Diablo IV

106,250 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by txag2k
txag2k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wheatables02 said:

AtlAg05 said:

PeekingDuck said:

Everyone hated the initial D3 endgame, because it was terrible. The existing D3 is nothing like the initial D3.

Crazy to think where D3 endgame was just the campaign, compared to where it is now.

I have an almost 70 sorc and cannot get the aspect to make blizzard dmg scale. I'm not sure why a critical aspect for a build isn't available in the codex, I would gladly take a min roll.

You talking about glacial?? If so, wow. Can't believe you haven't seen it yet.
Yup. it's crazy.
ConfidentAg
AG

Cromagnum
AG
Had a blast with 2K and Wheat last night staying up way too late running NMs. The grind to 100 before season 1 continues
Cromagnum
AG
This just in. Your damage ain't **** compared to this.

Post removed:
by user
zip04
AG
At level 71, I have all ancestral gear and half of it is over 800 item power. I rarely upgrade anything now because it has to be a very specific upgrade in order to beat my currently rolled gear.

Frankly, the most frustrating thing is holding onto my level 648 penitent greaves because I haven't found them with a higher drop.
Forum Troll
AG
So I leveled to wt3 playing a shred build as a druid. Worked ok but seemed a little slow on dps. Found the legendary that makes the tornadoes actually track enemies and paired it up with the tornado/hurricane leveling build on maxroll and an umbral aspect ring. Holy moly its amazing how much better this is. Just as tanky but literally 3 or 4 times the dps. Easily wrecked my first NM dungeon this evening and in a short amount of time.
txag2k
AG
txag2k said:

Wheatables02 said:

AtlAg05 said:

PeekingDuck said:

Everyone hated the initial D3 endgame, because it was terrible. The existing D3 is nothing like the initial D3.

Crazy to think where D3 endgame was just the campaign, compared to where it is now.

I have an almost 70 sorc and cannot get the aspect to make blizzard dmg scale. I'm not sure why a critical aspect for a build isn't available in the codex, I would gladly take a min roll.

You talking about glacial?? If so, wow. Can't believe you haven't seen it yet.
Yup. it's crazy.
He finally got it still @ level 69 *Niiiice" LMAO
FatZilla
AG
Looks like shred build already confirmed being nerfed. GG druids, atleast you had 2 weeks of a fun build before you even play a season.
WGann3
AG
Just found a WIndforce off a treasure goblin in the PvP zone haha. Such a shame crossbows put regular bows to shame, but gotta admit I still got a dopamine hit from seeing my all time favorite Diablo item in D4. Going in the stash and hoping for some bow improvements to be announced Tuesday in the patch notes.
ConfidentAg
AG
Remember rocking a windforce in D1
zip04
AG
I haven't found a crossbow that performs better than my bow yet.
WGann3
AG
Is there something specific about your build that the attack speed improvement makes a big difference? The automatic vulnerable damage on xbows versus distant enemy damage on bows makes such a massive difference in favor of xbows. I would MUCH rather use a regular bow but the gap is massive.
Madmarttigan
AG
zip04 said:

I haven't found a crossbow that performs better than my bow yet.

I don't think you are doing it right. Crossbows are universally better than bows. Not even close.
Formerly tv1113
zip04
AG
I am using the skyhunter unique bow and it gives +180 Dex, +22.5% marksman skill damage, +42% crit, +3 ranks of exploit, and the first hit is guaranteed crit.
WGann3
AG
Nice, that one is definitely more useful than Windforce but still xbows out class it even with decent rolls from what I've seen.
Cromagnum
AG
WGann3 said:

Is there something specific about your build that the attack speed improvement makes a big difference? The automatic vulnerable damage on xbows versus distant enemy damage on bows makes such a massive difference in favor of xbows. I would MUCH rather use a regular bow but the gap is massive.

The game is at a point right now where if your build doesn't utilize vulnerable dmg, it's garbage.
Madmarttigan
AG
Yup which is why a cross bow is always always better. All unique bows are garbage in comparison.

I actually think vulnerable damage may be the worst thing they added to this game and one of their biggest head scratching design choices.

It's so overpoweringly good that it overshadows every single alternative build choice. It is most apparent in sorc/necro who basically have to run the same skills with every single build because of vulnerability.

It absolutely destroys build diversity.
Formerly tv1113
WGann3
AG
It definitely wasn't implemented well at all. Curious to see if/how it's addressed Tuesday.
Hagen95
AG
I'm holding out for a miracle item that will drop when I get over 100 of each of these CRAPPY GEMS I AM STASHING IN MY STASH. WHY DOES BLIZZARD LOVE GEMS SO MUCH???
zip04
AG
My bow does 2000 damage higher than the best crossbow I have found. I've run with both and the bow slightly out performs. My problem is I am not getting good drops very often at all. I'm running high 700/low 800 gear, but 95% of the drops I get are 600-640. I have yet to get a crossbow worth running, and again, that is with me leveling up the best ones I find and running them in world tier 4 nightmare dungeons to compare them to my bow.

With that being said, I 100% agree and can see that if I get one remotely close to the specs of my bow, it will greatly out perform it.

Edit to say that by 2000 more damage, I mean total attack power.
Madmarttigan
AG
You might be really surprised if you get a crossbow that gives you vuln damage baseline with 3/4 of the rolls being vuln/main stat/crit damage that it will still significantly outweigh the AP increase.
Formerly tv1113
zip04
AG

This is the build I started with before I merged it with a build posted on here. I've made a few other changes as well, but you get the point.
Forum Troll
AG
Am I nuts if I go sorc in season 1? Are there patch notes out yet?
Cromagnum
AG
Madmarttigan said:

You might be really surprised if you get a crossbow that gives you vuln damage baseline with 3/4 of the rolls being vuln/main stat/crit damage that it will still significantly outweigh the AP increase.

I completely ignore character sheet attack power. It really seems like it only looks at weapon DPS and possibly attack speed, crit/crit. That means squat with all the other affixes.

Just get a crossbow that has vulnerable dmg as an affix (it already comes with this default so you can double up). Then try to also find critical hit dmg, then increased dmg to whatever ailments you inflict (stun, daze poison, frozen, whatever). Level it up to max at the smith, slap two emeralds in it, and whatever aspect helps your build.

As I run penshot, my crossbow has
Inherent dmg to vulnerable
More dmg to vulnerable
Crit hit dmg
Imbued crit hit dmg
Dmg to dazed
And I keep trickshot on my 2H spot to go for 50% dmg.
I Like Mike
AG
Just hit 50 with my ice shard sorc. About to try capstone dungeon for WT2.
Madmarttigan
AG
Main stat actually out weighs the auxiliary dmg stats like damaged to close, damage to distant, to chilled, etc

Vuln dmg, crit dmg, main stat for weapons are top 3 stats. I did end up having some all stats just for paragon bonuses.

Vuln dmg, crit and crit dmg for rings.

Pants and chest are really good for defensive rolls.

I think +% dmg without a condition may be a part of the multiplicative pool as well but most of the dmg on condition stats are all additive and not as important.
Formerly tv1113
Cromagnum
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Main stat actually out weighs the auxiliary dmg stats like damaged to close, damage to distant, to chilled, etc

Vuln dmg, crit dmg, main stat for weapons are top 3 stats. I did end up having some all stats just for paragon bonuses.

Vuln dmg, crit and crit dmg for rings.

Pants and chest are really good for defensive rolls.

I think +% dmg without a condition may be a part of the multiplicative pool as well but most of the dmg on condition stats are all additive and not as important.

As far as I understand, if you see +% dmg [x], it's multiplicative.
FatZilla
AG

If your edition came with a battlepass...

"Can be claimed for S1 or a future season."

I am debating saving mine for S2 when they will actually fix **** i hope.
Madmarttigan
AG
I would basically save it for a cosmetic you like because that is all it's really good for.
Formerly tv1113
ConfidentAg
AG
What exactly is a battle pass?
Cromagnum
AG
ConfidentAg said:

What exactly is a battle pass?

It's a FOMO scheme to dupe players into coughing up money to grind cosmetics a bit faster than other people.
Cromagnum
AG
Apparently its a thing to get your high level character and camp the Lilith statue in the pvp zone to gank people. LOL. I may have to try.
txag2k
AG
Cromagnum said:

Apparently its a thing to get your high level character and camp the Lilith statue in the pvp zone to gank people. LOL. I may have to try.

LMAO like that one thorns AFK troll " try again"
Cromagnum
AG
Admit it, this is a way better name than The Butcher.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.