect, thanks!

I think it was Wyoming I was thinking of but I see it's two consecutive years then you lose them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.