*****Official Destiny 2 PS4 Thread*****

198,574 Views | 2624 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by kill0509
Beezy2389
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nope, you're safe Prime....for now.

I went off of this site https://www.d2checklist.com/clan/1584634 and sorted by last played
Tex117
AG
kill0509 said:

From our conversation in the party chat, recently...

This, is freakin hilarious.
koadie
AG
Alright, prestige nightfall ain't no joke without power ammo. Or having one person dedicated to add killing.

Eph: 2:8
koadie
AG
So it occurs to me after doing the nightfall last night that I probably threw a lot of folks off.

This is caholder on psn

I changed my handle from littlebrotherag to koadie (my regular gamer tag)

Beezy2389
AG
Anyone want to give Eater of Worlds a try?

Last night it sounded like kill and boogie were down to try it.

1. Beezy
2. Boogie
3. Kill
4. Boomer
5. Daazer
Boogie05
AG
YES! Count me in.
kill0509
AG
Let's do it!
Pac1698
AG
I'm in as well. When are you planning to start? I know Daazer wanted to give it a go as well.
Beezy2389
AG
wanna try 8 or would earlier work for everyone?
kill0509
AG
I'm good for whenever! I think daazer usually gets on later, though.
Pac1698
AG
I can do 7:30 if that works for you guys. I'll check with Daazer, I know he said tomorrow would be better since he might have plans tonight. Let me verify that.
Beezy2389
AG
Need 1 more
kill0509
AG
For while we wait for Epic to get online...

BreNayPop
AG
Gimme a break+!! Im going as fast as i can. Church takes time.
kill0509
AG
Have fun with that 10k this morning!!
koadie
AG
Guys, have we done the mini raid? id like to give it a shot at some point

Beezy2389
AG
We started it last night and got the the last phase of the boss. It's short but we've enjoyed figuring it out. Seems like it'll be easy to burn through it once we figure everything out.
BreNayPop
AG
I survived. Took 3rd for my age group. First for my weight class, tho+ ;-)
Pac1698
AG
So it looks like we are doing the boss fight correct (raid lair). One tip that I read was to have the hunter with Orpheus rig (that would be me) rotate to the platform where we are going to do the damage and start clearing the enemies and generating orbs so we have a clean damage phase.

Also striker Titan with insurmountable skull fort can potentially have unlimited grenades and shoulder charges since you can one shot the vex goblin with the shoulder charge.
Beezy2389
AG
Very nice, I also noticed that there are enough harpies (2 groups spawn) to refill your super if you tether them immediately while we are charging the guns
Beezy2389
AG
Guys, I just watched the new world record on the regular leviathan and holy crap are we are doing it wrong.

I think the biggest thing is everyone had the raid perk of increased solar damage by 25%

Gauntlet.
1. They use SMGs to shoot both of the two targets (I only saw that happen when it was either top & mid or mid & bottom. Looked like they had the guy to the right helping out like we do as well.) It also looked like they purposefully missed every other gate for some reason.
2. When everyone gets teleported to run. They had one guy run forwards, two guys run backwards and the other 3 just go backwards like 10 feet and wait for the finish line to appear.

Dogs
1. What the hell?
2. They only got x12 spores and a titan was able to melee his dog with melting point. Throw his grenade that burns in a straight line. And hit him with like 5 or 6 curtain call rockets.
3. Boom everyone else did enough to kill their own.

Baths
1.Titans with hammers.
2. All lamps down in like 8 seconds.

Calus
1. Some different positioning in the throne room at the beginning.
2. For some reason it looked like everyone who got teleported purposefully died during the actual skull killing except for a titan who used his barricade and an smg to keep killing the skulls. I guess they were able to quickly get to the damage phase.
3. Took all his health down with basically 1 plate.
titanmaster_race
So you're saying we need more Titans?
Pac1698
AG
Are we going to give the raid boss another go tonight or tomorrow?

Also have you all used your leviathan keys yet?
atmdds03
AG
I'm on and down to raid tonight
Beezy2389
AG
If we can get enough on, I wouldn't mind starting another regular leviathan run
Beezy2389
AG
Tips from the speed run guys

Raid perks. The new raid perks on the armor help tremendously throughout the entire run. The helmet allows for an instant grenade after a super use. The gloves give a 20% damage bonus on melee kill, which is huge. The class item provides a 25% damage bonus for a specified element ability type, which is also huge. These are the three main perks that speed up every section of the raid... by a lot.

Calus utilizes the skull spawn ratio mechanic. This means that depending on the ratio of people in the realm compared to the people in the throne room, more or less skulls will spawn in the realm. Most previous speedruns utilized a 2:4 throne/realm ratio. We ran an even 3:3 to start. However, once the skulls were about to start spawning, every player killed themselves except for one player in the realm (me) and one player in the throne room (Indica). This allowed for an even 1:1 ratio of skulls.
titanmaster_race
I don't understand....how is a 3:3 ratio different from a 1:1?
Beezy2389
AG
Beezy2389
AG
My guess is it's not just a ratio but it scales with the number of players. Probably easier for the solo guy to take down his shield than 3 people to do it. Not sure about the number of skulls though.

Response in the reddit thread: The skulls spawn ratio only depends on the number of people alive in throne, so 5 void + 1 throne would be the same as 1 void + 1 throne.

The reason why people are killing themselves is so that their orbs are in the throne room, so they can be chain-resurrected and step on a plate as soon as possible. Having to run to an orb to get teleported out of the void room, teleporting to the back of throne, and then running the length of the room takes longer than if you are just revived next to the plate before it's even the damage phase. It's all about saving those precious seconds, meaning it is only useful for a speedrun record attempt.

So 2 of the people died in the throne room to make the skull spawn ratio 1:1 and the other 2 who were teleported died so they can get on the plate and start DPS faster. So I guess 1:1 decreases the # of skulls so he's not overwhelmed?
Boogie05
AG
I'm up for a raid! I'd like to finish the lair if we can too. I'm up for starting anytime after 5:00, but I've got to call it around 10:30 or so.
kill0509
AG
I'll be online as well! Up for finishing the lair or anything else, tonight!
Beezy2389
AG
At the very least we should go to the underbelly and open up those chests.
Pac1698
AG
Me and Daazer are down to finish it tonight!
kill0509
AG
Word!!
atmdds03
AG
Let me know if you need another and I'll jump on

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.