Diablo IV

106,876 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by txag2k
spieg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum said:

Only real complaint is how we are limited to 6 buttons for skill slots. You can have WAY more than that on certain builds, but it was decided to treat PC players like console players and limit what they can can put on their bar.

From what I remember that was an intentional game balance decision to not have more skill slots so as to not have completely broken OP characters. I don't think it had anything to do with PC vs console.
Cromagnum
AG
spieg12 said:

Cromagnum said:

Only real complaint is how we are limited to 6 buttons for skill slots. You can have WAY more than that on certain builds, but it was decided to treat PC players like console players and limit what they can can put on their bar.

From what I remember that was an intentional game balance decision to not have more skill slots so as to not have completely broken OP characters. I don't think it had anything to do with PC vs console.

Could be. At the very least give a dedicated button for ultimates so it's not a decision between having one vs giving up a skill you had already invested in.
Naveronski
AG
Diablo ad in NYC plus the Canadian fire smoke.
Cromagnum
AG
Nice. I see the servers are completely ****ed right now. 4 hour login queue.
Hagen95
AG
Sounds like a good night to hit the bar instead of running dungeons then!
bbattbq01
AG
I got through queue and got couldn't find valid license, restarted battle.net and now have an 11 hour queue lol
WGann3
AG
The server issues are music to my ears. Had sick wife and had to evacuate kids to my moms house for the day/night and won't be able to get back on until tomorrow.
bbattbq01
AG
WGann3 said:

The server issues are music to my ears. Had sick wife and had to evacuate kids to my moms house for the day/night and won't be able to get back on until tomorrow.

YOU DIDNT HAVE TO BRING THE REST OF US DOWN WITH YOU!

(Hope your wife feels better soon)
WGann3
AG
Haha! I'm sorry, I want you all to be able to play I promise. Wife is doing better thanks!
Cromagnum
AG
Up to a 30 hour queue now. Back to streetfighter 6 (who's servers are also ****ed right now)
hph6203
AG
I went from a 10 hour queue to a 4 minute queue and got in.
bbattbq01
AG
Just in time to knock off ashava for five whispers!
All I do is Nguyen
Made it to world tier 3 today and first dungeon my buddy and I ran into the butcher and were able to down him.
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
txag2k
AG
txag2k said:

if anyone is interested in joining our clan add me txag2k#1789 or a few others here so we can send an invite. There is a link to our discord on one of these pages.

Clan: Aggie Nation (TXAG)
Quote:

Aggie Nation (TexAgs Nerdery Discord)
Discord invite
BenFiasco14
AG
txag2k said:

if anyone is interested in joining our clan add me txag2k#1789 or a few others here so we can send an invite. There is a link to our discord on one of these pages.

Clan: Aggie Nation (TXAG)

I sent you a friend request. It's benfiasco#1420
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
PapaKilo
AG
Just joined in the clan today
MediAg13
AG
Just realized this thread was here. Loving Diablo 4 so far
Cromagnum
AG
May not be on today but will be for sure tomorrow night. I just met Meshif but am already level 50 (hilarious that he thinks that Lorath is Deckard). Need to power through the rest of yellow quests so i get T3 unlocked.
WGann3
AG
We're almost on identical paths… just a couple main quests ahead of you and I just hit 48. Meshif was cracking me up. I am just thoroughly enjoying everything about this game. Built a high end machine a year ago for this and it's such a sight to behold, I just run around for hours with a huge grin on my face.

The game isn't perfect but the base game is in such a good spot. I can't wait to see where they take this thing for years to come, I may not play anything else.
MediAg13
AG
Cromagnum said:

May not be on today but will be for sure tomorrow night. I just met Meshif but am already level 50 (hilarious that he thinks that Lorath is Deckard). Need to power through the rest of yellow quests so i get T3 unlocked.

Also just hit 50 and am trying to get T3 unlocked. Actually having trouble with one of the bosses at the start of Act 6.
XXXVII
Thinking about getting this game tonight, but not sure which class to run with. Is the necromancer any good? I remember it being the worst in Diablo 2.
WGann3
AG
Roll whatever you want to roll would be my recommendation. Every class is viable and meta will be changing constantly I'm sure, if that's something you're worried about.

D2 changed a ton over the years too but Necros always had a pretty diverse build options list, I don't ever remember there being a period of Necros being the worst but maybe there was a patch mixed in there at some point that this was the case.

Cromagnum
AG
There are a handful of builds for each character that all seem to work fine. IcyVeins has good guides for pointers.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d4/
MediAg13
AG
Necromancer is really good in this one but all classes are viable
Lathspell
AG
Necro levels fast in the early game but starts to become much weaker in the later game. Barb, Rogue and Druid seem to be the strongest late game, but that really comes down to if you are playing post 70. Also, as has been mentioned, it's very possible Blizzard releases buffs to those classes by the time you get there.

I hope they stop nerfing classes to lower them to Necro and just buff necro and the others.
MediAg13
AG
Curator is rough
easttexasaggie04
AG
I've never played a Diablo game. How easy are they to play for a total noob?
BenFiasco14
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Very easy, imo. Pick a class, and then go start committing genocide against demons.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Lathspell
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Builds only really become important once you start T3, so around level 50 and after the campaign.

Until then, just about anything will kill monsters, and best in slot gear is perfectly fine. If you are the type who actually wants to push end game and level up after the campaign, then you should look into some of the meta builds for whichever class you go for.
javajaws
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Made it to world tier 3 today and first dungeon my buddy and I ran into the butcher and were able to down him.
I'm about 50/50 on killing The Butcher or him killing me (out of about 8 encounters). As a fire sorc its easier now than it was pre-level 50. Easiest way is to kite him in a circle around a pillar and let him slowly die with dots (hydra and whatever else I can get off while running around like a little girl).
javajaws
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

Builds only really become important once you start T3, so around level 50 and after the campaign.

Until then, just about anything will kill monsters, and best in slot gear is perfectly fine. If you are the type who actually wants to push end game and level up after the campaign, then you should look into some of the meta builds for whichever class you go for.
Even beyond level 50 you can still "play for fun" if you have no expectations of seeing how far/fast you can push yourself in nightmare dungeons. There will be inevitable nerfs/buffs to all classes so just play what's enjoyable and if you reach a stalling point maybe just roll a different class and start over. Or respec and try a different build.
javajaws
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Necro levels fast in the early game but starts to become much weaker in the later game. Barb, Rogue and Druid seem to be the strongest late game, but that really comes down to if you are playing post 70. Also, as has been mentioned, it's very possible Blizzard releases buffs to those classes by the time you get there.

I hope they stop nerfing classes to lower them to Necro and just buff necro and the others.
Pretty much any class can handle wt3 content easily enough. Its pretty much too easy now for my level 62 fire sorc so I'll try out the wt4 access/capstone dungeon tonight then see how much harder it is.

Does anyone know how the nightmare dungeons work with respect to what main difficulty level you are playing on? Is a wt3 nightmare level 1 dungeon the same as a wt4 nightmare level 1 dungeon? Or does both difficulty settings stack together (which is what I assume will happen when I try t4)?
Cromagnum
AG
Shako in this one is just obscene. It's one of the rarest two items in the game as well (The Grandfather is the other one).

WGann3
AG
People on Reddit were complaining it wasn't good if you want an example of people complaining about literally anything. Looks incredible for every possible build to me.
Lathspell
AG
javajaws said:

DallasTeleAg said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

Even beyond level 50 you can still "play for fun" if you have no expectations of seeing how far/fast you can push yourself in nightmare dungeons. There will be inevitable nerfs/buffs to all classes so just play what's enjoyable and if you reach a stalling point maybe just roll a different class and start over. Or respec and try a different build.
My point... so there's not point in playing unless you are pushing. Also, you can "play for fun" if you are rocking a true build. Just throwing points around without thinking will not work in T3 hell tides.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.