Outdoors
Sponsored by

Workshop Thread

803,892 Views | 1839 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SECond2noneAgs
GinaLinetti
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

Not to take up for the dude, but my wife looked like that at 47! Not so much now, but it could be his wife. But I doubt it!

Go on.....
danieljustin06
AG
quote:
quote:

Not to take up for the dude, but my wife looked like that at 47! Not so much now, but it could be his wife. But I doubt it!

We have rules!!
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
quote:

because matches1014 called him out for lying
I can tell you this. matches1014 version of that story is correct.

Bob Bond
GinaLinetti
AG
Exactly
Scotch
AG
You guys are good, was just about to post the links Seasons did. Why edit a post so many years later???

I think he last posted on Houston Architecture Info Forum in 2009.
Crob1386
AG
Is mfbarnes AggieRojo?
JYDog90
AG
quote:
You guys are good, was just about to post the links Seasons did. Why edit a post so many years later???

I think he last posted on Houston Architecture Info Forum in 2009.
Was that the post talking about his Uncle Frank (Lloyd Wright)?
Stasco
AG
Here's the original mfbarnes Bob Bond post. Google cache still had it up.
quote:
I have had several people ask if I knew who Bob Bond was, well the answer is yes I do, or did.

Robert Earl "Bob" Bond, was a local Bryan boy, who had a love for baseball, and was a potential prospect for the big leagues when he died tragically at the age of 17, by accidental drowning on the Navasota River. Bob Bond was my fathers first cousin, so that made him my first cousin-once removed, (commonly wrongly called second-cousin). On September 14th in the fall of 1957, one Saturday three young men, Robert Barnes 20, (my dad's baby brother), Forest Gilmore 19, and Bob Bond 17, were Teal hunting by boat on the Navasota River. They were wearing waders and no life jackets, and somehow the boat got tipped over, and all three ended up in the river. When the river is up, there can be someserious issues, when it's running. Parts of the river bed is an out cropping of limestone, and has submerged tubes, where the natural limestone pores washout and run laterally under the surface, and you can be sucked under the surface by the under tow effect is causes. Many think this attributed to this tragedy. All three boys were good swimmers, however waders are hard to swim in once they fill up with water, and possibly being sucked under, led to the tragic death of Forest Gilmore and Bob Bond. Forest's body washed up near Washington on the Brazos, however Bob's Body wasn't found till two days later way down near Cochran's Crossing, south of Hempstead. I was just a kid myself, but I will never forget that day as long as I live. My father was a Texas Ranger back then, and was in on the search, and positively identified the body for the family.

The ball field where Bob played many a little league game, and lived near his entire life, was located off of 25th Street, next to the National Guard Armory, between Gordon St. and Burleson St., was renamed "Bob Bond Park" in 1960. Ruben Bond, longtime President of the First National Bank, donated money to renovate the fields and add/upgrade other facilities, in memory of his little brother. It's been known as Bob Bond Park ever since.

Edit just to add that daddy Barnes (aka Herbert) was a sales representative for 40 years (I guess he just rangered on the side?) according to the obit posted earlier.

Man, this family does a lot of moonlighting.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
I love TEXAGS!!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I FEAR TEXAGS!!!
FIFY
haircut
AG
Wow. In
Doss Regulator
Dear Mr. Barnes,

You, sir, are screwed.

Welcome to the Outdoors Board
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:
Dear Mr. Barnes,

You, sir, are screwed.

Welcome to the Outdoors Board
Al Bula
AG
greatness
Chickenhawk
quote:
Dear Mr. Barnes,

You, sir, are screwed.

Welcome to texags.
TxLawDawg
AG
So according to THIS story he was a kid in 1957 when the drowning occurred. Old enough to "never forget the day." This guy doesn't even try to keep his lies straight.
wbt5845
AG
Incredible. Sorry I missed the bloodbath.

BTW - my family came to Texas around 1832 and settled close to San Augustine as they were here illegally. They owed $ back in Mississippi though and had no intent of going back. Ancstor did fight at San Jacinto and was awarded 640 acres, but promptly lost it for failure to pay taxes.
Scruffy
Stasco
AG
My family came to Brazos County in the 1870s as part of the group of Czech settlers who settled in Smetana. No fightin Sanny Anny, and no 118 year old granpappies though.
Kooch 3:16
AG
I bet this guy is Aggie Deepthroat.
txag11
AG
I really wish we had a Hall of Fame board where the best threads of all time are moved in for archiving. All of the mfbarnes threads deserve HALL OF FAME status! HAHA
trouble
AG
quote:
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

and Manziel Girlfriend
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I really wish we had a Hall of Fame board where the best threads of all time are moved in for archiving. All of the mfbarnes threads deserve HALL OF FAME status! HAHA
we do.....well not a board...but a thread....i bumped it, needs to be updated.

http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/578310
plowboy1065
S
I hope someone is going though all of his BS
AggieSportsGuy
AG
What possesses someone to do something like this? For so many years, so extensively? It's absolutely crazy.
GinaLinetti
AG
My family was given land by sfa? I think that's who it was but didn't give it back because we aren't derelicts
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

and Manziel Girlfriend

Chickenhawk
quote:
What possesses someone to do something like this? For so many years, so extensively? It's absolutely crazy.
Stolen Valor says hello.

Some people just have to make themselves seem more interesting than they really are. And it is usually the fat dudes who have no chance at the ladies.
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

and Manziel Girlfriend

txag11
AG
quote:
quote:
we do.....well not a board...but a thread....i bumped it, needs to be updated.

http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/578310
YES THANKS!!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

and Manziel Girlfriend

that'd be POTD....except for all the gold today....any other day.
Bigfoot In Aggieland
AG
I am just glad that I got to read this before it got deleted.

*************Disclaimer. I am not a Yeti or a Bigfoot. I am really just a human with big feet. Please don't google search me and destroy my life. TIA. *************

Sex Panther
AG
I am not a Panther and I rarely have sex
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
You're done bro, T&P for your private life.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.