Diablo IV

92,046 Views | 1186 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Cromagnum
WGann3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't had a chance to read through all of these, but one of my thoughts about the sweeping nerfs was the people complaining on Reddit may not be considering these things and how much power they may add.
Hagen95
AG
WGann3 said:

I was planning on going Necro in S1, but was waiting on these patch notes to figure out what sort of build. Wasn't Bone Spear heavily dependent on Crit/Vuln or did I make that up in my head?
Yes, BS and vulnerable go hand in hand.
Cromagnum
AG
Rogues benefit greatly from siphoning strikes, but with the new change, unless you run combo point / penshot like my current build, you can forget that. That's 80% lucky hit when comboed.

Quote:

So, with this new patch certain abilities/passives now REQUIRE 75% lucky hit in order to activate.
One such passive is rogue's siphoning strikes. Can someone tell me how the hell I'm suppose to reach 75% lucky hit threshold? Twisting Blades has 33% so I would need 42% extra lucky hit for siphoning strikes to work on a crit. Forget Flurry since that's only 10% innate lucky hit.
Cromagnum
AG
Assuming I can farm up a tempest roar, I think I may try a Wolfnado in season.
Cromagnum
AG
Players today reporting that Helltide is absolute garbage now. 30 minutes of farming gets your about 100 cinders. Events are giving folks like 8-10 only now.
FatZilla
AG
Those hearts pretty much all suck maby 3-4 out of all class ones are useful

This is going to be on probably 95% builds pushing end game with all the survivability nerfs.
Prudent Heart (Brutal, Defensive-World Tier III): You become Immune for 2.0-4.0 seconds after you lose more than 20% Life in a single hit. This effect can only occur once every 110 seconds.
flintdragon
AG
Madmarttigan said:

All you need is a mouse with 6-8 buttons, there are a lot of gaming mouses that you should be able to use. If you get one with 8-10 can probably bind Mount and potions and such.
what if I only play on xbox
Madmarttigan
AG
WGann3 said:

I haven't had a chance to read through all of these, but one of my thoughts about the sweeping nerfs was the people complaining on Reddit may not be considering these things and how much power they may add.

This exactly
Formerly tv1113
Madmarttigan
AG
Actually think it is the one that can give flat 20% DR
Formerly tv1113
Breggy Popup
AG
Cromagnum said:

Players today reporting that Helltide is absolute garbage now. 30 minutes of farming gets your about 100 cinders. Events are giving folks like 8-10 only now.
Fantastic. Cinder drops suck and mystery chests raised by 43%.
Madmarttigan
AG
I didn't see that they nerfed cinder drops? Just increased the chest.

Just looking at stuff I think rend Barb, poison imbue rogue, frozen orb sorc, summoner necro could all be things this season.

Formerly tv1113
AtlAg05
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Just looking at stuff I think rend Barb, poison imbue rogue, frozen orb sorc, summoner necro could all be things this season.

Next hot fix will correct the unintended cinder nerf
FatZilla
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Actually think it is the one that can give flat 20% DR
Revenge (Brutal, Defensive-World Tier III): 10-20% of incoming damage is instead suppressed. When you use a Defensive, Subterfuge or a Macabre skill, all suppressed damage is amplified by 250% and explodes, dealing up to 1360-2040 Fire damage to Nearby enemies.

Does it though? What does that effect mean? I don't see it on anything right now so was unsure how it would work on a player. I can see this effect being 2 different things. 1 its pure DR like you said in which case its 100% required or 2, you still take the same damage but the heart captures it as well to use as a future attack.

The suppressor affix on mobs is the bubble that blocks ranged attacks so that doesnt help much on determining it.

Hagen95
AG
Looks like minions are back in order for necros. Get that unique ring to make it worthwhile!
FatZilla
AG
Hagen95 said:

Looks like minions are back in order for necros. Get that unique ring to make it worthwhile!
https://diablo4.wiki.fextralife.com/Ring+of+Mendeln
This one right?

Paired with these 2 could be interesting but would need to boost resource gen heavily to stay afloat.

The Decrepit Aura (Brutal, Defensive): When at least 5 enemies are near you, gain an aura that automatically curses surrounding enemies with Decrepify for 5-15 seconds.

The Great Feast (Wrathful, Super-World Tier IV): Each Minion drains 1.0-2.0 Essence per second but deals 50-75% increased damage. With no Minions, this bonus applies to you and drains 5 Essence per second.
Drake aTm
AG
Anyone want to help me power level my necro? Lvl 50 right now and want to try and take advantage of the minion buffs
txag2k
AG
If I understand it correctly (I may not) but PL'ing is basically dead, no? Anyone?
FatZilla
AG
txag2k said:

If I understand it correctly (I may not) but PL'ing is basically dead, no? Anyone?

Max of 15% bonus now and max of +10 levels of credit for mobs killed. Still would work but will be drastically slower.
Madmarttigan
AG
You don't need resources with a minion build pretty much just spam a basic ability
Formerly tv1113
FatZilla
AG
Madmarttigan said:

You don't need resources with a minion build pretty much just spam a basic ability

With max minions though i dont think base regen will handle it. Youll end up with none and no bonus.
Faustus
AtlAg05 said:

Madmarttigan said:

Next hot fix will correct the unintended cinder nerf

Played last night on a level 86 whirlwind barb after downloading the patch and not reading the notes.

The cooldown nerf left me out of fury kiting around for unexpected periods of time, and the crit and vulnerable damage nerfs also hit me where it hurts. Then farming the Helltides was incredibly unrewarding.

Just what one wants to encourage you to do it all again in Season 1. There was no joy in Mudville yesterday.
Hagen95
AG
Yes. There are a few different builds around that ring. One doesn't even use resource much at all so it would work great with those auras from the season.
FatZilla
AG
Hagen95 said:

Yes. There are a few different builds around that ring. One doesn't even use resource much at all so it would work great with those auras from the season.

Its what i want to run tbh. I loved the pet build in beta but it was weak sauce. The new heart can make them very strong but if you get a bad roll with 2 essence per pet, your regen cant handle that at base. Gotta see how much + resource regen i would need to stack to offset it.
Forum Troll
AG
Gonna make a rogue tonight to try for a bit before season 1 starts. Leaning sorc despite the concerns.
WGann3
AG
New Nightmare Dungeons list, don't think I saw this posted here yet.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/news/new-nightmare-dungeons-for-season-1
Cromagnum
AG
WGann3 said:

New Nightmare Dungeons list, don't think I saw this posted here yet.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/news/new-nightmare-dungeons-for-season-1

I like variety, but I hope they have ones as farmable as Blind Burrows and Guulrahn Canals.
I Like Mike
AG
Best summary of patch notes yet.
bbattbq01
AG
Not sure at all what I'll play tomorrow, just that I'll play.
txag2k
AG

Nailed it.
WGann3
AG
I never made any alts. What's the play when you skip campaign to level? Just run around and do side quests/dungeons to farm renown? Tree of Whispers? Then NM dungeons when available?

Going to make a Necro of some sort but just realized I have no idea what to do for efficiency once I finish the new campaign content that I assume won't take too long.
Forum Troll
AG
Fastest is probably to spam certain strongholds until wt3 (one of the d4 youtubers has a good guide on this) then NM dungeons.
FatZilla
AG
WGann3 said:

I never made any alts. What's the play when you skip campaign to level? Just run around and do side quests/dungeons to farm renown? Tree of Whispers? Then NM dungeons when available?

Going to make a Necro of some sort but just realized I have no idea what to do for efficiency once I finish the new campaign content that I assume won't take too long.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1lJIPOom_2aRWkwzZHKGkkWU0mVCGV5kFZZXtgYuuYyo/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1630256473
BenFiasco14
AG
Man, I feel no desire to come back as of now, got bored real quick after 70
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Cromagnum
AG
This looks fun. I need one. Apparently van ricochet multiple times, and with trickshot ricochet can split.

Cromagnum
AG
Blessings system explained.

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/season-blessings-explained-diablo-4-battle-pass-333080

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.