Diablo IV

92,053 Views | 1186 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Cromagnum
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BowSowy said:

The blatant disrespect for DAoC

DAoC was my first 3D MMO. Coming from the OG Lineage it blew me away.

Albion for life
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
BowSowy
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

DallasTeleAg said:

XXXVII said:

What does CC and proc mean? There's already too much gobbledygook in this game.
Those have nothing to do specifically with Diablo. Those are extremely common acronyms in RPG's.

... I'm sorry, in Role Playing Games.

Dude, why are you so high and mighty? I'd roll my eyes if someone talked like you about their job, let alone a game. Nobody likes a gatekeeper. Sheesh.
Did you know that he only plays games on the hardest possible difficult setting? Well if you didn't, he will be sure to tell you. What a dork
BowSowy
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

BowSowy said:

Albion for life
The RvR they had in the original game is still my holy grail for PvP in RPGs. So incredibly fun.
WGann3
AG
There's a private Warhammer Online server called Return of Reckoning that is still going strong. I hopped in for like a full year of it during Covid and it was an effing blast. Definitely hit some DAoC nostalgia feels.
flintdragon
AG
Nothing will ever top playing EQ sitting in the desert for days camping some spot a giant spawns at for the chance at his boots to make you walk faster... journeymen boots if I recall correctly.
Breggy Popup
AG
flintdragon said:

Nothing will ever top playing EQ sitting in the desert for days camping some spot a giant spawns at for the chance at his boots to make you walk faster... journeymen boots if I recall correctly.

Ancient Cyclops in the Oasis. You recall correctly, JBoots.

Regarding DAoC, RvR was the best PVP concept ever. That was so fun. I was excited when Mark Jacobs announced he was developing Camelot Unchained but it looks like vaporware at this point. It has been in beta since 2018. The concepts for CU are amazing. If anyone remembers Shadowbane, take the player built housing/realm combined with the RvR concept from DAoC and you have CU.
DallasTeleAg
BenFiasco14 said:

DallasTeleAg said:

XXXVII said:

Those have nothing to do specifically with Diablo. Those are extremely common acronyms in RPG's.

Dude, why are you so high and mighty? I'd roll my eyes if someone talked like you about their job, let alone a game. Nobody likes a gatekeeper. Sheesh.
In what way am I gatekeeping or being high and mighty? He specifically singled out two words as being gobbledygook and I said those are simply terms used in all RPGs.

Pot... meet kettle.
DallasTeleAg
BowSowy said:

BenFiasco14 said:

DallasTeleAg said:

XXXVII said:

Did you know that he only plays games on the hardest possible difficult setting? Well if you didn't, he will be sure to tell you. What a dork
Says the guy who literally posted this phrase:

"The RvR they had in the original game is still my holy grail for PvP in RPGs. So incredibly fun."

The hypocrisy is astounding!
FatZilla
AG
Bregxit said:

flintdragon said:

Ancient Cyclops in the Oasis. You recall correctly, JBoots.

Regarding DAoC, RvR was the best PVP concept ever. That was so fun. I was excited when Mark Jacobs announced he was developing Camelot Unchained but it looks like vaporware at this point. It has been in beta since 2018. The concepts for CU are amazing. If anyone remembers Shadowbane, take the player built housing/realm combined with the RvR concept from DAoC and you have CU.

Were jboots the clickable spirit of the wolf buff boots? Man eq was fun in its hayday. The mage epic 1.0 was a horrible farm. The dam cloak from the Pegasus. I ran that field for days straight killing them on pop and never got my cloak. Had to buy a turnin for 10k plat from someone else to get my 1.0. Such a powerful summon it gave you. Cleric 1.0 was the same but for the underground npc on a 72hr spawn timer who would immediately despawn upon him giving you the item. I ran those caves for 24hr straight to get him luckily.

I do miss my shaman main though. The versatility of the shaman was so much fun. Could easily main heal groups rare farming for runes or spell drops. Bringing decent DOT dps, the best slows and near the top heals always made finding groups easy. The cannibalize function was so unique, i remember having multiple HOT clickables and a direct heal or 2 always in my bags or in a bag slot for insta clicking right after eating 2/3 of my hp for mana. The grind to my lvl 300 potion grandmaster bag was a ton of farming too. Guild bank always had mind and health pots stocked in it from grinding potions levels.
BowSowy
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

BowSowy said:

BenFiasco14 said:

DallasTeleAg said:

XXXVII said:

Says the guy who literally posted this phrase:

"The RvR they had in the original game is still my holy grail for PvP in RPGs. So incredibly fun."

The hypocrisy is astounding!
Sorry, you might have gotten confused. RvR = realm vs realm. PvP = player vs player. I like PvP because, in many ways, it's the hardest possible way to play a game. And if I'm not playing the game as hard as I can, how can I feel superior to everyone else?
BenFiasco14
AG
BowSowy said:

BenFiasco14 said:

BowSowy said:

Albion for life
The RvR they had in the original game is still my holy grail for PvP in RPGs. So incredibly fun.

I think there was a Camelot Unchained thread floating around here for awhile. That was my first reminder in years that was actually a thing. I went to the website and, I walked away thinking the creator had kinda lost his marbles a little bit. Sadly, I never see Unchained coming.

An update to DAoC on quality of life improvements and some performance updates would do a lot and I'd play it. Hell, I don't even need a full graphics rehaul as the way the game looked is nostalgic in an of itself.
BenFiasco14
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

DallasTeleAg said:

XXXVII said:

In what way am I gatekeeping or being high and mighty? He specifically singled out two words as being gobbledygook and I said those are simply terms used in all RPGs.

Pot... meet kettle.

My brother in Christ … someone asked a simple question. You didn't answer him, just responded like a smart alec
DallasTeleAg
No, someone made a tongue in cheek comment about the game, and I responded in a tongue in cheek way. Simple. For some reason, you were so offended by it that you felt the need to personally come after me.
txag2k
AG
Cromagnum
AG
Thanks for the help getting to T4 early at level 60. Granted, playing in T4 at this level and geared like I am, it feels like OG Torment from D3 when it first launched. It's getting better now that I've swapped out a couple pieces of gear with ancestral stuff, but I'm still 12 levels lower than the mobs
Cromagnum
AG
Have not tried it, but allegedly you can farm helltide at WT3, then flip to WT4 to sell cinders.
txag2k
AG
Cromagnum said:

Have not tried it, but allegedly you can farm helltide at WT3, then flip to WT4 to sell cinders.
WHOA!! Great for those who are struggling at WT4 but risk getting killed before making it to the mystery chest
Cromagnum
AG
txag2k said:

Cromagnum said:

WHOA!! Great for those who are struggling at WT4 but risk getting killed before making it to the mystery chest

Yeah, you would miss out on random loot and xp while you do this but seems a great way to transition from T3 to starter T4 gear. I'm gonna spend a couple hours doing this tonight before it gets patched out. ZERO chance they leave that as is.
DallasTeleAg
As long as you have a good build, the biggest barrier to being able to deal with T4 is getting your ancestral main weapon. That should be the first thing you farm for, and then fully upgrade it.
BenFiasco14
AG
txag2k said:

Cromagnum said:

I feel like you and I (mostly you) wiped out several generations worth of demons last night.
Madmarttigan
AG
I do think they have a lot of work to do on end game. Nightmare dungeons are so underwhelming and once you have a ton of forgotten souls/gold and get few upgrades Helltides lose their shine as well.

Helltides are easily the best thing though, nightmare dungeon exp and rewards are pretty bad, and tree of whispers is barely worth mentioning.
Formerly tv1113
Cromagnum
AG
I just hope it doesn't wind up with an extra 15 levels of Torment like D3 did.
DallasTeleAg
What's worrisome is that nothing has changed in 8-9 months. They did the end-game beta specifically to get feedback, apparently... and nothing changed.

Granted, I never was much of an end-game player of D2 back in the day, so simply leveling as high as possible being the goal was never something I was in to.

They need to make Nightmare dungeons much better for leveling and finding gear than a normal dungeon. They need to make some mechanic that forces you to do different nightmare dungeons, so you don't just spam the same one over and over.

I also think Nightmare dungeons should be like Greater Rifts. No more item drops during the dungeon itself. Have all loot drop from the bosses so you can focus on simply beating the dungeon for exp and then collect your rewards at the end.
Cromagnum
AG
They could make sigils work like in Hades, where you turn on certain things to tune the dungeon to higher levels.
Hagen95
AG
I'm not sure I'm going to make it to 90. The grind from 70 to 80 was real. I can only run so many nightmare dungeons.
Cromagnum
AG
Hagen95 said:

I'm not sure I'm going to make it to 90. The grind from 70 to 80 was real. I can only run so many nightmare dungeons.

I bet. One thing I liked about D3 paragon is that it was shared, so if you ran a season, your eternal realm characters all got a paragon bump at season close.
txag2k
AG
Cromagnum said:

Hagen95 said:

I bet. One thing I liked about D3 paragon is that it was shared, so if you ran a season, your eternal realm characters all got a paragon bump at season close.
Hopefully they will do something similar in D4 where you get at least a tiny bit of XP after each season. And tiny I mean for someone already like 88+.
Madmarttigan
AG
I can't really farm the same one over and over, my sigil RNG isn't that good. I'm fine with the randomness of sigils they just need to give way better exp and more items like helltide.

Helltide is so much better for exp and gear over every other activity it's not even close.

Also to all you people stop quickly ending blood siphon and jar of souls events, do you have any idea how many more mobs you get to slaughter in high density for exp and cinders if you let the clock run?
Formerly tv1113
AtlAg05
AG
Madmarttigan said:

I do think they have a lot of work to do on end game. Nightmare dungeons are so underwhelming and once you have a ton of forgotten souls/gold and get few upgrades Helltides lose their shine as well.

Helltides are easily the best thing though, nightmare dungeon exp and rewards are pretty bad, and tree of whispers is barely worth mentioning.

The tree is worthless, I don't understand how on WT4 and getting a grand cache from the tree results in no legendaries or only sacred.
Cromagnum
AG
Torn between grinding my last two regions of renown out for the 8 paragon on T3, or just running helltide on T4 right now.

Well, thanks to a couple folks who helped on helltides last night, I have a good starter set of mostly ancestral gear to get me going and can now run the rest of my dungeons solo on T4 to finish up.
Cromagnum
AG
Patch notes up.
Tons of fixes (not copied here).
A few class balance changes (also not copied here)

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes

That should be the end of spending T3 cinders for T4 loot:
Fixed an issue where Caches with World Tier conditions could be brought into higher World Tiers and provide rewards for that world tier.

Gameplay Adjustments
Experience Rewards
Significantly increased the experience awarded for completing Nightmare Dungeons.
Significantly increased the experience gained from killing monsters in Nightmare Dungeons.
Helltide chests now provide substantially more bonus experience when opened.
Significantly increased rewarded experience from completing individual Whispers across the board.
Fixed an issue where no experience was awarded for completing the hold out style event that can occur after finishing dungeon objectives.
General
The Helltide Roaming bosses will now more consistently drop higher quality loot.
Players can now teleport to their Nightmare Dungeon directly through the map.
Weekly bonus caches from world bosses no longer have a level requirement for opening.

Developer's Note: We are currently working on increasing the monster and elite density of end-game content and plan to introduce this change early in Season 1.

Developer's Note: We're continuing our efforts to make all Class builds feel fun and powerful with another round of balance updates. In particular, we have seen community feedback stating that Basic Skills aren't impactful enough in combat. These changes will not change the fundamental relationship between Basic Skills and Core Skills, but we hope that they help smooth out the leveling experience while we explore additional ways to strengthen them. We are also increasing the power of some Skills that players feel are lagging behind their peers. As we look forward to future updates, we're monitoring other heavily discussed topics, such as Minion survivability and build parity. Please keep sending us your feedback, and we'll see you in Sanctuary
txag2k
AG
Quote:

• Fixed an issue where the Shop would not properly load if the player dies while in Checkout.

OH THANK GOODNESS!!
BenFiasco14
AG
Direct portals to the nightmare dungeons
BenFiasco14
AG
txag2k said:

Quote:

• Fixed an issue where the Shop would not properly load if the player dies while in Checkout.

OH THANK GOODNESS!!

Diablo IV Black Friday world events bro.
Average Joe
AG
Looks like the XP boost is more than significant for ND.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.