Diablo IV

92,049 Views | 1186 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Cromagnum
AtlAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finished renown today quite the grind.

I tried to be more efficient by grabbing every side quest in a regional before doing side dungeons. Many missions require going to a dungeon, so I'd complete both at the same time.

Edit
I'd also say the lack of variety in missions/dungeons is bad. Missions were mostly play fetch and dungeons are kill X monsters/static objects.
All I do is Nguyen
So I did the world boss fight today on tier 4 and while I died a few times we were able to down him. Only thing that sucks is I'm lvl 59 and some of the gear dropped for level 60 but the charge drop was for lvl 80
No matter what
CypressAg09
AG
I just joined the clan, Aggie Nation!
Cynical_Texan
AG
Thought I was going to go Necro, went Rogue and am glad of it. Trying to hit 70 tonight.
Breggy Popup
AG
Do you get more XP and better rewards doing the renown side quests on higher world tiers?
Cromagnum
AG
It's a good thing this game focuses on loot more than story.
The cinematics were pretty fantastic though, as is the music.

Now some gripes about the story elements.
There didn't really feel like a huge sense of doom. Yeah, Lilith is causing problems and wants Heaven and Hell to stop fighting. Ok...so?
Andariel, Duriel, Elias, and Lilith all felt super easy.
Donan's death was ridiculously dumb.
Neyrelle feels like Leah 2.0.
At least Memphis to is pretty cool.
Where the hell is Tyrael?
It's disappointing that it's a Diablo game, and big red is not in it in any way. Perhaps we deal with the 3 brothers in future expansions.
Did they really have to permakill Lilith? Her character was pretty cool and i would have liked to have seen more of her story fleshed out
XXXVII
Cynical_Texan said:

Thought I was going to go Necro, went Rogue and am glad of it. Trying to hit 70 tonight.

Why?
WGann3
AG
Finally finished the main campaign last night. Really wish I could no life this game more than I can but family and work are a thing.

I only had about 30 minutes to fart around after I finished the campaign and did one cache from the Tree of Whispers, but what should be my next move? I've got a level 50 Penetrating Shot Rogue who I'm feeling really good with. Would it be wise to farm some renown and work my paragon board a little bit before attempting the capstone to go to Tier 3 or do I want to get that capstone knocked out immediately?
Prime0882
AG
WGann3 said:

Finally finished the main campaign last night. Really wish I could no life this game more than I can but family and work are a thing.

I only had about 30 minutes to fart around after I finished the campaign and did one cache from the Tree of Whispers, but what should be my next move? I've got a level 50 Penetrating Shot Rogue who I'm feeling really good with. Would it be wise to farm some renown and work my paragon board a little bit before attempting the capstone to go to Tier 3 or do I want to get that capstone knocked out immediately?
I am in a similar situation you are - about to finish up the campaign and what to do after. My personal plan is to go for WT3 as soon as possible to open up the new types of legendaries. I started the campaign at WT2 and moved to WT1 to try to get to the endgame quicker. Right now I am massacring WT1 and *think* at level 51 I should be ok to do the capstone and move up to WT3. Time will tell if the game tells me otherwise.
AgDev01
AG
my suggestion. Go to WT3 asap.

Start with doing all of the Lilith Shrines. farm helltides/world bosses when up. For hell tides just open the mystery cache. it you don't have all of the skill points after doing the shrines farm renown until you get them.

After that go do any nightmare sigils you have and just keep doing them across new dungeons as possible to start leveling glyphs until low 60s
WGann3
AG
We're on like the exact same path haha. I did the same thing, started WT2 and was doing perfectly fine, but ticked down to WT1 to expedite things. I absolutely murder WT1, but not sure what to expect on the Capstone. Guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. My thought process was the same as yours, I'd like to jump right into WT3 for the better loot that becomes available, but just wanted to make sure that would be the best approach, so here I am asking TexAgs before I dive back in tonight.
WGann3
AG
AgDev01 said:

my suggestion. Go to WT3 asap.

Start with doing all of the Lilith Shrines. farm helltides/world bosses when up. For hell tides just open the mystery cache. it you don't have all of the skill points after doing the shrines farm renown until you get them.

After that go do any nightmare sigils you have and just keep doing them across new dungeons as possible to start leveling glyphs until low 60s
Thanks for the advice!
javajaws
AG
I skipped wt2. As soon as you can do the capstone to get to wt3 do it. Then go grind out your renown and paragon on wt3
Cromagnum
AG
WGann3 said:

We're on like the exact same path haha. I did the same thing, started WT2 and was doing perfectly fine, but ticked down to WT1 to expedite things. I absolutely murder WT1, but not sure what to expect on the Capstone. Guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. My thought process was the same as yours, I'd like to jump right into WT3 for the better loot that becomes available, but just wanted to make sure that would be the best approach, so here I am asking TexAgs before I dive back in tonight.

I was level 50 when I did Capstone and it was a cakewalk. I was using a poison rogue so your milage may vary, but I killed him first try in about 1 minute of fighting.
Cynical_Texan
AG
XXXVII said:

Cynical_Texan said:

Why?
Played both Necro, Sorc and Rogue during both Beta's and early start and liked it better. Was pleasantly surprised the Rogue could hang solo with all the bosses and capstone dungeons.
Madmarttigan
AG
It might fall off on high tier nightmare dungeons but rogue is easily the best leveling experience and speed out of every class.
Formerly tv1113
Cromagnum
AG
For you rogues, what types of builds are you using in T3+ ?

I was Penetrating Shot with Shadow arrows till I beat Lilith, then swapped over to similar but with poison and with poison traps.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Cromagnum said:

I was Penetrating Shot with Shadow arrows till I beat Lilith, then swapped over to similar but with poison and with poison traps.
Using a Twisting Blades build with poison traps: https://maxroll.gg/d4/build-guides/twisting-blades-rogue-leveling-guide . This was my leveling build. The main Aspect you should look for is: Twisting Blades orbit for a short time after they return to you.

In T3 once you hit 60-70, most of the Sacred legend drops look the same.

DallasTeleAg
Cromagnum said:

For a Pen shot build, I rolled with both Shadow and poison imbuement so I could keep an imbuement up at all times. My problem was fighting bosses that ignore your CC and just walk up to 2 or 3 shot you. That pushed me to going with a Twisted Blades build. That build allowed me to face tank and beat the 70 capstone dungeon at 63. I would not be able to do this as a PenShot build.
BenFiasco14
AG
Bruh, the serpent cultists and finding their half devoured bodies along with fanatical notes cheering it on has sufficiently creeped me out. This line "we hear them surrounding our village, feeding on us when it suits them."

Then, in the campaign, fever dream with giant ****ING SERPENT GOD HEAD

I hate snakes. As a fire sorcerer at least I can literally kill them with fire.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Prime0882
AG
Cromagnum said:

It's a good thing this game focuses on loot more than story.
The cinematics were pretty fantastic though, as is the music.

There didn't really feel like a huge sense of doom. Yeah, Lilith is causing problems and wants Heaven and Hell to stop fighting. Ok...so?
It's disappointing that it's a Diablo game, and big red is not in it in any way. Perhaps we deal with the 3 brothers in future expansions.
Did they really have to permakill Lilith? Her character was pretty cool and i would have liked to have seen more of her story fleshed out

So, I finished the campaign last night and I think it's actually the best told Diablo game yet. I like that Mephisto manipulated the whole campaign.

I know Blizzard already confirmed two more expansions and kept alluding to Diablo, Baal, and Mephisto so I'm curious if we'll be going against just Mephisto or all three over the course of the next two expansions.

Also looks the direction things went in the end is towards the west where Tristam and Mount Arreat crater are, so this map could be friggin huge in the end. I am curious to see how the High Heavens get back into the story, though.
WGann3
AG
I'm with you. The story wasn't perfect but I thought the delivery was top notch and I thoroughly enjoyed it. That Act VI cinematic might have been my favorite gaming cinematic of all time and I'm not exaggerating.
txag2k
AG
Prime0882
AG
Cromagnum said:

Some more thoughts after watching a story video or two:

I'm fine with Diablo not being a villain so far in this game purely because he's been the least interesting of the three Prime Evils throughout the series. Diablo always seems to just be the muscle whereas Baal and Mephisto have been fleshed out bit more in D2 and D4 to at least be interesting.

If you've ever played Witcher 3 I was hoping there would be a Master Mirror/Gaunter O'Dimm situation where it turns out Diablo and Baal's animal aspects they talked of would be in the background throughout the campaign or something. As of right now give me more Mephisto, the High Heavens, and some giant snake. I do agree with your Leah 2.0 take.
Cromagnum
AG
Yeah, I definitely liked Mephisto in this. Hoping we see glimpses of the other two animals in future expansions.
Fuzzbutt
AG
Just got the game Thursday night. I've had my head in the sand for a while. Excited to try it out
CypressAg09
AG
Never played a Diablo game before. I've pretty much just been running through the campaign so far with a few side quests here and there, and just hit lvl 30. Following a guide for whirlwind barbarian since I had no idea what I was doing. Anything else I should be working on?
DallasTeleAg
Enemy CC in T4 is getting stupid. I really hate getting CC blasted in games like this, and it takes the fun out of playing.
AgDev01
AG
SOunds like you are on the right track.

As far as CC goes, it sucks. I think once more folks get ot that level the feedback on that is going to increase dramatically. If you are melee and dont have permanent unstoppable or multple sources of it you are ****ed.
WGann3
AG
Well alright, took down the WT2 Capstone to get to WT3 in one try... Curator had me on the ropes toward the end, was down to 1 health pot haha.
zip04
AG
I just defeated him as well. Now the real game begins I guess...
Madmarttigan
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Enemy CC in T4 is getting stupid. I really hate getting CC blasted in games like this, and it takes the fun out of playing.

The freeze wall is a little silly.
Formerly tv1113
Madmarttigan
AG
Was doing a tier 40 and I ran into 3x cold enchanted quill rats.

Never got a chance to move.
Formerly tv1113
DallasTeleAg
Madmarttigan said:

Was doing a tier 40 and I ran into 3x cold enchanted quill rats.

Never got a chance to move.
There needs to be diminishing returns on CC.
PeekingDuck
AG
Finish up the campaign at your own pace and make sure to get at least level 3 in each area for renown. It gives you 5 extra skill points to use. Then you'll want to do the Capstone dungeon in WT2 and move on to WT3 fairly quickly. The gap in gear is huge so there's no real point sitting in WT2.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.