Diablo IV

92,054 Views | 1186 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Cromagnum
WGann3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
flakrat said:

Anyone looking for a great Diablo like game to play while waiting for Diablo IV, check out Wolcen:

https://wolcengame.com/

Been playing for the past couple of weeks and having a blast!
I've been enjoying it as well. Haven't been able to play as much as I'd like but played 30 hours since launch day. It had a ridiculously buggy launch and has taken a pretty good beating from people, but it's the studio's first game so I've cut them some slack. It looks incredible and it feels really smooth. They're releasing weekly patches to address some of the issues and I think they honestly have a loooooong way to go to get all of the issues straightened out. But back to my initial sentence, I'm really enjoying it still.
Madmarttigan
AG
I would not recommend buying it in its current state. I maybe played it too much but build balance is a mess, game is buggy as hell, online interface is terrible. Endgame consists heavily around ailment builds but then they gutted the main melee build to where my character can't even kill anything melee anymore.

Itemization feels like it has a lot of the same mistakes every other ARPG has ala original D3, Division, Anthem etc. A lot of RNG and overload of trying to find the right yellows.

I really enjoyed it leveling up until the end game grind though so the base of the game is decent if they just get it together and provide more viable builds and make end game more rewarding it might be decent.
DallasTeleAg
Anyone else receive a Beta invite? Just got an email from Blizzard to opt into the beta on either PC, xBox, or Playstation.

It said it was giving until October 11th to opt in. Didn't say when the beta was going live.
Average Joe
AG
Looks like I didn't get one. Damn.
DallasTeleAg
Yeah... I think they were sent to people who have recently played end game content on D3. I generally play the Season Journey on new seasons, which must have qualified me. It is a closed End Game beta. I did what I needed to opt in, we'll see if I get my final email and when.
Average Joe
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Yeah... I think they were sent to people who have recently played end game content on D3. I generally play the Season Journey on new seasons, which must have qualified me. It is a closed End Game beta. I did what I needed to opt in, we'll see if I get my final email and when.
Ahh, it's been about 6 months since I played.
aezmvp
I'm on the F and F list but I don't know if I'll get into this one.
WGann3
AG
No invite for me sadly... Also sad, my above comments on Wolcen lol. I must have quit playing that garbage right after typing that initial feedback. Endgame and itemization in that one turned out to be trash. I had some fun during the 30+ hours I put into it then quickly realized it wasn't going to be one for the longhaul.
DallasTeleAg
I think they are still going out. The page my invite takes me to basically says you I have until Oct 11 to accept the invite. I'm assuming that's when it goes live. But there are other places that say if you haven't received an invite by November 18th, then you did not get invited.

I've also seen other places say they are looking to see whether you've participated in endgame content on D2:Resurrected, D3, AND Diablo Immortal. Don't know if it has to be all three, two of them, or just one of them. I haven't played D2 Resurrected in months, but literally finished my season journey for the latest D3 season only a week or so ago.
Hagen95
AG
Got an invite last week and got on the list. We'll see if it pans out. Maybe playing all those seasons of d3 will have some value after all.
Civen
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I wonder if rushing to endgame right now will flag the account for beta? Anyone up for a powerlevel?
Hagen95
AG
Just got my invite. Installing. Hope some of you guys get in so I can get a power level.
DallasTeleAg
I may or may not have just played for a couple of hours...
AtlAg05
AG
I can neither confirm, nor deny, I did the same.
jr15aggie
AG
Been a long time since I've gotten into Diablo... looking forward to it *sits back and patiently waits for Series X version to show up on Gamepass day 1***
WGann3
AG
For those of you who may or may not have gotten a little taste, please tell us what you may or may not think about it.
Average Joe
AG
I'm pissed I didn't get a key. Thousands of hours into 3, but no joy because I didn't give into the cash grab that is immortal.
DallasTeleAg
Average Joe said:

I'm pissed I didn't get a key. Thousands of hours into 3, but no joy because I didn't give into the cash grab that is immortal.
I didn't do Diablo Immortal. I only played D3 and D2 resurrected.

Also, does you Battle.net account have the option checked to opt in for Betas? You have to manually do that.

Edit: What I mean is I didn't spend money on Immortal. I played it to max level then dropped it.
Average Joe
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Average Joe said:

I didn't do Diablo Immortal. I only played D3 and D2 resurrected.

Also, does you Battle.net account have the option checked to opt in for Betas? You have to manually do that.

Edit: What I mean is I didn't spend money on Immortal. I played it to max level then dropped it.

I only played D3. Didn't play immortal or D2 resurrected at all. And yeah, it's checked in battle.net.

I think getting to the end game on immortal was one of the big qualifiers whether you spent money or not.

It's fine, I'll survive until it releases.
Madmarttigan
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I may or may not have just played for a couple of hours...

Well go on
Hagen95
AG
It's pretty fun so far.
Dread Pirate Roberts
I really hope this is a great game. I've played off an on since 2001. My wife and kids have played it with me, but this time we'll get to go through it and experience it together.
Claude!
Hagen95 said:

It's pretty fun so far.
Hey man, no spoilers.
Madmarttigan
AG
AtlAg05
AG
I'm curious how a battle pass will work in D4. The ultimate edition had an "accelerated" option added as well.
WGann3
AG
Gonna be some heart attacks when people see these pre-order prices, link below (PC version). What do we know about these "Battle Passes"? Are they cosmetic seasonal rewards only? Surely they aren't going to charge us $69.99 for the base game, whatever they wind up charging for expansions, AND lock content behind paid battle passes... right? RIGHT? If it's just cosmetic stuff locked behind those battle passes I could care less, but I'm not real familiar with them and how they've worked in modern games.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/diablo-iv
AtlAg05
AG
What I've seen is two paths, non paying have one track with reward, paid pass will additional rewards.

I believe they have said no P2W, so they can't really do anything but cosmetics.
Cromagnum
AG
Blizzard has turned into greedy ****s. I would not be surprised at all to see content that people actually want locked behind a paywall.
aezmvp
AtlAg05 said:

What I've seen is two paths, non paying have one track with reward, paid pass will additional rewards.

I believe they have said no P2W, so they can't really do anything but cosmetics.
It's not like Fortnite hasn't made a mint on cosmetics. It's possible to do. But I have a feeling it will be a bit of both. Blizzard isn't a great company like it used to be.
Hagen95
AG
Nice trailer. I'm not preordering yet. I'm hoping the battle pass is similar to Warzone where it is just cosmetics. After playing the closed beta, I'm not sure I would fork over battle pass repeatedly for that content.
txag2k
AG
Pre-ordering for the D3 pet
DallasTeleAg
We'll see what changes they make to the end game from the closed beta. My biggest issue with the closed beta was: What is my goal, now?

Is the goal just to keep leveling to 100? For someone in their mid-30's, that is not something that keeps me playing a game. I would jump back into D3 every season, because I liked the challenge of completing the season journey. I know they will have seasons in D4, but really hope they also introduce the idea of the season journey challenges.

The end-game was pretty much several ways to gain more loot, gain more exp, and unlock harder versions of the dungeons. This gave you levels to apply to your paragon boards. You chose the paragon board based on your build. However, the loot was all just higher level iterations of the same thing you had before. There is a lot of searching for a particular legendary power that you can then remove and apply to a new item. These were all extremely imperative in your build's ability to scale as you level.

I actually stopped playing about a week before the end of the beta because I was getting bored with it.

I also halfway liked the dungeons, but also found them lackluster. If you are going to create a static number of dungeons, which are always the same layout, then add more customization to them. Make each one feel very different or add some "awe" moments when exploring them. There are usually 2-4 sections of a dungeon, which you have to unlock by killing a certain number of something, collecting a certain number of something, or killing a boss. But the dungeons looked procedurally generated, though they were always the same when you reset them.

Combat was great and fast, which I really liked. Frost/Ice attacks were OP in PvP and was the best form of CC.

Also, though there are seemingly several ways to find loot and gain exp, the nightmare dungeons were imperative for you to do for rewards and such. But, like I said before, you were literally recycling the same layout and dungeon over and over again.
Madmarttigan
AG
How much did gear/level play a role in PvP and did it give any exp/items to play it?

Also I'm hoping they add more dungeons from the beta?
DallasTeleAg
There were two PvP zones that I went to a few times, but the mechanics were still a little confusing. Sometimes other players were tagged as an enemy, sometimes they weren't.

Level definitely played a role there, probably because of paragon points. If someone is 4+ levels higher than you, you get rocked. When you kill mobs, they dropped a regional resource (can't remember names of things anymore). If you killed a player, they dropped all of their collected resource, which you could then pick up. There were 5 points in the region you could go to and start a ritual that converted those resources to a spendable currency at the region's town for gear and cosmetics. Once you start the ritual, it notifies local players, so they can come and interrupt your ritual.

Certain times of day, the area was dead, so it was easy. Sometimes there's a higher level ice mage who just mercies you and makes you go somewhere else.

The mobs in the area are standard mobs, as well as regional events, so you can farm gear and exp from that as well. If you were to get a team of 4 do do everything, you would own the zone.
Madmarttigan
AG
Ah for some reason I was hoping they had battlegrounds like Diablo immortal.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.