SNES Mini

48,852 Views | 413 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Satellite of Love
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agfan2013 said:

Each unit plus tax $86, then I estimated $10 since hes shipping for free using priority USPS. So $220-96 is $124 bucks profit times the 21 units is $2604. Not sure if its worth that if he waited in lines, did midnight releases, etc. If he works in a store then its easy money, but there should be some sort of store policy to prevent employees from doing it.
They are really going for about 150-160, including the amount paid for shipping. Less the 86 dollars for the item makes it about $74. Less 13% ebay + paypal fees, let's call it $64.

And if he sells enough on eBay, he's gonna have to pay taxes on the profit (self-employment, so lets say 10% + both halves of FICA, so another 15%), so we're looking at about $50 in profit for each. (I help my wife resell a lot of things on eBay)

I doubt he was able to hustle his way to 21 units though, considering they all came out around the same time. I'm guessing he had inside help, probably himself.

agfan2013
AG
Oh yeah, you and diggity bring up a good point in the eBay/PayPal fees. I do doubt that he reports the income he made on his taxes so no extra loss there on his profit margin.

Still it's just even less per unit than what I was estimating so not worth all the trouble/headache in my opinion.

E.KingTrill

Forum Troll
AG
Pman17 said:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/10/16454016/snes-classic-in-stock-gamestop-thinkgeek-online-in-store

Think geek updated site saying they'll have them tomorrow. Not sure whether tomorrow means tonight at midnight and if so what time zone or if it means some random time during the day.
Satellite of Love
Nothing on their website right now.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Forum Troll
AG
Quote:

Hello!

You are receiving this email because you signed up for updates on the Nintendo SNES Classic Edition.

This is your warning: We are expecting a limited number of SNES Classic Editions in stock TODAY, Wednesday, October 11, sometime in the afternoon (eastern time).

Due to the high demand, low quantity, and unreliability of email delivery, when units become available, we will make an announcement on Twitter and Facebook sometime this afternoon (Eastern time).

Here are some general answers to FAQ:
[ol]
  • We have far fewer SNES Classic Editions than we have interested customers. We expect these units to sell out in 15 minutes or less, so do not dally.
  • Due to licensing and legal restrictions, we are only able to ship these units inside the United States (all 50 states). Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • We are limiting one SNES Classic Edition per customer and we reserve the right to cancel duplicate orders.
  • This product is excluded from sitewide discounts, including free shipping.
  • We cannot reserve units in your shopping cart.
  • In the event of site problems or email receipt delays, your order management page will show any successful orders.
  • [/ol]To prepare and improve your chances of snagging one:
    [ol]
  • Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
  • Make sure you have an account with us and set up a default shipping address.
  • Store a payment method and ensure your billing address matches that of your payment method.
  • If you use PayPal, ensure your information is up to date and you have a balance if applicable.
  • You can also find answers to other commonly asked questions here.
  • [/ol]
    If you receive this email and we've sold out, we're sorry! We will do our best to notify you of any future availability.

Thank you in advance for your patience and good luck!
    ThinkGeek
    Its going to be a huge cluster ****.
    FatZilla
    AG
    Going to try gamestop today for one hopefully
    FincAggie06
    AG
    I've got an unopened one in North Austin for sale if anyone is still looking.
    WhiskeyBusiness
    AG
    Can you ship if I pay your shipping costs?
    hurleyag
    AG
    Just picked one up at Game stop in bryan
    TXAG 05
    AG
    hurleyag said:

Just picked one up at Game stop in bryan
    Did they have a lot of them or just that one?
    Forum Troll
    AG
    Think geek sold out in 7 minites,, product page wouldn't load. Keep getting cache errors . They linked generic Nintendo search with their link on Twitter so you had to search for the console through 3 pages of Nintendo crap.
    FTAG 2000
    AG
    Gone in five minutes at ThinkGeek. Unfortunately, missed the tweet that it was live.
    Forum Troll
    AG
    This **** is ridiculous. Still don't understand how this company can repeatedly claim they don't anticipate demand for products.
    Pman17
    AG
    call your local gamestop
    Forum Troll
    AG
    Pman17 said:

call your local gamestop

None seem to have gotten restocked since launch in sugar land and mo city.
    Aggie_Journalist
    AG
    I clicked on the ThinkGeek link within 30 seconds of the tweet posting and the site failed to load.

Pretty crappy.
    Thanks and gig'em
    TXAG 05
    AG
    Just went by the GameStop at Westheimer and Shepherd. They haven't received their shipment yet.
    hurleyag
    AG
    There were 6 consoles and 4 people already
    Forum Troll
    AG
    I like how they said several weeks ago there wouldn't be supply issues lolz.
    hurleyag
    AG
    Pman17 said:

call your local gamestop
    This. I called yesterday once it was released they would be getting them this week. They told me they didn't know exactly what day they would get some but told me when the UPS truck normally arrives.
    BenFiasco14
    AG
    FincAggie06 said:

I am in Austin and am very much interested!!!! can you email me at benfiasco14.texags@gmail.com?
    CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
    ABATTBQ11
    AG
    I still haven't opened mine yet
    Diggity
    AG
    hacked the thing yesterday with the program mentioned earlier.

Couldn't be easier.
    AZAG08
    AG
    My wife and I have played street fighter each night so far. She suggested we start playing to decide how chores around the house are divided up
    OldShadeOfBlue
    AG
    Been playing Zelda like a mad man. Never played it until I bought this thing. So good!
    OSOB
    gambochaman
    AG
    so with this hack thing, which i see exists for both the NES and SNES mini, where do you download the game files from? I'm interested in adding a few.
    Diggity
    AG
    there's a ton of sites. Just google "SNES ROMS"
    OldShadeOfBlue
    AG
    Forum Troll said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-SNES-Classic-Edition-Mini-IN-HAND-SHIPS-NOW-/322795045685?epid=238940552&hash=item4b28158335:g:H1kAAOSwr0hZz8t~

This guy can go suck the FATTEST dick.
    I just don't get why people even buy from scalpers. Don't give him your money and he gets stuck with a $1600 loss.
    OSOB
    Noblemen06
    AG
    Mine arrived in the mail call yesterday...my buddies and I spent about 4 hours on Mario Kart and Contra like a bunch of 9 year olds. This thing is awesome!
    tamusc
    AG
    FincAggie06 said:

Is it still available?
    Gomer95
    AG
    Just got one at the game stop on Hulen Street in Fort Worth. Take that scalpers!
    Forum Troll
    AG
    For those in Houston, check game stops today. I picked up the last one near NRG. Wife got one at game stop near Riverstone a few minutes ago. They had about 7 left.
    whiskey02
    AG
    I picked one up today at Gamestop on 2920/Kuykendahl.
    FTAG 2000
    AG
    all the north Dallas / burbs Gamestops got theirs yesterday, gone in 60 seconds (feels like).

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.