Diablo IV

92,052 Views | 1186 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Cromagnum
DallasTeleAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They may, but didn't have them for the beta
wangus12
AG
Another Beta going live over the next couple weekends
txag2k
AG
Early Beta access opens this weekend (17-19) for pre-orders AND.... KFC customers and open beta is March 24-26.
Claude!
txag2k said:

Early Beta access opens this weekend (17-19) for pre-orders AND.... KFC customers and open beta is March 24-26.

I guess they would've partnered with Chick-fil-a, but the cows vetoed it. Still salty about the secret level.
Cromagnum
AG
Between this game and Streetfighter 6, I'm set for the foreseeable future.
wangus12
AG
I actually did that yesterday. Got the code. Used that on Battle.net. now I'm waiting on Battle to send me the real code to download on my Xbox
Madmarttigan
AG
Xbox users preorder the game on Xbox and then just search Diablo IV open beta on the store and you can preload it fyi
Pman17
AG
2 hour queue to play the beta
javajaws
AG
LOL yeah that's kind of silly and disappointing.
Average Joe
AG
That's kind of the point of betas.
javajaws
AG
Got in after 90 minutes...Been playing over an hour so far and no issues. Looks good and running great.
Average Joe
AG
Launch day will undoubtedly be this way, as well. You'll have every variety streamer playing and intriguing others to play. Then after a week it'll die down as they move on to the next new release.
DallasTeleAg
Is the open beta the same as we had for the closed beta? If so, I wouldn't want to do that immediately before it goes to general release.
AliasMan02
AG
There's no way I play this but I'm super interested to follow along. No grind in my lifestyle these days. Loved D1 and D2, didn't really care for D3 and didn't play much. Hoping this is a return to the aesthetic and vibe of the first two. Might get me to pick it up down the line.
javajaws
AG
OK, well I played long enough to get to level 20. Didn't crash on me once. I also never died lol but I'm playing on easy just to see how far I could get in case I'm not able to get back on tomorrow.

The game is gorgeous. 4k with DLSS enabled runs mostly at 144fps for me...but I'm running a pretty new computer with a 4090 so ymmv.

Not sure exactly what it is I like about it (other than looking great), but it was a really fun few hours and I couldn't stop. Found a couple legendaries and a lot of items with class appropriate abilities. Was running with incinerate and hydra mostly. Pyro power was melting them with the help of some pyro specific gear bonuses!
AliasMan02
AG
Some of the early reviews indicate that the Lilith is right up front and more involved narratively from the very beginning, which is a great sign. I've always like the storyline and it sounds like D4's is really compelling.
All I do is Nguyen
My first foray into the Diablo universe was D3, and my experience was...meh. So I figured I'd give this beta try and I must say the narrative is much more compelling than D3.

It is also gorgeous like Javajaws said. I am running a 4080 and at 1440p i get 144fps constantly. I may have to actually give this game a go this time around.
No matter what
Wheatables02
AG
PC is 6 years old but looks like I can run it. Mostly play PS5 games. Would love to get back with the crew (txag2k, WilliamMunny, AgDog) if you all are going to play it.

My PC is currently I7 7700 @ 3.6 GHZ, Radeon RX 480, 24 gig of 2400 mHz DDR 4 Ram, 150 gig of free SSD...or I could just get PS5 version and crossplay...
AtlAg05
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Is the open beta the same as we had for the closed beta? If so, I wouldn't want to do that immediately before it goes to general release.

Level cap of 25 for this beta, and there are campaign quests so more of the early game.
wangus12
AG
Playing this morning. No queue when I got on. Looks great on Series X. Like the darker look compared to the bright colors of D3.

Story seems really good. The in-game cinematics with your customized character are really cool. Gameplay seems fast paced like D3. Itemization has been kinda meh though
bbattbq01
AG
World boss fail in my game. Only got her to around 20%
wangus12
AG
I'm not sure we even got it down to 75%. Granted in my instance the average level was like 13.
bbattbq01
AG
Got it the second time. Dropped a bunch of useless crap lol. Three lvl 15-16 legendary items yay
bbattbq01
AG
So I did barb first and got him to 25 and finished the main quest and most of the sides.

Just started a wizard and got him up to lvl 10 and holy crap he's OP compared to the barb. He just slices through everything so far with chain lightning. Frost nova anything that gets close and then arc them to death for movement speed increase. He's flying through the legions!
DallasTeleAg
In the later game, mobs get tough if you don't have CC. Ice becomes much more powerful. At least, that was my experience during closed beta. Once I got past level 50 or so, I relied on CC when fighting any elite.

Granted, I always play on the highest difficulty possible.
AliasMan02
AG
Higher difficulty means better drops I assume.e?
DallasTeleAg
Meh, the loot mechanic was basically:

1. Increase difficulty
2. Grind various world events and higher level dungeons for legendaries to get the Suffix you need for your build.
3. Grind various world events and higher level dungeons for a good yellow.
4. Extract power from legendary and put on the yellow you found and enchant it.
5. Level up a few times and repeat.

Legendary powers are the same throughout the game. However, once you go into the higher level difficulties, you have to find legendary powers from a piece of gear at that difficulty to extract it and put it on a yellow of the same difficulty. So hoarding legendary powers at lower difficulties isn't really worth it.

You can use the rewards from dungeons to upgrade a yellow to the legendary you need if you can't find a good one. Those dungeon rewards are lowest version of the legendary, so finding one in the world is always going to be better to extract.

I felt the closed beta to be directionless. At around level 60, you had your full build completed. You were basically just looking to refresh all your gear every 5 levels or so and farm higher level dungeons to get paragon points to fill up your chosen paragon tables and level up your Paragon gem things (been a while so can't remember what they were called). Basically, I ended up moving on and stopped playing the closed beta with a week or 2 still left to go.

I thought they could have made the world dungeons look a little more unique, but they are all rather similar looking. They look procedurally generated, but they are always the same when you reset them.

Overall, I hope they provide more direction in the end game. I would do the D3 seasons to complete the seasonal journey, so hope they have mechanics like that..
All I do is Nguyen
bbattbq01 said:

So I did barb first and got him to 25 and finished the main quest and most of the sides.

Just started a wizard and got him up to lvl 10 and holy crap he's OP compared to the barb. He just slices through everything so far with chain lightning. Frost nova anything that gets close and then arc them to death for movement speed increase. He's flying through the legions!
You did the exact same thing I did. I got my Barb up to lvl 5 late last nighty but my sorcerer is TEARING through everything with chain lightning.

I may need to put points in frost nova and other CCs
No matter what
FatZilla
AG
Loving my ranged/poison trap rogue, lvl 21 atm. Got an amazing legendary ring that makes my penetrating shot split into 3 for every enemy the main shot hits, each enemy after the first that gets hit, stacks 20% more dmg onto each shot from its enhancement rune. Freezing Caltrops + penetrating shot + poison trap and i mow most packs down in 1-2 shots. Also when overpower triggers on the shot, everything gets hit by overpower. Its extremely fun. I still don't even use a 4th attack yet as its not needed.I use rapid fire for single target clearing along with the specialization of combo points. Stacking 3 of them is easy when even breaking barrels and stuff will stack one.

All I do is Nguyen
I love the pacing of the game. The leveling seems just right, not stagnant yet (granted I am only level 15) and the gear drops make exploring seem worth it.

Got a legendary helm for my sorcerer that makes her look awesome and gives good stat boosts too.
No matter what
bbattbq01
AG
I just hope that in the full game items drop closer to your actual level. Kind of frustrating that most drops seem like they are fine to ten levels below my level.

Really enjoying the game though, will finish off sorcerer here in a little bit and get started on rogue!
AliasMan02
AG
Does the game encourage the marketplace like D2 did? Like getting good drops for other classes, so it's in your best interest to trade?
chigger
AG
Are the random dungeons still boring like in the Fall beta? At that time it was constantly "go left, go right, come back to the middle, open door, kill boss". Overall most of it was pretty good, but I agree like above that the itemization was boring. I don't know why they can't get that right. Based on that, I would have given it a 3/5 and decided it was not a "day 1" purchase. Not for $70. But I'm willing to reevaluate. I'm someone who has spent probably 1000's of hours on D1-3.
javajaws
AG
chigger said:

Are the random dungeons still boring like in the Fall beta? At that time it was constantly "go left, go right, come back to the middle, open door, kill boss". Overall most of it was pretty good, but I agree like above that the itemization was boring. I don't know why they can't get that right. Based on that, I would have given it a 3/5 and decided it was not a "day 1" purchase. Not for $70. But I'm willing to reevaluate. I'm someone who has spent probably 1000's of hours on D1-3.
Not a knock on you personally - but I've seen a lot of people online complain about paying for the price when in reality...you can't eat out for a sit down meal less than $50. So paying $70 for a game you can get hundreds of hours out of over the next 5 or so years...seems like a pretty good deal to me. No, it'll never be everything everyone wants it to be, but its fun and good enough. And they always keep working on it, including the balancing (both good and bad lol).
WGann3
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Does the game encourage the marketplace like D2 did? Like getting good drops for other classes, so it's in your best interest to trade?
I don't think trading will be as big of a deal in D4, but it does exist. You can find loot for other classes, but there is a smart loot system in place so the majority of your drops are tailored toward your class, I can't recall what the percentage is for leaning towards your class. There are both legendary and unique items in D4. I know uniques are soulbound on drop and will not be tradeable. I think most legendaries are this way but possibly not all.

The loot system is something I'm still skeptical about, but they're definitely trying something new so I'm cautiously optimistic. You'll be able to extract abilities off of legendary and unique items and then imbue those onto other items. So if you find a rare with some killer stats on it, you'll be able to take it to the next level by imbuing it with one of those extracted abilities. They seem to be making an effort to bring the usefulness of rares back to Diablo which I'm all for. I have a feeling trading rares will be what goes down, pretty easy assumption since the legendaries/uniques are soulbound.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.