Diablo IV

92,048 Views | 1186 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Cromagnum
bbattbq01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Madmarttigan said:

When the hell does the mount quest come

Act IV.
Sq1dvm
AG
Having some buyer's remorse on the barbarian. Nothing wrong with it, but my kid started a necromancer and it looks pretty sweet. May give that or druid a try.
bbattbq01
AG
Beat the campaign tonight at lvl 45…. Time to do side quests to level up and then figure out what you're supposed to do after the campaign lol
Woods Ag
AG
Downloading the game right now. Really torn on what to play.

Rogue would be pretty typical for me
Necromancer is tempting but I'm always terrible with ranged dps.
Druid is meh

Not interested in the others
txag2k
AG
Woods Ag said:

Downloading the game right now. Really torn on what to play.

Rogue would be pretty typical for me
Necromancer is tempting but I'm always terrible with ranged dps.
Druid is meh

Not interested in the others
Pick one and play it for several levels, maybe make another around level 20 so see how you like it.
txag2k
AG
bbattbq01 said:

Beat the campaign tonight at lvl 45…. Time to do side quests to level up and then figure out what you're supposed to do after the campaign lol
I finished the game yesterday but was already level 51 with a few paragon. I just need to complete the one quest to unlock world tier 3.

LOVE THIS GAME.
txag2k
AG
Make both and play a few levels on each, then pick what you want your main as. You may end up trying to keep up two classes because you like them both so much. No need to rush the game IMO.
Average Joe
AG
I'm having an interesting issue. After playing Diablo 4, I'll jump in division 2 and be locked into 20fps. Have to reboot and then get full frames in Division 2. Haven't tested any other games, yet, but 100% repeatable going from Diablo to Division 2.
WGann3
AG
I'm only through Act 2, level 36. I got completely sucked into Act 1 completionist mode and that probably wasn't a great idea. Streamlining the main quest line now.

As a die hard Diablo series fan, favorite series of all time, I'm in love with almost everything about the game so far. I'm still skeptical on itemization, that's a big TBD for me.
Hagen95
AG
Got booted for the patch right after they opened servers and wow the queues are bad.
javajaws
AG
Yeah I got booted too. Had just got world tier 3 unlocked and did a few minutes of a helltide. Guess we all have to sleep sometime lol
FatZilla
AG
Streamers already hit 100 hardcore.... Jeebus
wangus12
AG
Man I love video games. I can spend loads of time playing them. But I'm always amazed at these people who can straight up bury 40/48 hrs in a weekend playing surviving on Mt. Dew and hot pockets.
Cromagnum
AG
FatZilla said:

Streamers already hit 100 hardcore.... Jeebus

No lifes.
WGann3
AG
The streamer phenomenon will never make any sense to me. I have zero interest in watching someone else play a video game or tell me what I should think about a video game. Maybe I'm just an old.
Cromagnum
AG
WGann3 said:

The streamer phenomenon will never make any sense to me. I have zero interest in watching someone else play a video game or tell me what I should think about a video game. Maybe I'm just an old.

Or I dunno, watching someone else speed rush a game that I myself want to experience. Who enjoys that honestly?
WGann3
AG
I hear you. There's clearly an audience for it though, some of these people are full blown online celebrities. I'm sure there's some entertaining personalities but when it comes to video games, I prefer to play them myself.
cr0wbar
AG
You are an old - and that's okay. Got my first taste of the streamer culture first hand in DreamHack Dallas last weekend. The Esports scene is ramping up and continuously doing so. There's a younger generation that only watches YouTube & Twitch of others open presents and play video games. I saw a World Championship Rocket League match unfold in front of me in Dallas and a CSGO tournament at Kay Bailey Hutchinson arena with close to 3K people watching it live.

The production value is insane. There are commentators. I never thought I'd enjoy watching competitive gaming, but a buddy of mine got me sucked into watching competitive Apex Legends a few months ago - now I'm waiting for the ALGS split in London next month. I'm 37. I used to watch a ton of NBA & NFL and a tennis slam every once in a while, but now, not so much. Primarily watch only live CFB now. Times do be a changin'
Rule Number 32
AG
Cromagnum said:

WGann3 said:

Or I dunno, watching someone else speed rush a game that I myself want to experience. Who enjoys that honestly?
Go watch some Doctor Disrespect and get back to us lol. Dude is hilarious.

Overall I agree with you but there are people out there that I can sit and watch. I am 40. Doc is one, there are a few other guys that are pretty fun as well that play various games. Some of the Diablo guys are entertaining (Kripp for example can be) but mostly don't enjoy watching that as much.
WGann3
AG
We are the same age. I'm all for people consuming whatever they enjoy consuming, it just doesn't move my needle at all. I've got gaming friends I've played with on an almost daily basis for 15+ years who consume it. They've exposed me to a lot of different streamers and some of the professional scene and I think my brain just instantly goes to "I'd rather be playing this than watching someone play it."

There are definitely some entertaining characters out there like Doctor Disrespect though, I can see watching him for the entertainment of it.
Cromagnum
AG
I only watch streamers for my fighting game habit, and that's mostly to learn tactics that I haven't seen before. For adventure games, shooters, and rpgs, I see zero point because I would 100% rather play than watch someone else play.
Hagen95
AG
I'll watch streamers for tactics/ideas and also to check out a game I'm considering but don't know about throwing down $50 for. PUBG introduced me to streamers and esports so I still watch of few of them since the BR games are different every time. I often have a stream running on the second monitor while I'm playing as background noise.

Back on topic, I started running nightmare dungeons last night and the loot drop rate was significantly better.
Average Joe
AG
I'm late to the party, but rolled a Necro. Having fun in the first 25 levels and excited to see things ramp up.
DallasTeleAg
I've never gotten into the streamer stuff, but I do enjoy watching people try Soulsborne games for the first time. That is a blast to watch.
WGann3
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I've never gotten into the streamer stuff, but I do enjoy watching people try Soulsborne games for the first time. That is a blast to watch.

Haha now that's something I could get behind watching.

Back on topic, how is everyone feeling about the itemization? I'm only level 38 so not too terribly deep into the game but it's the only thing I have any real concerns over. It just kinda seems meh early on, wondering if it gets more interesting later on.
txag2k
AG
I feel I've upgraded too often. Now I'm starting to collect, salvage, and get aspects from legendries. I'm only like level 52 but I'm going to respec my Sorc because I know I picked some skills early on that never are even on my bar now. Luckily getting gold hasn't been terribly difficult if you sell and salvage about equally, making sure I check the cost before I salvage anything.
aggiebonzo
AG
As someone who hasn't played the series since D2, I'm not savvy enough to know what stats/buffs on armor and weapons are critical to my character development. I noticed everything has a an item rating and was wondering if it's just safe to assume that if item rating is higher than my current it's better regardless of item characteristics?
DallasTeleAg
aggiebonzo said:

As someone who hasn't played the series since D2, I'm not savvy enough to know what stats/buffs on armor and weapons are critical to my character development. I noticed everything has a an item rating and was wondering if it's just safe to assume that if item rating is higher than my current it's better regardless of item characteristics?
Early on, that's fine. But you need to pay attention to the damage multipliers and how they work with your build.
Madmarttigan
AG
Stuff uses a lot of gold in this game respecs and extracting
txag2k
AG
Yup! I dropped 800K in a matter of minutes then realized... oOf. I also need to respec and that will cost about 150K. I'm currently at ~2M so I should be good but sell your expensive spoils and charsi the lower valued ones.
aggiebonzo
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

aggiebonzo said:

Early on, that's fine. But you need to pay attention to the damage multipliers and how they work with your build.
So in summary just because something has more armor or DPS doesn't meant it provides more damage overall with the item attributes?
PeekingDuck
AG
Correct. It'll get you through, but at endgame you'll want to pay attention to modifier stacking for your build.
Cromagnum
AG
Servers definitely taking some abuse now. Takes a while to load when zoning in and out sometimes. Still night and day compared to Diablo 3 launch.

My rig is old. Running an i7 6700 from 2015, but have a 2080 Ti. Getting 144 fps near constant at 1440p on high settings with DLSS off. Game runs around 80-90 fps on ultra, but I can't see the graphical improvement so kept it on high for the framerate.

So far just been playing rogue, and around level 25. I don't know about viability later, but playing a penetrating shot with shadow imbue. Once I get the 3 hit combo up, it just feels good to blow packs the **** up.
Cromagnum
AG
Only real complaint is how we are limited to 6 buttons for skill slots. You can have WAY more than that on certain builds, but it was decided to treat PC players like console players and limit what they can can put on their bar.
WGann3
AG
Cromagnum said:

Only real complaint is how we are limited to 6 buttons for skill slots. You can have WAY more than that on certain builds, but it was decided to treat PC players like console players and limit what they can can put on their bar.
I'm 100% with you on this. Especially with the way +skills on items don't require a base point in those skills to make the skill available. Perfect example is I'm running a Penetrating Shot Rogue and I've got like +3 to concealment from items but it's not technically apart of my build so I don't have a spot for it on my bar. But it would be a fantastic oh sh*t skill to use here and there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.