Diablo IV

92,050 Views | 1186 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Cromagnum
FatZilla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No kidding. I have zero expectations for blizzard to actually fix it.
Madmarttigan
AG
I am weak and will probably play season 2
AgDev01
AG
How does playing a game make you weak?
BourbonAg
AG
Madmarttigan
AG
AgDev01 said:

How does playing a game make you weak?

Playing a game when it has been a little disappointing pre season and season 1 and going back to it yet again.
AgDev01
AG
so what? Its already paid for. It will cost you nothing to download it and play. If you like it great if not uninstall.
Madmarttigan
AG
You are taking this way too seriously I'm just being light hearted about being addicted to Diablo games despite shortcomings
zip04
AG
I've been playing Path to Exile on my steam deck and really enjoying it. I think PoE 2 will be much better than Diablo 4 when it is released, but we will see.

Also started a new character on New World with all of the new changes they made and the DLC and am actually loving the game. I enjoyed it the first time around (around 300 hours into it then), but it is a MUCH better game now.

I doubt I go back to Diablo unless they make some significant changes/updates.
Madmarttigan
AG
Patch notes are up

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes
WGann3
AG

Madmarttigan
AG
TLDR is a lot of good changes, every class has buffs, crit and vulnerable dmg are severely nerfed to be additive vs multipliers so not essential anymore. Monster health will be adjusted with that in mind.

No more renown grinds
Much faster exp
they keep improving dungeon layout and objectives
Helltides and whispers better bonuses
New bosses
+ all the seasonal stuff

Also even Reddit is positive on the changes, that is a rare feat.
WGann3
AG
Thanks for the TLDR. Almost all the Reddit feedback I see is positive. Seems to be a huge step in the right direction. I think I still hate the aspect system too much to dive back in this season, but never say never.
Cromagnum
AG
Itemization in a nutshell.

Quote:

4% chance to increase 3% of your chances to chance by 6%.
Hagen95
AG
I have downloaded the update and am pondering which char to roll this season.
Madmarttigan
AG
Leveling is sooo much better not worrying about renown
Cromagnum
AG
Trying out a spin to win barb this go around. Not because it's the best but because haven't touched barb at all yet.
Cromagnum
AG
Getting geared pretty well already in T3. Should be T4 today or tomorrow. Build already feels pretty nasty.
Hagen95
AG
I can verify that this season the Sorc is OP. Blows things up nicely.
AgDev01
AG
Anyone have any guesses on the expansion announcement? Im really hoping we get a Monk class but im guessing the next one will be some type of paladin. Apart from what features do you think they will be adding? New map and going to the other continent?
WGann3
AG
If there's not a true sword and board class coming soon then what are we even doing... Paladin or Templar, something like that. Criminal there wasn't one at launch.
Artorias
AG
I want to play and enjoy D4, but once you get to the gear grind, it seems overwhelming figuring out exactly which stats, legendaries, vampiric powers, etc. you need for your particular build. Are there any websites/videos that explain it in simple terms that a smooth brain like myself can understand?
WGann3
AG
Maxroll.gg has been my go to in recent years for ARPGs. There's different forms of end game, but the tier list at the first link below will give you an overview of all sorts of versatile end game builds. I think that's a good starting point if you've already leveled up a character. The 2nd link is a leveling tier list if you haven't gotten very far.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/tierlists/endgame-tier-list

https://maxroll.gg/d4/tierlists/leveling-tier-list
Madmarttigan
AG
I think it's actually simpler to gear this season with the multiplicative vs additive changes on crit and vuln.

I actually like Diablo 4 because once you understand the game a little it's really easy and fun to piece together your own build and paragon.

Most builds can also farm most content besides high nightmare and ubers.
Azariah
AG
Does anyone have a good source for all of the possible necromancer builds? It feels like a class that has a huge range of possible play styles, and the wife is looking for a little help deciding.
Madmarttigan
AG
Probably maxroll but I can't say that everything is fully correct and up to date. It's the best place to start though.

I'd say the most popular builds revolve around infinity mist, bone spear, blood Lance, and blood surge.

I'm currently working on a minion blood surge build but I can never find my pants. I have done a tier 92 solo though, will try 100 when I get one.
Cromagnum
AG
I don't know why so many people say barb is garbage. I'm steamrolling 55+ nightmare Dungeons now at level 91, and facetank Duriel in a 4 man. Almost none of my glyphs are even level 15 yet.
Cromagnum
AG
I did not realize how good the grandfather actually is (and now I need one).

I thought it gave you a flat 100% increase to critical damage. Nope. It increases your total critical damage by 100%, effectively doubling it.
joshagof11
AG
Cromagnum said:

I don't know why so many people say barb is garbage. I'm steamrolling 55+ nightmare Dungeons now at level 91, and facetank Duriel in a 4 man. Almost none of my glyphs are even level 15 yet.

This was the first Diablo I never reached max level with and I only play Barb. I probably had a **** few builds but I got bored with the game based on how the Barb played and stopped playing after finishing the story (prior to Season 1). But I've heard S2 is gonna be pretty sweet, I might give it another chance
Madmarttigan
AG
Barb massively bumped up this season. It has multiple top tier builds now.
Madmarttigan
AG
Yay… hundreds of attempts later I got lucky with damage procs. Blood surge necro
Cromagnum
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Yay… hundreds of attempts later I got lucky with damage procs. Blood surge necro

Lilith is a ****. Even with 18k life, 18k fortify, over 8k armor and pretty decent resists and still get one spotted by her bull***** It's absolutely a garbage fight.
joshagof11
AG
Cromagnum said:

Madmarttigan said:

Lilith is a ****. Even with 18k life, 18k fortify, over 8k armor and pretty decent resists and still get one spotted by her bull***** It's absolutely a garbage fight.

100%
Madmarttigan
AG
25k health and full resists also doesn't matter. I don't know if any class or build can survive the spikes.

I don't want the fight to rely on cheesing or with fear. The mechanics should be difficult but doable. I understand one shot mechanics but the fact that there are 5+ different spike patterns, 0.5 seconds to react, and completely random is just nuts. There is one pattern I still don't even think I would know what to do with if I got caught in it.

But yeah I think I'm done for this season with my first Lilith kill and first t100 done on a character. Doubt I care enough to try the Abbatoir of Zir stuff.
Cromagnum
AG
I DGAF about killing Lilith. I'm just after Uber uniques at this point. Already found a garbage melted ring of Sellig, and got a shako yesterday (which is as bad to the bone as it looks on paper)
DallasTeleAg
Damn... nice.

How many duriel attempts?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.