SNES Mini

48,864 Views | 413 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Satellite of Love
agfan2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Target in Bryan off 6 has two in stock right now, just walked past it. Also two switches as well.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
All the game stops sold out by the time I got off work today
ABATTBQ11
AG
agfan2013 said:

Target in Bryan off 6 has two in stock right now, just walked past it. Also two switches as well.

I'd have bought them
agfan2013
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

agfan2013 said:

I'd have bought them
Nah, I hate scalpers with a passion and don't want to become one myself. And on top of that after all the headaches, fees, shipping, etc. $75 profit ain't worth my time, I've got better stuff to do (like play the one I already have). Hopefully two people that actually wanted one for themselves got them.
fig96
AG
agfan2013 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

agfan2013 said:

I'd have bought them
Nah, I hate scalpers with a passion and don't want to become one myself. And on top of that after all the headaches, fees, shipping, etc. $75 profit ain't worth my time, I've got better stuff to do (like play the one I already have). Hopefully two people that actually wanted one for themselves got them.
While I admire this sentiment, if anyone else runs across one I'm sure there's willing takers here who'd be willing to buy it off you with a bit of extra reimbursement for your time (including me).
agfan2013
AG
I'll keep that in mind if I go through there again and see any, usually go to a few football games a year so could even make it work for anyone that's not in B/CS.
Forum Troll
AG
fig96 said:

agfan2013 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

agfan2013 said:

I'd have bought them
While I admire this sentiment, if anyone else runs across one I'm sure there's willing takers here who'd be willing to buy it off you with a bit of extra reimbursement for your time (including me).
I tried to buy an extra for either a real-life friend or some TexAgs nerd (at cost of course) but Gamestop only allowed me to purchase one.
E.KingTrill
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Been playing Zelda like a mad man. Never played it until I bought this thing. So good!
Dude, yes. I never played this Zelda. It's so fun!
Noblemen06
AG
E.KingTrill said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Been playing Zelda like a mad man. Never played it until I bought this thing. So good!
A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game! Head's up (once you finish that all-time great), the Nintendo 3DS has a sequel to A Link to the Past called a Link Between Worlds that is darn near a perfect game. I bought the handheld just to play it and I'd do it again. Both are phenomenal.
getme
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/10/a-simple-hack-to-add-more-games-to-your-mini-snes/

bbattbq01
AG
Noblemen06 said:

E.KingTrill said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game! Head's up (once you finish that all-time great), the Nintendo 3DS has a sequel to A Link to the Past called a Link Between Worlds that is darn near a perfect game. I bought the handheld just to play it and I'd do it again. Both are phenomenal.

I hate Nintendo's pricing.... went to nintendo shop and they still want $40 for a 4 year old game. Why can't everything be like Steam!
Vade281
AG
Added some games to my SNES...it's pretty definitive but I also have RPG/Nintendo bias.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tPwga6OvMysWYf7fT6bGWMR4PV7iQGbNTknp6BgOz0g/edit
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Noblemen06
AG
For once, I find myself remiss that I'm an Apple guy since the ROM uploading software is windows-only. The classic comes with a great set of games but perusing your list reminds me of a few old favorites I'd love to revisit. Harvest Moon, Chrono Trigger, and Sunset Riders consumed many Saturdays with my buddies back in the day.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
jr281 said:

Added some games to my SNES...it's pretty definitive but I also have RPG/Nintendo bias.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tPwga6OvMysWYf7fT6bGWMR4PV7iQGbNTknp6BgOz0g/edit

You can add games from other systems on it, and they'll work?
TexAgsAnon
agfan2013 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

agfan2013 said:

I'd have bought them
Lol @ headaches and fees. It's called OfferUp my dude.
Vade281
AG
aggieREX11 said:

jr281 said:

Yup! Retroarch works perfectly on it. N64 works okay but not worth the file size. NEOGEO and CPS1 and 2 work as well!
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Satellite of Love
jr281 said:

aggieREX11 said:

jr281 said:

Yup! Retroarch works perfectly on it. N64 works okay but not worth the file size. NEOGEO and CPS1 and 2 work as well!
I would wait for the Mini N64 to come out and add games that that system!
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
BenFiasco14
AG
Found one.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Claude!
Anyone still looking for one? The other day, I was in Walmart in my neck of North Atlanta and saw one or two in stock. I'd be happy to swing by and pick one up and ship it over at cost. Shoot me a PM or whatever and I'll see what we can do.
permabull
AG
Pman17
AG

Amazon Exclusive SNES New 3DS
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076KRDRQG
tfunk02
AG
Just in stock...
https://www.gamestop.com/snes/consoles/super-nes-classic-edition/152771?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=AKGBlS8SPlM-s9qMeR5C1qaLE9xUlyDQPA
MrJonMan
AG
I forgot about mine and have yet to even open it
The Milkman
AG
Best Buy has more for sale today. In line at Galleria Houston line now and manager just said we're all good so sounds like they have a bunch.

In case anyone still looking for a Christmas gift
RangerRick9211
AG
Slickdeals found it on Amazon France for $100 shipped to the US.
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B073BVHY3F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Chrome translating made the process very easy!
permabull
AG
BenFiasco14
AG
Earthbound is so fun
permabull
AG
ABKitch
AG
Finally got one. Was out walking through Walmart in Westminster, CO and spotted one out of the corner of my eye. The guy who rang me up said he was surprised there was one there, that they've been selling out instantly before they even get them out on the shelves. Now to decide if I'll keep it or give it to some lucky family member as a Christmas gift...
tamusc
AG
I saw several available at the North Austin Best Buy (the one in the Gateway Center) this weekend.
TriumphForks
AG
hypeiv said:

started playing Super Mario RPG last night
Such an excellent game. Was my first RPG I ever played back in the day and got me into the genre of JRPGs. Will probably play through soon-ish even though I also have my original SNES cart and Wii Virtual Console.

In other news, beat Kefka in FFVI a couple days ago on the Classic. FFVI might just be the best in the series. I would also say it contains some of Nobuo Uematsu's best work on the soundtrack.
Predmid
AG
Had a pretty decent speedrun for me of Mario world. One solid afternoon to unlock all the switches (yellow, red, blue, green), then get to that one level where if you don't kill any of the early enemies, then get the p switch after the mid level bar and then run back to the beginning to get 99 lives from the silver coin dudes.

Then star worlds to the front door.
WGann3
AG
But did you beat the special world in the Star Road and turn all of the enemies into Marios?

Super Mario World was the first thing I jumped into when I picked up the classic. I probably have that game and Super Mario 64 more memorized inch by inch than any other game and I still love to play through them both every couple of years. I got the full 96 (100% completion) in probably 3 tun-ons of the SNES Classic, haha.

I haven't busted out the SNES Classic for a while, but just had my first kid Friday so this thing is going to be perfect for the downtime with her and the holidays coming up. Super Mario RPG time.
Predmid
AG
I have to admit, I was too young to ever really beat mario world growing up. I always got stuck somewhere in the forest and never could beat the levels the alternate ways to unlock the right path.

Going through, beating every level, I'm to the fortress of chocolate island.
WGann3
AG
The level design of SMW is flat out incredible, I would highly recommend continuing to play through it level by level. 100% completion I referenced in my last post is a score of 96 (a star will appear next to the 96 on your choose game screen at the intro) which means you've found all 96 level exits. Some of the secret exits can be pretty challenging to find so if you were still really young I can totally see why it would have been tough to finish. I was born in '86 so it was probably the first game I truly grew up with.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.