Diablo IV

106,252 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by txag2k
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Continuing to fix things that should have been in the base game.

Limited end game addition.

I can't believe we are going to be on season 2 of Diablo 4 with absolutely no new end game content that the Diablo franchise hasn't seen before, and debatably still less than what Diablo 3 had.

Hope there is more to come we shall see. They need to either improve end game itemization to make it more rewarding or make better end game content. The game is fun until 80-85 but then I give it an F grade after that. Respeccing is awful, Helltides are super easy, my eyes glaze over going through all the rares, enchanting is ridiculously expensive and nm dungeons are boring with no group finder. On top of that some idiots convinced them to screw up level scaling in the open world making it even more pointless to do open world outside of Helltides.

The laughable part is this means their seasonal content malignant tunnels gives little to no exp.
Formerly tv1113
WGann3
AG
Right? There's some good stuff in S2… but how did we have this long between D3 and D4 and not get this sort of stuff at launch.

I truly hope this evolves into an awesome game, but I'm also pumped Titan Quest 2 and Last Epoch are on the horizon… and dare I even say Path of Exile 2. PoE never hooked me, but I've liked what I've seen of PoE2, it's just quite a ways off. So if D4 never figures it out, we've got some potentially good ARPG alternatives on the way. If one of them turns out to be great at launch, D4 could be in trouble so they better get their act together quick! Maybe the ARPG pressure will help.
AtlAg05
AG
Hopefully it includes more stash space, but Inhope they don't think the gem thing makes up for it.

I also don't understand 5 endgame bosses but they aren't all new? We see enough of the bosses in the NM dungeons, I don't want to see them with just more health.
Hagen95
AG
But did they nerf sorc?
Madmarttigan
AG
Hagen95 said:

But did they nerf sorc?

Always
Formerly tv1113
Cromagnum
AG
I hope they give us a reason to actually play barb.
ChoppinDs40
AG
glad I didn't roll one. I loved my barb in D2... WW and life leach FTW.

Luckily I random picked the druid and it's been a blast. Pulverize ftw.
MediAg13
AG
My only frustration with druid is that I can't find tempest roar
ChoppinDs40
AG
is that an aspect?
MediAg13
AG
Unique helm
Cromagnum
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

glad I didn't roll one. I loved my barb in D2... WW and life leach FTW.

Luckily I random picked the druid and it's been a blast. Pulverize ftw.

Druid has a handful of viable builds. I've been using a modified trampleslide the whole time.
htownag08
AG
I've played rogue so far and it's been a blast - I think Druid will be my go-to for Season 2 - seems like a fun option.
PapaKilo
AG
Bone spear necro is EZ mode with the automatic corpse explosion and tendrils in season 1. Love it.
Wheatables02
AG
I've got a 61 rogue now. When should I use my barber? When I have dome endgame gear?
Madmarttigan
AG
If I'm not mistaken wrathful invokers actually drop pretty frequently now so might not be terrible to get another if you wait for an ancestral jewelry that is decent, can farm one without as much pain for a more perfect piece.
Formerly tv1113
BowSowy
AG
If you spend an hour farming a malignant tunnel, you'll end up with at least 1-2 barbers. They greatly buffed the wrathful rates
Cromagnum
AG
Season 2 gonna be all like:

Ancestral Aspect of vampirism: 1% Lucky Hit chance (0.1-5%) to heal with your vampiric powers 0.1% (0.001-0.1%) of your maximum base life. (For 0.125 seconds, and only on long range enemies that had pancakes for breakfast, but no syrup).
Claude!
Cromagnum said:

Season 2 gonna be all like:

Ancestral Aspect of vampirism: 1% Lucky Hit chance (0.1-5%) to heal with your vampiric powers 0.1% (0.001-0.1%) of your maximum base life. (For 0.125 seconds, and only on long range enemies that had pancakes for breakfast, but no syrup).
Pancakes but no syrup? Those enemies are definitely from hell.
Madmarttigan
AG
Tell me they at least use butter
Formerly tv1113
Sq1dvm
AG
Allright, so I'm not nearly as fast as all y'all at this and am new to Diablo. I just now beat the campaign and am at level 47. So now I find all the Lilith statues and renown while leveling up enough to beat Tier 2 capstone so I can unlock tier 3? If that's correct how high a level should I get before trying capstone?
Lathspell
AG
... it's a video game. Go try it and find out.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Sq1dvm said:

Allright, so I'm not nearly as fast as all y'all at this and am new to Diablo. I just now beat the campaign and am at level 47. So now I find all the Lilith statues and renown while leveling up enough to beat Tier 2 capstone so I can unlock tier 3? If that's correct how high a level should I get before trying capstone?

Beat Lilith last night. I will say, what a campaign. Best one they've done yet.

I don't really know what to do now… just work on dungeons and season chapter achievements?

Try some world bosses? Get some malignant hearts?
EastSideAg2002
Im still working on renown and I am 62, lolcasual.
Hagen95
AG
Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it. I should finally hit 100 this weekend. Probably roll another character and maybe go hc for fun.
BowSowy
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Sq1dvm said:

Beat Lilith last night. I will say, what a campaign. Best one they've done yet.

I don't really know what to do now… just work on dungeons and season chapter achievements?

Try some world bosses? Get some malignant hearts?
Do you plan to keep playing in future seasons, or are you looking to just push this character to late game and then move on?

First goal would probably be to run around and get all of the altars of Lilith and the waypoints. Uncover the map, do the strongholds, and do a few quests in each zone and you'll get the +10 skill points through renown. Those transfer over to any new character you roll.

If you think you'll come back in future seasons, grind out the rest of your renown because the +max obols and +20 paragon points will carry over in the future (it's not currently in the game now).

If you want to push this character, just work on leveling to get to higher world tiers. Whispers are a great way to level early on and get gear when you're early in a new WT. Helltides are also great for getting geared up. You can collect the cinders at a lower WT and then switch to a higher WT to turn them in. Mystery chests require 250 cinders but they give the best gear by far. There are two per helltide and they reset at the top of the hour. Helltides.com will have a map showing where the mystery chests are located, they don't show on your map until you get close to them.
Cromagnum
AG
I hope this means we get a D4 endgame one soon.

Compilation of older ones but still hilarious.

Madmarttigan
AG
I want to complete the season but damn I don't feel like getting to 100.
Formerly tv1113
Cromagnum
AG
Madmarttigan said:

I want to complete the season but damn I don't feel like getting to 100.

The reward for completing the season journey is ass anyways. I got 3 yellows and some mats.
BowSowy
AG
Don't forget the one-time use scroll of amnesia. Why did they not make that thing unlimited use for the rest of the season?
Madmarttigan
AG
Scroll of amnesia is the least of the problems with respeccing. The entire paragon UI needs to be reworked. Aspect saving needs to be reworked. There needs to be a way to save builds in some form. Respeccing is just awful and takes hours if you build your own paragon boards.

If they don't add anymore end game than a few bosses I'm out for season 2. There is just so much wrong with this game past level 80.
Formerly tv1113
Cromagnum
AG
25% xp boost this weekend, but no indication if it's additive or multiplicative.
WGann3
AG
Perfect timing for me to miss to head to CS for the opener
Wheatables02
AG
Is no one playing? I keep messaging people and have seen no one online in 4 days???
ChoppinDs40
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Is no one playing? I keep messaging people and have seen no one online in 4 days???

Currently 56. Is there nothing to do other than nightmare dungeons at this point? And helltides. Seems like an endless grind of dungeons
FatZilla
AG
This game has been dead for weeks. Its already lost like 98% of its active population. I moved on to actually fun games like BG3 a while back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.