*****Official Destiny 2 PS4 Thread*****

198,575 Views | 2624 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by kill0509
kill0509
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry man, that's tough! Glad y'all are safe!!

Any word from daazer?
Pac1698
AG
He's up either in bear creek or near it. Last I heard from him (earlier today) they were ok, I just sent him a text to see how he's doing.

He just said they are still ok, but the reservoir dumping might start to impact his area more. He's staying put for the night and will see what happens tomorrow.
kill0509
AG
Is Bear creek the one affected by A d d icks reservoir?

Also, have we had all the Houston crew check in now?
Pac1698
AG
I believe you are correct about the addicks reservoir. I didn't see anything from brisket yet. He lives in the long meadow area along the grand parkway.
koadie
AG
Houston check in here. My wife and I are one of the lucky ones who have not flooded nor gotten close to our house. North east Houston. Actually was gonna see if anyone wanted to do the pc beta?

Eph: 2:8
Saxsoon
AG
Glad y'all are safe

So I wanted to out it out there again if we wanted to try a messaging app like BAND for scheduling nightfalls, raids, or exploring groups. It will be a lot easier to communicate on my phone through an app like that that constantly coming g back to this thrrad.

If there is interest I can get a group set up
Beezy2389
AG
I've never used anything like that before but I'll give it a try if you set it up.
Saxsoon
AG
They are a sponsor for guardian radio but they did seem to really make good use of it for their gaming
Mr.KyleReed
AG
What is the release day for D2 again?

Edit: Should of looked at page 1. Sept. 6th
titanmaster_race
What's the difference between band and groupme?
Beezy2389
AG
Yep Wednesday
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Discord is also a good option
titanmaster_race
Good news! The forecasted peak height of the Brazos is down from 59.0 to 57.5 feet. If this is accurate, my parents house should not flood!

We've been very fortunate, even though we are temporarily displaced. We are staying with an Indian family with 3 generations in the same house. Since we arrived yesterday, the grandmother has been ruling with an iron spatula and nearly force-feeding us curry and dosas (very, very good curry and dosas). We all sat around the table for 30 minutes after dinner because she could hear us get up, would come around the corner and say "Sit! I make more. Sit!" And then come back with more food, which we were forced to eat against the will of our stomachs, which were at a capacity rivaling that of the Brazos. It almost feels like I'm in a comedy movie.

They have been so sweet and kind to us. Harvey is bringing out the best in Houston.
bevokilla
AG
Pac1698 said:

I believe you are correct about the addicks reservoir. I didn't see anything from brisket yet. He lives in the long meadow area along the grand parkway.
We evacuated to a friends housein Katy as we were 3 houses outside the mandatory evacuation area for the Brazos. When we left we still had power and were dry but it wast worth the risk with the kiddo and two dogs. Lad to hear everyone else is safe too. This is crazy
Saxsoon
AG
titanmaster_race said:

What's the difference between band and groupme?

I don't know about GroupMe but band is a chat app similar to discord so live discussion. But it also allows people to set up times in a calendar about when they want to raid
koadie
AG
Sax I'm down with that. Discord or Band. I've never used band, but if it's anything like Discord it'll be easy

kill0509
AG
Glad to hear everyone thus far has been doing okay through all of the craziness! The real question will be once everyone goes back to their places. Hoping and praying that no one has any unsalvageable homes and such after all of this.

I haven't used Discord or Band before, but GroupMe is just a messaging app you can use on your phone. No gamechats or anything on GroupMe.
Saxsoon
AG
Try this link url on your phone and it will probably prompt you to download the app

Saxsoon invites you to the [Texas Aggies PSN] group on BAND, the app used to efficiently manage groups and communities. Your group is waiting for you!
http://band.us/n/a2abUdxck2b8r
Saxsoon
AG
You can create a calendar event (raid) and people can rsvp. Also export it to your calendar on your phone
titanmaster_race
AG
looks good!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Im in!
BreNayPop
AG
In
koadie
AG

FightinTexasAg15
AG
Apparently old news, but I didn't know about it:

Destiny 2 Rockstar cans give special in-game gear, Destiny 2 pop-tart boxes give xp boosts
titanmaster_race
The projected crest of the Brazos is down to 56 feet!!!
Pac1698
AG
On the band app, do we use are real name or our PS4 name when signing up?
titanmaster_race
Psn name

I heard the 99 bridge over the Brazos is closed because a support column gave way!
Beezy2389
AG
I think you put your name when you sign up but you can use your psn name once you click to join the group
Pac1698
AG
Thanks saxsoon for setting it up! Hopefully all is well along the brazos and I'll be able to join up with you guys at launch! Also daazer and his family are good last I heard. They didn't have to evacuate, so hopefully the water around his area will start to recede.
BreNayPop
AG
Friendly nerd reminder for destiny 2:

First, go buy a huricane harvey pin from the bungie foundation... support a good cause and get an exclusive name plate. https://bungiestore.com/collections/featured/products/destiny-2-bungie-foundation-collectible-pin-with-emblem

Second, be on the lookout for poptarts destiny style... crappy food but gives an xp boost in game and supposedly hit shelves tomorrow or friday.

And there is also a rockstar promotion but im not sure what it gives you if you can choke down that horse piss...
dcaggie04
AG
Poptarts will give you 4 hour xp bonus (I think I've seen 25%)
Poptarts bought at Target will give you the XP boost and a sparrow.
(For both poptart things, you have to take a picture of your receipt and either text it in or email it and they will send you a code. Supposedly poptart purchase must be no earlier than 9/1)
Rockstar will give you some sort of in-game gear (assuming something cosmetic)
BreNayPop
AG
And per the tweet i just saw, ps4 can start playing d2 on 9/5...

Guardians, your hour is almost at hand. Pre-order to pre-load Destiny 2 and play at 9PM Pacific on September 5: https://t.co/yBoSmM5xHJ https://t.co/d5inq89M1O
spieg12
AG
Most digital games are this way now. They release at midnight eastern time. I like it.
Saxsoon
AG
BreNayPop said:

And per the tweet i just saw, ps4 can start playing d2 on 9/5...

Guardians, your hour is almost at hand. Pre-order to pre-load Destiny 2 and play at 9PM Pacific on September 5: https://t.co/yBoSmM5xHJ https://t.co/d5inq89M1O
I love living on the west coast for this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.