Outdoors
Sponsored by

Workshop Thread

805,927 Views | 1839 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SECond2noneAgs
Stasco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
why was he faking the birth date of an ancestor...sorry i may have missed that
That was from a thread about remembering the Alamo. He wanted people to believe that great grandaddy fought Sanny Anny with General Houston.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
he was posting about how his family were share croppers in brazos county, and that they were given land by Spain somehow even though Texas was under the control of mexico.

he also claimed to be much older than he is, and got 9th place in a NASCAR race that never happened at texas world speedway.

I think he also died of dysentery once when his family moved to oregon
Breggy Popup
AG
BlackGold
AG
quote:
IN for when barnes posts

I doubt he will post here again, once he reads the threads and accusations against him.
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
quote:
IN for when barnes posts

He won't. If he does he's certified insane.

I really, really hope he does.

Defend yourself, troll!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

People who lie every day get so involved in lying they find it difficult to tell the truth about even mundane things.

Asking "why do liars lie" is a lot like asking why fish swim. It's just what they do.

yeah i get that i meant...whats the context...

i ran back several pages and found it and the associated thread.....too funny...it was a great (albeit probabaly a lie) story without the age embellishment.
GAC06
AG
quote:
quote:
Just wanted people to know that his ancestor lived to be 118...why? because he lies about everything, so ya
Same reason he coached for the Cowboys, played for A&M, attended A&M, raced cars, hangs out with hot chicks, restores '54 corvettes, has an awesome tool shed and reloading operation, and is an oil and gas mogul bodybuilder musician.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
quote:
When is the go find me site going down? Scamming people is seriously wrong.
This, apparently people donated money to it within the last few hours
BlackGold
AG
quote:

Law stuff.
lshunter
AG
quote:
quote:
IN for when barnes posts

I doubt he will post here again, once he reads the threads and accusations against him.
i doubt it as well, would be epic though if he did
Stasco
AG
Holy crap this thread is hilarious.
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:

Sorry I don't speak lawyer, but what does this mean?
Sex Panther
AG
Three Seasons
AG
link

link 2

link 3 where he begins to scrub his past information...why edit a post written seven years prior.

"Posted Monday, March 23, 2009 at 9:40 PMReally? Seriously? I have nothing to do with Houston Architecture, or Bryan/College Station besides having family there, but I am related to the Bonds, Barnes', and the Gilmores and I'm sorry, this story is too ridiculus to just let it go. I registered with this site specifically to set this straight. Sure you had the general idea, but way off. First of all, yes it happened in 1957...Mark you weren't born until 1963! Bob Bond wasn't 17, he was 13, still playing little league ball at the ball park now named after him...probably the REASON they named it after HIM! And no he was not a strong swimmer, he couldn't swim! Robert Barnes was not even present that day. Forest was 26, seeing as how he had already served in the war, was married with a child and one child on the way when this happened. Their boat hit a log in the Navasota river and sank instantly. Where you got all this "limestone washout" mess I dont know. They were not wearing waders, they were all wearing thick clothing and boots since they were hunting ducks and no life jackets. The lone survivor said the boat tipped approximately 150 yards from shore and all three were wearing such thick clothing, it made it difficult to swim without sinking. Bob was found down river at 9:43pm THAT NIGHT and Forest was found the NEXT DAY, sitting on top of the boat at the bottom of the river, one boot off, the other untied. Forest was last seen trying to help young Bob Bond to shore since he COULDN'T SWIM. I'm sorry if I come off as being mean, but once I shared this "tale" with other family members like me who are related to the Bond's, Barnes', and Gilmores, they were literally fighting mad that such inaccuracies had been told. This IS a great story of Texas history, and if it weren't for my interest in my family's history, I might never have stumbled upon this post. It's just too bad Mark's story WASN'T a first-hand retelling. I was able to hear a first-hand retelling this weekend, and trust me, it was far different than what as told here. Just evidence to everyone, not to believe everything you read on the internet, many things can be untrue, and also, make sure you know enough about a story to post about it before doing so. A great tragedy did happen that day, and I was only grateful my grandfather, Jack (Forest's brother), decided not to go on that hunting trip that day, or I would've probably never known him. And p.s., Ruben Bond, who was never president of the bank, only vice-president, was Bob's UNCLE, not BROTHER. Try to remember, some people collect newspaper articles that help when the memories gap...so don't go telling lies when you never know who will read your "stories".
Edited by Matches1014, Monday, March 23, 2009 at 10:04 PM."
    TexasAggie_02
    AG
    quote:

gillom
    AG
    Careful. That could get a ban/deletion.
    GarryowenAg
    AG
    I love you people
    Zemira
    AG
    He got sued and had to pay over $538,000 to the people that sued him.
    Breggy Popup
    AG
    quote:
    Careful. That could get a ban/deletion.
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Fat Bib Fortuna
    AG
    quote:
    Non-shopped grave pics:

You realize what this means? His 118-year-old Santa Ana fightin' grandpappy HAD A TIME MACHINE.
    Zombie Jon Snow
    AG
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    IN for when barnes posts

once he reads the threads...laughable...he was reading them thats why his accounts started disappearing....you can;t seriously buy the "i've been offline, whats happening, my accounts have been hacked" BS???
    TwoMarksHand
    AG
    quote:
    Gotcha, I wonder what for
    Chazz03
    AG
    quote:
    link

link 2

link 3 where he begins to scrub his past information...why edit a post written seven years prior.

because matches1014 called him out for lying
    lshunter
    AG
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    IN for when barnes posts

once he reads the threads...laughable...he was reading them thats why his accounts started disappearing....you can;t seriously buy the "i've been offline, whats happening, my accounts have been hacked" BS???

hahaha obviously i do not. I've had a fantastic unproductive afternoon at work reading this thread though
    BenderRodriguez
    AG
    quote:
    quote:
    Gotcha, I wonder what for

Because lying your ass off in business usually has worse consequences than lying your ass off on forums.
    Buck Nasty
    AG
    Stasco
    AG
    quote:

How did you find this picture of Mark's dog?
    Spotted Ag
    AG
    What if HE is what happened to Deepwater Horizon!?
    GinaLinetti
    AG
    quote:
    quote:
    Non-shopped grave pics:

You realize what this means? His 118-year-old Santa Ana fightin' grandpappy HAD A TIME MACHINE.

Well color me impressed.

Finn Maccumhail
    AG
    quote:
    quote:
    I think he also died of dysentery once when his family moved to oregon

I really need the the LOL-cry for this one.
    Yuccadoo
    quote:
    DUDE!

Sweet 850i!!!
    Thanks. First time I posted it on Texags behind my other car and bikes, someone wanted to know if that is where the wrecker left it.
    Smithjg
    quote:
    if he is married to a 47 year old teacher, then who is the hot chick in the tight pants and pistols that he is posting on instagram? surely he wouldn't be posting pervy pics of his own daughter would he?

Not to take up for the dude, but my wife looked like that at 47! Not so much now, but it could be his wife. But I doubt it!
    Three Seasons
    AG
    matches1014 called him on the lie several months later in 2009 ~ Barnes made the deletion last week.
    trouble
    AG
    It's not. His wife is blonde.
    MasterAggie
    AG
    quote:

because matches1014 called him out for lying
    I can tell you this. matches1014 version of that story is correct.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.